PDA

View Full Version : Motorcycle GPS

Al
06-13-2009, 01:26 AM
I'm wondering if anyone here has any experience with GPS systems for motorcycles.

I'm looking for something that I can mount to my handlebar or on top of my fuel tank. I think that the models sold at Best Buy will not suffice because I need something that can handle hours of being exposed to the rain.

Also, something that can get Doppler radar images would kick ass!

Any input?

Graystone
06-14-2009, 08:07 PM
They make a mount that will slide in the hole of the triple trees. Then you mount your GPS to that. I saw it on a Busa I dont know if it will work for your application. I was thinking about getting one too.

cheap80Z28
06-14-2009, 11:29 PM
i've been using a plain garmin nuvi 260 for the past year. drilled a hole in the clip and mounted to a gas cap cover from kiriacken (sp). they have the garmin 450, and 550 made for bikes, but they cost over 600.

best buy was trying to show me a tom tom rider, but didn't have one in stock at his store.

pOrk
06-14-2009, 11:31 PM
You can always use a reg gps and a tank bag, I can make a mount for the bike and when it rains you toss the gps in the top of the tank bag, most of them have clear sleeves on the top to slide maps into. That's what I did and it worked like a charm.