PDA

View Full Version : WTF, $1.95 a gallon!?!?!?!?!

Yooformula
04-01-2004, 02:07 AM
This sh|t sucks!! And its supposed to go higher:fire $17 and I beraly got half a tank:eek:

02hawk796
04-01-2004, 07:12 AM
What, you buying regular? I've been paying $1.999 off and on for awhile. I think it was over $2 a little bit ago.
But remember, Governor Doyle says that's really not an extra tax he's charging you, and it's not a fee either! He calls it a "special charge".
Be sure to vote for all democrats in the election so you can pay more taxes, fees, and special charges. You should all be ashamed you haven't been "paying your fair share" to support our welfare state.

Al
04-01-2004, 08:25 AM
The tax increase was only $0.006. But those ****ers owning the gas stations want to drain us to fill their pockets. I'm waiting for a disgruntled individual to go postal on opec.

I'm in favor of hydrogen fuel ASAP. All current cars can be converted to use it and it is more poiwerful than gasolinge. The only thing I don't like is the idea of a pressurized tank in my trunk, but I also like the idea of never hearing from a complaining environmentalist again.

Anyone else see the "boys will be boys" on the history/learning channel???

rsscoty
04-01-2004, 09:28 AM
It's not the gas station owners. They make barely a few pennys a gallon. It's the oil companies that are making all the $$$

Scoty

Yooformula
04-01-2004, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by 02hawk796

Be sure to vote for all democrats in the election so you can pay more taxes, fees, and special charges. You should all be ashamed you haven't been "paying your fair share" to support our welfare state.

Ok, off topic but funny story...

A lady comes into my restaurant and asks if she can use her WIC card to purchase dinner. Well my grossly annyoed manager loses his short temper and snaps back to her NO. She gets insulted and says " How come?! I work very hard for MY food stamps!" he laughs at her and tells her " NO ma'am I work hard for your food stamps with my taxes as you sit home waiting for the check. Have a nice day". I dont know why but alot of people waiting began to laugh at the dumb b|tch:nutkick :thumbsup

rsscoty
04-01-2004, 10:16 AM
That is funny, nfever had anything like that happen at the bar/restaurant but have had other things similarly funny happen.
Scoty

88camaro
04-01-2004, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by Yooformula
Ok, off topic but funny story...

A lady comes into my restaurant and asks if she can use her WIC card to purchase dinner. Well my grossly annyoed manager loses his short temper and snaps back to her NO. She gets insulted and says " How come?! I work very hard for MY food stamps!" he laughs at her and tells her " NO ma'am I work hard for your food stamps with my taxes as you sit home waiting for the check. Have a nice day". I dont know why but alot of people waiting began to laugh at the dumb b|tch:nutkick :thumbsup

personal i think the WIC system should be redone or something. it nice to know that their buying junk food with and stuff like shrimp. Also their wearing really expansive stuff that a normal person would be. So in short people abuse the WIC. Sorry it really bugs me when people useing the wic and are using it get shrimp.

Cryptic
04-01-2004, 10:27 AM
I paid 1.95 last night in east troy (for the good stuff)

its now 1.99 this morning :fire

Yooformula
04-01-2004, 03:05 PM
Ooooh, just saw $2.05 EVERYWHERE today:(

MoreTorque
04-01-2004, 04:14 PM
This is insane. Its early in the year and the prices are going nuts.

1.77/ gal for diesel.... WTF is that :fire :fire :fire

02hawk796
04-01-2004, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by BlueBullet
The tax increase was only $0.006.....

Ohhhhh. Ummm. Sorry. Ummm. Can you remind me how many of the other 49 states have a greater tax per gallon burden than Wisconsin? Hmmmmm?

"tax increase is only blah blah blah....." Oh, gee, that's so very reasonable. Let's rush right out to pay more taxes, we didn't pay enough yesterday. Let's elect more democrats because they "only increase taxes" by a reasonable amount, and those darned republicans keep finding ways to cut taxes, dangit.

BadAzzGTA89
04-01-2004, 06:03 PM
Dayum i am gonna invest in a syphon pump!!!Im on the look out for the big monster SUV's:thumbsup

Yooformula
04-01-2004, 07:37 PM
Hmmm, I just so happen to have a siphon pump laying around might as well get my money's worth...Reminds me of Road Warrior now:goof

Burgandy85SS
04-01-2004, 11:11 PM
Filled up the Cadillac tonight at $2.01 per gallon of premiumn
$30.00 and it was 3/4 empty

Yooformula
04-01-2004, 11:15 PM
Always nice to hear the news remind us that Wisconsin has the highest gas tax in the nation isnt it?:rolleyes: I am getting to hate the nightly news..:fire

Poncho
04-02-2004, 12:32 AM
haha............

ok not really

this totally sucks.

I get the benifet of having the option to take the supercharger belt off and run the car NA. I said if it get's above $2.00 a gallon, off that belt goes, so I can run low grade. Guess that'll be happening next time I need to gas up.

great, then I will have to watch out for the fast cars of "beyyyyyyyond motorsports.

Poncho
04-02-2004, 12:39 AM
160 horsepower here I come. :3gears:

SSScottSS
04-02-2004, 01:19 AM
We are just being "conditioned" to think $1.90-$2.00 is not a bad price. From what I've read, production costs are nearly at an all time low, yet the oil companies/OPEC keep raising the prices, and their profit margins. Without a doubt, we will be paying in the $3.00/gallon range this summer, and when the price goes back down to $2.00/gal, and we are happy its back down, they will have us "conditioned" for their higher profit margins.:bsflag :S:

PB86MCSS
04-02-2004, 01:36 AM
Yep, this ain't exactly supply and demand setting price levels. :rolleyes: Gotta love collusion/OPEC.

Yooformula
04-02-2004, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by SSScottSS
We are just being "conditioned" to think $1.90-$2.00 is not a bad price. From what I've read, production costs are nearly at an all time low, yet the oil companies/OPEC keep raising the prices, and their profit margins. Without a doubt, we will be paying in the $3.00/gallon range this summer, and when the price goes back down to $2.00/gal, and we are happy its back down, they will have us "conditioned" for their higher profit margins.:bsflag :S:

I was thinking the same thing as I thought about how cheap the $1.95/gal seems now:rolleyes: