PDA

View Full Version : Bunkhouse reatreat trip ? Ideas on dates ?

DynoTom
06-03-2009, 07:17 PM
If you guys wanna try and set up a date for a Bunkhouse Retreat lets talk ?

Lets do this soon !

If any guys wanna ride up with us I have extra room in my truck for 4 guys and their ATV's ...I'm in Stallis......the last trip was on a Saturday we took went pretty good, we left at 9 am. got to Bunkhouse at noon , rode until 5 pm and got home at 8 pm.

Any interest ?

4I Notch
06-03-2009, 09:55 PM
You already know I'm in! :headbang

DynoTom
06-04-2009, 12:03 AM
You already know I'm in! :headbang

I knew u were in I just wanted to run it by the other guys here to see if they were in ?

You know we gotta ton of room extra in my Excursion and on the trailer when it's just you and I going up.....I know BOSS wants in too.....:shades

badass88gt
06-04-2009, 07:05 AM
Whats it like for casual riding? My girlfriend isnt real experienced with riding, she's not aggressive at all. She does like trail riding and toying around on rocks, climbing, etc. Is the bunkhouse more a place for mudders and/or aggressive nutjobs like myself?

When are you planning on going?

07ROUSHSTG3
06-04-2009, 07:31 AM
did you guys trail ride, or just stick around the bunkouse and play??

Ricky Bobby
06-04-2009, 06:03 PM
let me know the date and im pretty sure i can be in and then i would have probably 2 more guys go along i have the renegade 800, friends have a raptor and a grizzly

DynoTom
06-04-2009, 11:56 PM
Whats it like for casual riding? My girlfriend isnt real experienced with riding, she's not aggressive at all. She does like trail riding and toying around on rocks, climbing, etc. Is the bunkhouse more a place for mudders and/or aggressive nutjobs like myself?

When are you planning on going?

The BUNKHOUSE has everything ANY ATV rider would want.....The main " playground " is about 10 acres and has large areas to drag race, small to medium jumps, LARGE 25 + foot tall steep hills to climb , multiple mud pits and at one time you can see a lot of different riders doing what they like back there....

They also have a access trail that leads into the state trail system , the part Bunkhouse owns is prolly about a mile or so and that part is more filled with burm turns and a slighty more " higher skill " level ride than the state trails have.

The state trails up there are pretty wide ( about 3 quads wide at most points ) and are full of really neat areas a long the trails like small acre size and up sand dunes and shallow water crossings...4I Notch Jess and I only went about 4 miles into the state trails before we turned back but, in those 4 miles we had a sheetload of fun !

Long azz straight sections that were over a mile long were you can open up a ATV prettty easy , the nice part was that since they were so straight you could see other ATV's coming up from a long way away and you had plenty of time to slow it down , we did not see any DNR guys out on the trails but , we ALWAYS slow it way down when we see ANY ATV's ahead of us DNR guy of not .

Our next trip up I'm bringing my GPS , tow strap , 2 way radios just in case . Jess and I really want to take the state trails farther in but, we really don't know the trails good and we dont want to get lost out there since there are some areas we seen that have multiple ways to turn .

I have a TON of vacation left and so does BossLX so we will be doing some trips during the weekdays but, I'm sure that Saturday trips prolly work best for most guys that want to go ?

Last Saturday at Bunkhouse was perfect weather ! The 10 acre playground was all ours most of the day until about 4 pm when it started to get busy , the state trails are so big that even with a ton of riders out there you really don't feel crowded ever....

For now it looks like BOSS and I are doing a trip sometime this coming week during the week and as soon as Jess graduates I'm going to hit up some trips with him.....

If any of you guys are considering a Saturday trip let me know, Jess and I can just about always do those , we have a pretty nice set up , I have a 16 gallon portable 12 volt water shower that works very good for washing up faces and googles and a ATV specific toolbox ......

I'm 100% certain that any ATV rider will find fun at the Bunkhouse and State trails up there but, I have to say we rode so hard that after 4 hours or so I was TOTALLY beat up , there was no way I could ride more, I really did not fully recover until yesterday ! In closing BUNKHOUSE Kicks azz !

badass88gt
06-05-2009, 03:29 AM
You guys thinking of next weekend, June 13?

07ROUSHSTG3
06-05-2009, 07:18 AM
i would maybe be up for it if there would be someone who would want to hang around the bunkhouse and just drink beer and play in the mud.

Sprayaway Fox
06-05-2009, 02:12 PM
i would maybe be up for it if there would be someone who would want to hang around the bunkhouse and just drink beer and play in the mud.

I was thinking of going next weekend. LMK Eric if this is possible. Was thinking of tenting Friday and Saturday be home Sunday.

07ROUSHSTG3
06-05-2009, 02:44 PM
I was thinking of going next weekend. LMK Eric if this is possible. Was thinking of tenting Friday and Saturday be home Sunday.

walleye weekend or the bunkhouse????

will have to think about it. i certainly don't want to tent it though. after getting all muddy and soaked, i do not want to climb into a tent. i will call and see if there are any cabins available.

DynoTom
06-06-2009, 02:33 AM
You guys thinking of next weekend, June 13?

Normally we would say yes but, that day Jesse graduates high school......then on the next weekend after ( 20th of June ) he is having his grad party so we would have to bow out of those two weekends.....

Once school is out for Jess I know we can hit up bunkhouse more often , I know BOSS LX has a sheet ton of vacation left too....

Quick96ss
06-06-2009, 05:10 PM
Iam in let me know when i can get a couple more to come with too!

stenchmiester
06-13-2009, 09:28 AM
I am down for whenever yall go only problem is I do not have vehicle so id have to ride along with someone and would of course pitch in for fuel

DynoTom
06-14-2009, 01:52 AM
I am down for whenever yall go only problem is I do not have vehicle so id have to ride along with someone and would of course pitch in for fuel

As long as you dont mind our timeframe for our trips up there you can ride up with us ?

We leave about 9 am get there at noon , ride until about 5 pm or so and are back home by 8 pm......I know after 5 hours of riding at the bunkhouse and state trails I WANT to go home as I have so many aches and pains that more riding is not possible.....I thought maybe it was just me being 41 years old that caused that but, when I asked 4I Notch Jess how bad his body was messed up after the 5 hours of riding and he felt the same way I did I KNEW I had nothing to be ashamed of since I'm 23 years older than Jess is !:banana1:

DynoTom
06-14-2009, 01:58 AM
Iam in let me know when i can get a couple more to come with too!

I will post the dates when we are going to see if you guys can make it......I will give as much notice as i can......

stenchmiester
06-14-2009, 07:11 AM
I feel ya I get sore and tired after just a few hours also and im only 23 so im definatly in when you guys get a date set

Quick96ss
06-14-2009, 12:13 PM
I will post the dates when we are going to see if you guys can make it......I will give as much notice as i can......

Sounds great just let me know!