PDA

View Full Version : Car wax, whats the Best?

modmachz
06-12-2009, 07:39 PM
What is the best car wax being used out There??

Gonna hand wash and wax the cars saturday and need to buy the best also for plastic trims in black?

Donny...

nismodave
06-12-2009, 07:45 PM
Check out BCMs sponsor, The Car Care Depot. They sell some great stuff.

http://brewcitymuscle.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=80

Holeshot
06-12-2009, 07:46 PM
Check out BCMs sponsor, The Car Care Depot. They sell some great stuff.

http://brewcitymuscle.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=80

True. Jon has some great products and is super to deal with.

lilws6
06-12-2009, 09:43 PM
What is the best car wax being used out There??

Gonna hand wash and wax the cars saturday and need to buy the best also for plastic trims in black?

Donny...

you refering to a donny? and is it me lol? I have always liked meguires products until i tried the turtle ice wax polish your supposed to use it after a wax but i use it like it is wax. it goes on clear doesn't dry and leaves no white residue. thats the main thing i like and it makes my car feel so smooth. i would like to claybar my car once to see how much better it is but maybe i'll pay someone to do that for me since i don't trust my self with paint.

Al
06-13-2009, 12:01 AM
I have heard people talk about a product called Zymol.

Anyone here ever use is?

wikked
06-13-2009, 12:35 AM
I have heard people talk about a product called Zymol.

Anyone here ever use is?

That's what I use, not saying it's the best, as there's some things most people have never heard of that are like a jillion dollars a bottle... but for me, I like it. Goes on good, and comes off easy, smells good too :goof

Reverend Cooper
06-13-2009, 02:01 AM
Klasse hands down.

mr.gone1985
06-13-2009, 08:27 AM
[quote=Al;550874]I have heard people talk about a product called Zymol.

I use it also. It is not crazy expensive and works really good. It is what my brother recommends to his restoration customers for a good wax at a good price. Very satisfied with it.

mr.gone1985
06-13-2009, 08:34 AM
i would like to claybar my car once to see how much better it is but maybe i'll pay someone to do that for me since i don't trust my self with paint.[/quote]

Using the clayar bar isn't hard to do. Just follow the directions and make sure the surface is always wet with the detailing spray. I can do it for you if your looking to have it done. And also you'll need to wax it when you are finished. It is worth the time to do it imo.

modmachz
06-13-2009, 08:41 AM
where do you get zymol from?

mr.gone1985
06-13-2009, 08:50 AM
I know Walmart carries it.

BadAzzGTA89
06-13-2009, 08:51 AM
where do you get zymol from?

Any auto parts store!

jon_we4
06-13-2009, 08:54 AM
Zymol found in any local store would be made by Turtle Wax - but still good stuff. Their hardcore products are expensive as hell, but have their uses. I love their leather and glass cleaners - I keep those in stock.

As far as a wax, I like Natty's Blue. It requires very little effort. The Miligore demo's I've done yield insane results, but with some elbow grease.

If you want more protection - go with a sealant like the EX-P, Tropi-Care xP, and I just received some imported Bilt-Hamber Auto Balm (UK) - but I havn't had a chance to do one of my cars with it yet. It's received some great reviews.

It really depends on the car and the color. Really the wax or sealant is just a protection layer. A polish or glaze will do more to enhance the shine of a finish, and a more abrasive swirl remover will remove imperfections. And a Claybar will prep the surface after a wash - and before you use any compound. If you you have proper lubrication and keep from contaminating the clay - its a perfectly safe step.

As far as black trim ... depends on the texture. I sell back-to-black which works nice on flat pieces. My GM 2500HD has a rougher texture to the plastic trim and I use a meguairs spray (but don't have any in stock).

And as a few of you already know, anything shipped within WI is shipped SpeeDee Delivery which is half the price of UPS residential delivery. I can also ship as late as 8pm for delivery the next business day.

modmachz
06-13-2009, 09:05 AM
I need it today, My cars colors are crimson Red on the caddy and silver metallic on the monte carlo, I just want a great shine ..

JC70SS
06-13-2009, 10:10 AM
No Zaino fans? Everyone used to worship that stuff.

jbiscuit
06-13-2009, 10:50 AM
I only use Zaino products. Seems to shine like crazy but doesn't hold up real well. Not a huge issue for anyone that doesn't mind cleaning/polishing the car often. I like to clay the car/truck and then follow up with 2 days worth of Zaino applications. If you use their spray detailer as well, it seems to work great.

jon_we4
06-13-2009, 11:02 AM
I've used Zaino in the past and really was happy with the results. The only thing I have against the 'idea of Zaino' is that anything Zaino is perfect. I like using different products that work for me on various vehicles. The various polishing products out there really allow you get great and deep shine out of the finish and using a sealant like Zaino or a wax gives added depth and protection.

GRM-REPR
06-13-2009, 11:03 AM
Zaino.

Case closed :shades

84hurst
06-13-2009, 11:16 AM
I prefer zymol. Seems to go on great and the finish seems to last 6ish mo too.

Karps TA
06-13-2009, 11:27 AM
I was a Zaino nazi for a long time, but at the persistance of some friends tried some othe products and ended up liking them more. The biggest issues I had with Zaino is it's real particular on how you use it, like the quick detailing spray. You have to learn the right amount to use, otherwise it smears and looks like crap. Especially on a black car. I still think his tire dressing is the absolute best though.

You can use something off the shelf like NXT and get great results. I think it's the best off the shelf product for the price I've ever used from an appearance standpoint. It doesn't last worth a shit, but it goes on and comes off so easy that doing it every couple weeks isn't that much of a chore. If I was in a hurry and needed something easily found right away, that's what I would use.

johnny--2k
06-13-2009, 11:52 AM
Agreed on the NXT. Meguiars has some great stuff in their professional line as well that lasts much longer than the NXT. Meguiars Gold Class is also a nice longer lasting wax. Usually I'll use that as a base, then follow with NXT for that POP in color, and finally run down the whole car with a Quick Detailer to get rid of streaks, etc... and give it a final inspection.

Red97GTP
06-13-2009, 02:57 PM
Zymol for me too. Been using it for years and love it.

SSmike1
06-13-2009, 03:13 PM
i just tried the Mequiars NXT
and it seems to be an AWESOME wax product.
It seems to me to have provided the Thickest coat of WAX ( sealant)
to my finish, than ANYTHING i have used before.
:thumbsup

Agreed on the NXT. Meguiars has some great stuff in their professional line as well that lasts much longer than the NXT. Meguiars Gold Class is also a nice longer lasting wax. Usually I'll use that as a base, then follow with NXT for that POP in color, and finally run down the whole car with a Quick Detailer to get rid of streaks, etc... and give it a final inspection.