PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Ford Raptor F-150

BoosTT
06-15-2009, 12:25 PM
I like it. Unlike an FJ or Jeep, it can tow and haul, making it a bit more pratical. The grill looks cool too.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/ford-f-150-raptor.html

Waver
06-15-2009, 12:26 PM
thing looks mean in person......the one at the autoshow was the basic one with the 5.4......

BlueOvalBolt
06-15-2009, 12:30 PM
For those interested:

DEARBORN, Mich., June 3, 2009 – Ford's all-new 2010 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor will be making its Hollywood debut on June 23 when a new feature film about the ultimate production off-road performance truck hits the silver screen.

"Raptor – Born in Baja" – produced by Brentwood Communications (BCII) in conjunction with Ford Motor Company – will premiere at the Egyptian Theater in Hollywood, Calif., before an audience of more than 500 automotive and off-road motorsports executives, entertainment industry heavyweights, celebrity guests and members of the press.

The documentary follows Ford designers, engineers and race program directors, along with Foutz Motorsports and other aftermarket organizations, as they construct, test and unveil the new F-150 SVT Raptor to the automotive world by entering it in the grueling 631-mile Baja 1000 race, one of the toughest point-to-point off-road races in the world.

"I had read in the automotive trades that Ford had told its dealers that the Raptor would be the 'first truck you could buy right off the lot and drive in Baja,' " said Bud Brutsman, BCII CEO and the film's executive producer. "I told Ford, 'Let's prove it.' "

Not only did Raptor finish the race, but it sped through the finish line in 25.5 hours, placing third in its class in what was originally supposed to be only a development drive.

"For 32 years now, Ford trucks have led the marketplace because of our long history of capability and durability," said Doug Scott, Ford Truck Marketing Manager. "With the F-150 SVT Raptor, we are delivering a true off-road performance truck with the proven 'Built Ford Tough' capability and durability that is at the core of every F-150."

The all-new Raptor was built to take on the most challenging desert adventures as well as the everyday commute. The vehicle produces true off-road performance thanks to its stock high-performance parts, standard FOX Racing Shox and standard Ford SVT-tuned BFGoodrich® all-terrain tires. It will be available in showrooms in July with a MSRP of $38,995.

Following the June 23 premiere of "Raptor – Born in Baja," a one-hour television version of the film will air on SPEED on Sunday, July 12, at 4 p.m. EST with several additional airings to be determined at a later date.

To view the trailer and clips from "Raptor – Born in Baja," visit www.youtube.com/RECONdesign.

For more information about the F-150 SVT Raptor, visit www.fordvehicles.com/f150raptor.

Irish
06-15-2009, 12:33 PM
I like it. Unlike an FJ or Jeep, it can tow and haul, making it a bit more pratical. The grill looks cool too.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/ford-f-150-raptor.html

I like it! I can tow and haul in my Jeep GCL just fine. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one.

88Nightmare
06-15-2009, 02:01 PM
that front end is rather ugly imo.

GTSLOW
06-15-2009, 03:32 PM
To bad its got IFS. Nothing on a Jeep in the offroading category.

0TransAm0
06-15-2009, 03:59 PM
looks nice... but 38k??? fuck that.

SmokinRAM114
06-15-2009, 05:15 PM
looks nice... but 38k??? fuck that.

have u seen the prices on just a regular f150 :stare that shits outrageous if you want anything nice

97z2801ss
06-15-2009, 06:02 PM
that front end is rather ugly imo.

I agree....

BOSS LX
06-15-2009, 06:03 PM
That thing is badass!

38k is not out of line for what you get.

Prince Valiant
06-15-2009, 06:17 PM
So, the 6.2 is basically a 3,000 dollar option?!?

The raptor strikes me as less a hardcore rock crawler ala Jeep Wrangler Rubicon...but more of a baja type where the point is to be able to drive over uneven surfaces quickly. Full sizes like that tend not to be great in the tighter sections of trail and climbing rocks due to weight, length, and overhang.

It'll have a tow rating, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it substantially diminished due to the tires and increased suspension travel.

0TransAm0
06-15-2009, 06:25 PM
well after looking at all the pictures and doing a little more reading that truck is pretty damn sweet! i like the black truck with black wheels and black grill...

88Nightmare
06-15-2009, 06:28 PM
after looking at all the pictures for awhile, I still feel that front end is ugly

Waver
06-15-2009, 07:50 PM
So, the 6.2 is basically a 3,000 dollar option?!?

The raptor strikes me as less a hardcore rock crawler ala Jeep Wrangler Rubicon...but more of a baja type where the point is to be able to drive over uneven surfaces quickly. Full sizes like that tend not to be great in the tighter sections of trail and climbing rocks due to weight, length, and overhang.

It'll have a tow rating, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it substantially diminished due to the tires and increased suspension travel.

And that was exactally what ford intended to do with this truck. It will be somthing like the 00 cobra r.....but man is that suspension nice.....