PDA

View Full Version : DTV Converter Boxes...

-stew-
06-08-2009, 06:20 PM
I just got my coupons today. Does anybody have any recomendations for any particular makes or models? I'm gonna go buy 'em friday. I've nev er claimed to be well prepaired.

Rocket Power
06-08-2009, 11:16 PM
When I got mine, there wasn't alot of choices so I just got the cheapest one they had, still in the box so I'm not that much of a help:rolf

kenseth17
06-08-2009, 11:48 PM
I got mine awhile back, and got magnavox. Seems to work fine for me. Was the only thing wally world had, and most other stores never seen any of the convertor boxes in. I had no problem with it being a magnavox, as I've had pretty good luck with there stuff, My tv is a magnovox now 10 years old, and have had 2 vcr that were magnavox. I replaced the first magnavox with another one, when the other one finally broke, after having it many years, and never cleaning the thing.
Wish I could say the same thing about some other things. My mom got me a sharpe tv one christmas, before I bought the magnavox, and was shot in a year. Also got a shark Vaccum I know she probably paid a decent price for. Worked like crapola, and shut off after a few minutes of use, till you let it sit quite awhile, then get a few more minutes out of it before the same thing. So I bought a cheapy dirt devil and it works a heck of a lot better.

TransAm12sec
06-09-2009, 12:32 AM
The RCA one has big buttons for old people. I like the insignia one, a few more features and buttons on the remote. If you have a screw in coax cable for the antenna, you'll need an adapter from Radioshack for $2.

michelle
06-09-2009, 07:00 AM
I like the Insignia one I have. The remote looks more like a normal remote, then small small cheap thing. I have a couple of the $40 or $50 ones, which work okay, but not the best. Not sure how much the Insignia one is over the $40 coupon.