PDA

View Full Version : Independent Bike Shop for HD's...

Fast SVT
06-13-2009, 03:40 AM
Anyone know of a good independent shop between Milwaukee and Racine?

I'm looking to get some new wheels along with rotors installed and don't really want to pay HD prices for it.

Crawlin
06-13-2009, 06:31 AM
Jamie's Customs out in Waukesha

Competition Cycle in Butler off of 124th and Hampton.

Those are the two places we usually recommend customers

Call up to Milwaukee Harley though. They seem to be whoring out prices left and right. Tire alone costs $165 and they quoted a customer $150 installed. But then again, the person working on your bike is an $10/hr guy that is usually washing bikes, but hey, you saved money right?

Al
06-13-2009, 12:15 PM
Jamie's Customs out in Waukesha

Competition Cycle in Butler off of 124th and Hampton.

I went to Jamies once for an oil change and they wanted $80. (did it myself after that)

Crawlin
06-13-2009, 02:16 PM
For a softail or a dyno, after taxes, it's $100 otd here....

labor on that is only $25 of the total

I guess the moral of the story is, you'll get what you pay for. We just got a dealer trade from Hal's that the turn signal switch when pressed for left, would light up the right rear signal. How the hell does that pass tech/set up?

Fast SVT
06-14-2009, 12:23 AM
Which dealership do you work at?

For a softail or a dyno, after taxes, it's $100 otd here....

labor on that is only $25 of the total

I guess the moral of the story is, you'll get what you pay for. We just got a dealer trade from Hal's that the turn signal switch when pressed for left, would light up the right rear signal. How the hell does that pass tech/set up?

Reverend Cooper
06-14-2009, 08:34 AM
My brother has his own sho,but its up towards Eagle River,You'll not be able to beat the prices. He is on here alot he is Coops brother