PDA

View Full Version : Truck bed liner spray

Exitspeed
06-05-2009, 07:27 PM
I just saw a pic online and would like to do it to my bike. I wanna paint my gas tank on my bike with spray tuck bed liner. Like this:

http://i523.photobucket.com/albums/w351/FirstYearDeek/BMWCafe.jpg

I'm not one to usually rip off other ideas but the fact I'm putting it on a bike that's not traditionally done in a Cafe Racer style so it'll still be unique enough.

Anyone have any experience spraying this stuff themselves? I see Duplicolor has a product for the DIY. Anyone by chance work at a place that does this stuff that would have an idea on how much it would cost to do a motorcycle gas tank?

-stew-
06-05-2009, 08:41 PM
That bike is gayer that AIDS that has the swine flu.

Yeehaw
06-05-2009, 08:52 PM
mel that dupli color stuff is not terrible i used it on my bronco to do a two tone held up ok, on my diesel it is what i used to paint the wheels i have a can and a half left if you want it

Irish
06-05-2009, 09:36 PM
That bike is gayer that AIDS that has the swine flu.

That is the dumbest thing I have read today....

wrath
06-06-2009, 12:09 AM
Don't use Duplicolor. Been there, regret that.

Exitspeed
06-06-2009, 07:02 AM
I'm not sue if I'm gonna go that route or not. I like the the texture it adds to the tank though.

Turns out one of my friends who works at a Toyota dealer has some extra from doing his truck bed and said he would paint my tank with it for free if I want.

I'm gonna think about it for a bit.

Troutman
06-07-2009, 12:48 AM
i used herculiner on the floors of my car and trunk area for added sound deadening and durabiltiy. this stuff isnt great for getting a uniform texture, it will add weight, and next time your in a tuck, let me know how great that texture feels

pOrk
06-07-2009, 12:55 AM
You can get it in a spray can, get the good stuff. LineX will probably charge 100+

letsrunem
06-07-2009, 03:09 AM
Not sure about the look, for sure don't like that BMW but that's probably because of the blue calipers. See if someone can photoshop your bike.

Exitspeed
06-07-2009, 05:50 PM
Yeah I decided not to go this route after a lotta feedback. lol.

I guess fuel isn't this stuffs best friend either.

Russ Jerome
06-07-2009, 06:13 PM
I did the engine bay of my drag car with 3M black premium undercoating, allowed to cure in 80* weather it is very solid and durable, not tacky and brake cleaner doesnt seam to effect it. Been on there for two years and bounced plenty of tools and turbos off it without cracking or popping. $5.99 a can.
http://sites.google.com/site/russjerome/_/rsrc/1226811796676/Home/137.jpg

This was done to mask the fact I totaly modified its wheelbase and track width by chopping 4" out of the spindle supports (illegal).

wrath
06-07-2009, 06:35 PM
Yeah I decided not to go this route after a lotta feedback. lol.

I guess fuel isn't this stuffs best friend either.

If you use something urethane-based (the shit that holds your windshield in) like Durabak (the people that make Herculiner) or one of the other DIY bedliners then it holds up to just about everything except sunlight. I painted my mud truck with UV-protected Durabak smooth and it still chalked up.