PDA

View Full Version : Selling my starter bike

xFullThrottlex
06-11-2009, 11:38 PM
Hey guys,

I have my VTR 250 listed on craigslist. I have gotten a lot of interest and unfortunatly a few low ballers, deadbeats, and dreamers. I'll be honest with you all, my insurance is due and I'm just not sure if this is the bike I want to be riding this year (I may have a killer deal on an HD) but I can't have two bikes (and three cars) or else i'm a dead man. It's a very clean 20 year old cycle (hell i'm 20 and don't look nearly this good) and want it to go to someone that either is really hot after these bikes, wants to learn how to ride, or has an appreciation for these classics. I MAY trade for the right cafe, sport bike, or if you had a sportster and wanted a partial bike trade I'd bark up that tree. If you know anyone that may be interested please do me a favor and pass my ad around. Thank you.

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/mcy/1217503805.html

-stew-
06-12-2009, 12:44 AM
KEEP IT! That's way cooler than a sporty!!!

xFullThrottlex
06-12-2009, 08:40 AM
KEEP IT! That's way cooler than a sporty!!!

Thanks stew!!

I'm really on the fence about keeping it, i mean the pros really outweight the cons on this bike. I've wanted a Harley since I was 4 (and i'm completely aware of how their yesterdays technology at tomorrow's prices) I honestly think it's because i've been around them forever. I am however a HUGE fan of Honda motorcycles and I really like this bike!!

EDIT: If it doesn't sell/trade, i'll probably go over it with a fine tooth comb and enter it in rockerbox

-stew-
06-12-2009, 01:40 PM
Having the loot to put twards the HD would be nice, but I'm sure not as nice as people asking "what is that?" when out on the viffer. With a brand new Sporty sheeple will say "nice bike" all the time, just because it's a shiney new HD and they don't know shit about bikes. But with that 250, maybe once a year, you'll get some guy who will drop what he's doing, or turn around and park his car and walk up to your bike, gaze, and crouch, and walk around it in awe. When you walk out to it to leave they will talk to you about how they used to race them, or that was the bike they wished they'd never sold. And that is worth moar than Hal's whole showroom. A bike like that garners genuine compliments from true motorcycle enthusiasts.

CarrotTop
06-12-2009, 09:01 PM
Iv always wanted a bike and learn how to ride and shift with the manual trans..

And my 1986 Honda Spree moped just dose not have the power lol.

hmm real clean and good looking.

xFullThrottlex
06-13-2009, 01:32 PM
Having the loot to put twards the HD would be nice, but I'm sure not as nice as people asking "what is that?" when out on the viffer. With a brand new Sporty sheeple will say "nice bike" all the time, just because it's a shiney new HD and they don't know shit about bikes. But with that 250, maybe once a year, you'll get some guy who will drop what he's doing, or turn around and park his car and walk up to your bike, gaze, and crouch, and walk around it in awe. When you walk out to it to leave they will talk to you about how they used to race them, or that was the bike they wished they'd never sold. And that is worth moar than Hal's whole showroom. A bike like that garners genuine compliments from true motorcycle enthusiasts.

Thanks for the kind words stew, I am going to re-evaluate selling the bike.