PDA

View Full Version : Millennium Motors??

Z28Envy
06-04-2009, 03:52 AM
Anyone deal with them before? A friend's dad is looking at a truck they have and after doing a search they have some bad reviews. Just thought maybe some of you may have some info on them I could pass along.

Thanks!

Feature Pony
06-04-2009, 09:36 AM
I would stay away from corner dealers. Either go to a main chevy, dodge, or ford lot. Or buy direct from a private seller. When I did auto parts for a living we had a lot of corner dealers in our area that bought parts for cars and trucks that were totaled and the had no history on their titles of this happening. After always talking to the corner people I stay away from their junk.

JBs92Lude
06-04-2009, 09:55 AM
Stay away from them! Sure they have cheap prices but they have screwed over more than a few people including, my sister being one of them. Got a pos civic that was supposed to be in great condition. Let's just say after a few months we found this was not the case. I agree with Feature Pony totally.

03CVLX
06-04-2009, 10:16 AM
I went to Certifit to pick up a headlight for my Crown Vic. There must have been 2-3 small dealers in there buying fenders and hoods for various cars. I don't recall which ones they were but after seeing that, I will only buy from larger dealers/private sellers after having the car inspected.

Z28Envy
06-04-2009, 02:20 PM
Thanks for the replies. I will pass this info along to him.

Waver
06-04-2009, 02:46 PM
go to a name brand dealer, most corner lots are no better than JD Bought Wrong

lordairgtar
06-04-2009, 04:01 PM
I used to work at a corner car sales lot. Pretty much all those cars are or were on their last legs. We tried to be as honest (us anyway) as we could be, disclosing mechanical issues and such. Once in a while you would get a decent car in, maybe not pretty, but mechanically sound. Sometimes it's all some folks can afford. A lot of my own cars were like that until I was able to buy new two years ago. If someone needs a car and they are just getting on their feet and they only have a grand in their pocket, well, those corner lots serve a purpose.