PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Remote start kit

d0nut
06-04-2009, 10:09 AM
Can anyone recommend a good brand of aftermarket remote starter kits? I want to install one on my wife's 300m (2000) and Mopar doesn't list one anymore.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

BoosTT
06-04-2009, 05:44 PM
I have an older two way paging cliffard brand alarm/remote start. It was used for about 6 months. Has backup battery, pain siron, tilt and two stage shock sensor, fm receiver and some more. The remote has a little backlit display that lets you know what sensor was triggered also has vibrate mode.

Was $600, make a cheep offer. I'm not looking for much.

d0nut
06-04-2009, 06:28 PM
Any chance of getting the model # for it so I can research it a bit?

Thanks!

I have an older two way paging cliffard brand alarm/remote start. It was used for about 6 months. Has backup battery, pain siron, tilt and two stage shock sensor, fm receiver and some more. The remote has a little backlit display that lets you know what sensor was triggered also has vibrate mode.

Was $600, make a cheep offer. I'm not looking for much.

Brian98GTP
06-04-2009, 07:04 PM
I've got one also..... It's an Autostart AS-1755v... NIB

$90 and it's yours.

lit666
06-04-2009, 08:54 PM
I have a couple. how much are you looking to spend? I have some with just the starter and some that do it all including alarm.

d0nut
06-05-2009, 10:12 AM
The car already has a security system on it so i mainly want the remote start.

I'm open pricewise.

My main concern is that the car has the big grey key with a chip in it. I have heard some remote start systems won't stay running because the key isn't in the ignition. I know that spending a few bucks will eliminate that mess.

I have a couple. how much are you looking to spend? I have some with just the starter and some that do it all including alarm.

BoosTT
06-05-2009, 02:50 PM
I'll try to find the model number.

Sometimes you can break off the blade of the key and just tape the part of the key with the chip under the dash to get remote start to work.

07ROUSHSTG3
06-05-2009, 03:14 PM
i had Truck Outfitters in West Bend install a remote start system in my buddies truck. the range on that thing is unreal. very nice system. i cannot remember the name of it though. was about $300, if i remember right.

BoosTT
06-05-2009, 05:43 PM
Mine is the clifford matrix rs3.

Alarmtronics by state fair has some good stuff for the money too.