PDA

View Full Version : Out of the game..............

CATNHAT
06-05-2009, 02:15 PM
I have built my last condo! :chair:Will be standing in the unemplyment line on Monday.

Those Coronas are going to taste extra special tonight! At least until I pass out! :alcoholic

Red97GTP
06-05-2009, 03:32 PM
Sorry to hear that. I know the game, I've been unemployed since April 10th and my bro (84hurst) has been since February.

07ROUSHSTG3
06-05-2009, 03:41 PM
also sorry to hear. best of luck on finding something

TraceDaddy
06-05-2009, 03:48 PM
Best of luck to you in your search.

lordairgtar
06-05-2009, 04:07 PM
Yeah, where are all the jobs we were promised with this stimulus money? Huh Doyle? Huh Barack?

domokun
06-05-2009, 04:16 PM
maybe its just me, but Ive been seeing A LOT of hiring signs.

so the people that say they have been out of job since feb, april or whatever...you arnt pounding the ground hard enough..or have high standards in a crap job market....

lordairgtar
06-05-2009, 04:34 PM
High standards like a wage that allows you to live in a decent neighborhood and have things like health plan and at least a 401k? Yup, our standards are too high. I do have a job even though the hour are cut to almost half! I need this because of chronic illness and they have a health plan.

BOSS LX
06-05-2009, 05:04 PM
I have built my last condo! :chair:Will be standing in the unemplyment line on Monday.

Those Coronas are going to taste extra special tonight! At least until I pass out! :alcoholic

I hope things will get better soon!

TheRX7Project
06-05-2009, 05:27 PM
High standards like a wage that allows you to live in a decent neighborhood and have things like health plan and at least a 401k? Yup, our standards are too high. I do have a job even though the hour are cut to almost half! I need this because of chronic illness and they have a health plan.

When people equally or greater skilled are willing to do the same job for less, yes.

It sucks, we've all been there. I was laid off for 6 months. I went and got a job under my skill level, and now I'm making more money than I was before I was laid off. I'm working more hours though too.

Ricky Bobby
06-05-2009, 07:35 PM
maybe its just me, but Ive been seeing A LOT of hiring signs.

so the people that say they have been out of job since feb, april or whatever...you arnt pounding the ground hard enough..or have high standards in a crap job market....those job signs i see are for 8 dollar and hour jobs. I dont think he can live off 8/hr working even like 60hr a week

domokun
06-05-2009, 07:53 PM
Ive seen anywhere from 10-12 hr

if Im not mistaken, unemployment caps at 350..... which you get taxed on anyways

plus, I would personally feel like a ass taking unemployment and not taken any job that comes my way...

97z2801ss
06-05-2009, 07:57 PM
i was unemployed amost of the winter and then worked for half of feb march april and got laid off again wtf is that HD nonsence....

CATNHAT
06-05-2009, 08:38 PM
Taking a job is one thing, that would be easy to get a "job" But going from where I was at to $8/hr woud be the same as collecting unemployment and focusing my efforts on a new job, which is what unemployment is designed to do, IMO.

I have 2 opportunities lined up but do not know the description of the positions yet.

Who knows, may be good--I hope.

Keep your fingers crossed!

And too anyone else in the same boat--best of luck to you as well!

Back to drinking.......................................... ....

Reverend Cooper
06-05-2009, 08:55 PM
hope all turns out good for you

STANMAN
06-05-2009, 08:57 PM

It's much easier to just phone unemployment in nowadays buddy:rolf

I am sure you will be back on your feet soon, networking owns all when it comes to getting a new job, and I am sure you are well networked:thumbsup

Car Guy
06-05-2009, 09:24 PM
Online it takes less than 5 minutes.....:thumbsup