PDA

View Full Version : Auto glass Installers

modmachz
06-05-2009, 08:07 PM
Who Does Auto Glass??? I have a rear window in a cadillac that actually squeeks and creeks over rough roads. If you just push up on it the rattle goes away!! So I need Someone to Remove it, Reseal it And Than Install It.... Who does this?? Trying to find a good source before I call AGS or Someone like That..

Donny...

lordairgtar
06-06-2009, 12:38 AM
If that car has a padded top, it's gonna be more costly. I had a Grand Marquis with the small rear window, formal roof line and a heavily padded half top. Some one shot out my rear window and they had to actually remove the top to replace the glass. I don't know how Cadillac did it, but Mercury used a piece of glass not even meant for that car. My Merc was an 84 and it used an older Lincoln Mark V glass. Go figure. Instead of the normal opening it had a plastic piece that sat back there to give a steeper roof angle and the Lincoln glass was held on with metal clips over the opening. Glass was not the same shape as the opening, it just sat there in its little clips against the roof line and then had upholstery over that.

modmachz
06-06-2009, 07:05 AM
It is a hard top

lordairgtar
06-06-2009, 07:37 AM
Cool, I tend to ramble.

77thor
06-06-2009, 09:27 AM
I have used SafeLite Auto Glass and would recommend them.