PDA

View Full Version : 74 MG Title Problem

pOrk
06-06-2009, 07:19 PM
Bought a 74 MG from a dead guys estate auction, its now running and driving so it needs to be titled. The estates sales rep wrote his name and address on the title w/o a signature. Do we sign the reps name in the signature box or leave it blank? I know the DMV with throw a fit if its not done right and getting a replacement title if we do it wrong will be impossible.

shawn
06-06-2009, 07:33 PM
i would just go to the dmv first and tell them that ur considering buying a car from an estate auction, in which the previous is dead....i do believe that the power of attorney can sign his/her name on the title. my girlfriends ma did the same thing when they sold her grandmas car after she died.

Ricky Bobby
06-06-2009, 07:37 PM
yes there is a form showin who the power of attorney is and that needs to be filled out if its not filed already and then all they have to do is sign the title like they are the sellers and u should be good to go, at least thats how it went when i bought my 76 caprice

-stew-
06-06-2009, 07:38 PM
Just take the the title and what ever other paper work you have to the DMV. I've had good luck with the DMV on shit like that. When I titled my truck I walked in with a death certificate and a little bit of paper work from the estate and said:

My mom died and left me her truck, but there was no will. I need to title and register it.

Lady just glanced at the paper work, said: here fill this out. Sign this. I need X amount of dollars (I think $25 for a lost title) Sign this title as buyer and seller. Fill this out, sign here. $xxx for title and license. Here's you plates and title."

I was at the counter maybe 15 minutes. Remarkably painless.

shoooo32
06-07-2009, 08:55 AM
Pics of this British death machine?

BoosTT
06-07-2009, 10:34 AM
If the box is signed, how would the dmv know the estate sales rep didn't own the car? I think you could pull a fast one.

pOrk
06-07-2009, 04:44 PM
If the box is signed, how would the dmv know the estate sales rep didn't own the car? I think you could pull a fast one.

Cause his name isn't on the title. The name on the title is Phillip, and the hand written name is Adam. Both same last name. There is no signature at all, which WILL be a problem. Last time I went in to ask for advice the ass behind the counter stamped the title VOID cause of a similar problem. I had to contact the previous owner to get a replacement title, and this wont be possible since he is dead.

I'll get pics one of these days, my dad bought it for something to toy with this summer. Its pretty clean, would look good with some clowns climbing out of it at the circus.

lordairgtar
06-07-2009, 11:39 PM
Just ask questions, don't actually give them a title to stamp.

pOrk
06-28-2009, 12:29 AM
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r87/thegreenpOrk/dadsmg.jpg

thats the car, handles like ass

shoooo32
06-28-2009, 11:09 AM
looks clean. I like the knock off hub wire wheels.