PDA

View Full Version : Kimbo Slice Confirmed

supra213
06-02-2009, 05:12 PM
It has been confirmed by Dana White that Kimbo Slice will indeed be a contestant on the next installment of The Ultimate Fighter.

Anyone still interested in seeing Kimbo fight? I plan on watching, just to see him get destroyed again.

http://sports.espn.go.com/extra/mma/news/story?id=4223959

T-Bag
06-02-2009, 05:50 PM
Hmm, should bring in ratings for TUF at least.

Lash
06-02-2009, 09:08 PM
That'll be interesting, especially if Rampage is his coach.

94greenbandit
06-02-2009, 10:40 PM
Lets do this, get your ass handed to you Kimbo

Exitspeed
06-03-2009, 09:49 AM
This is great news if you aren't a Kimbo fan. How funny would it be if he didn't even make it into the house? lol.

ThatWhiteCivic
06-03-2009, 10:47 AM
hahahaha this will be good. He'll probably advance pretty far but I don't see him winning it.

94greenbandit
06-03-2009, 02:58 PM
Get him against a good grapler and he will be screwed. Maybe they will bring Seth Petruzelli back to fight him to get into the house :D

Graystone
06-03-2009, 09:40 PM
We were just talking about this today at work. Kimbo is such a weak fighter with no ground game or stamina.

BigSnailBuick
06-22-2009, 11:18 PM
You guys can talk all the shit you want about kimbo....first he would pound the shit out of 99% of the people that talk bad about him and second give the guy a break...all he does is act like a gentleman before and after all of his fights. Sure alot of people can beat him but hes not just some hack. If anyone was in his shoes you wouldnt just be like uhhhh I know alot of guys can beat me so lets just go work a 9-5. If he was cocky id talk him down but he has impressed me in multiple interviews.

pnad
06-23-2009, 02:12 PM
I just PRAY for some Junie Browning type shenanigans in the house that ends with Kimbo throwing someone off the balcony.

Lash
06-23-2009, 04:23 PM
all he does is act like a gentleman before and after all of his fights.

I think I remember seeing him act like a "gentleman" after some of his street fights. :punch:

BigSnailBuick
06-24-2009, 10:31 PM
I think I remember seeing him act like a "gentleman" after some of his street fights. :punch:

There is a difference :chair: When your in a McDonalds after you eat laying ass isnt a problem. When your at the 5 o'clock club eating a steak your not going to just drop ass in your seat. Best way I can make my point and if you cant see that side then :punch:

Lash
06-25-2009, 03:46 PM
There is a difference :chair: When your in a McDonalds after you eat laying ass isnt a problem. When your at the 5 o'clock club eating a steak your not going to just drop ass in your seat.

Not really....but whatever.

VroomPshhTsi
06-26-2009, 02:10 PM
I just PRAY for some Junie Browning type shenanigans in the house that ends with Kimbo throwing someone off the balcony.

LOL yes!!! The drama in the house with everyone sitting around drunk with nothing else to do is going to be just as entertaining as his fights.

pnad
07-13-2009, 12:48 PM
This looks AWESOME! I can not wait for September.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJpZSMftjXY&feature=player_embedded

MoCkiN U
07-13-2009, 12:55 PM
could not have chosen a better track for that promo. WOW thats going to be awesome!! think the coaching choices the last few seasons have been excellent.

P.S. what ever happened to the shit rampage caused in cali with running from the popo and his hit & run? Didnt hear resolution on that one. Did it get swept under a rug?

Exitspeed
07-13-2009, 12:56 PM
HOLY FUCKIN HYPEBEAST! Can't wait!

That_Guy
07-13-2009, 02:09 PM

true... :rolf i would pay if that was part of a paper-view event

Exitspeed
07-14-2009, 04:41 PM
Does anyone know who the 4 Ex-NFL players are that are on TUF 2010?

EDIT: I googled that.

Here's the scoop.

* Marcus Jones, the 1996 first-round draft pick of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, enters “TUF” with a 4-1 professional MMA record, which includes four first-round victories via stoppage (with an average time of just 91 seconds per win). Three of the wins came via TKO and one via submission.
* The 35-year-old played football at the University of North Carolina, where he was a four-time Letterman, an All-American and the 1995 ACC Defensive Player of the Year. The 6′6″ defensive tackle played six NFL seasons with the Bucs. In his best season, 2000, he ranked eighth in the league with 13 sacks. He spent two additional seasons with the Buffalo Bills (but didn’t play in the regular season) before giving up the sport. Soon after, he joined instructor Rob Kahn at Gracie Tampa and eventually made his professional MMA debut in 2007.
* Matt Mitrione, who had a nine-game stint with the New York Giants in 2002, will be one of the season’s least-experienced fighters (on paper, anyway). He has no professional fights, according to the major fighter databases, though he reportedly has fought as an amateur.The 30-year-old Illinois native was an All-Big Ten defensive tackle for Purdue University. He went un-drafted after his senior year in 2000 but still earned his way into the NFL as a free agent. In addition to the Giants, the 6′4″ Mitrione spent some time with the Minnesota Vikings (though he didn’t appear in any regular-season games for the team) before leaving the NFL in 2006.

* Brendan Schaub, a 6′4″ fullback for the University of Colorado who spent some time with (but didn’t play for) the Buffalo Bills, is 4-0 as a professional MMA fighter. He’s often compared to his longtime training partner, undefeated UFC heavyweight Shane Carwin. Like Carwin, Schaub has made quick work of his opponents since turning pro in 2008. In four professional fights, he has four first-round TKOs, and the average length of each fight is just 59 seconds.The 26-year-old Colorado native played for the Arena Football League’s Utah Blaze before focusing solely on MMA. Schaub, the son of a second-degree Tae Kwon Do black belt, is a Golden Gloves boxing champion and the 2008 Colorado Open Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Absolute Advanced Grand Champion. He currently trains with Greg Jackson’s renowned Team Jackson camp in Albuquerque, New Mexico and T’s KO Fight Club in Colorado.

* Wes Shivers, who had a short NFL stint with the Atlanta Falcons in 2000, is 0-1 as a professional and 4-0 as an amateur, according to MMA.tv’s fighter database. (However, his record is listed as 6-0 in some places). The muscular 6′7″ fighter is well versed in grappling and Muay Thai and previously competed as a super heavyweight before a lack of available opponents prompted a move down to heavyweight.

VroomPshhTsi
07-14-2009, 04:57 PM
This looks AWESOME! I can not wait for September.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJpZSMftjXY&feature=player_embedded

Can't wait!!! Got my calendar marked already...

94greenbandit
07-14-2009, 05:29 PM
This will definitely be a tall group

shawn
07-14-2009, 11:20 PM
idc wat anyone says about kimbo....i wouldnt go barking up that tree. that mans a beast. i love how in the trailer it says and i quote "here to fuck everyone up" just cant wait for this...

Car Guy
07-15-2009, 07:20 PM
that mans a beast

A beast yes, but a skilled beast remains to be seen......;)

T-Bag
07-16-2009, 12:38 PM
Kimbo got ko'd his first fight and stormed off the set according to a twitter of someone in the house a few weeks back...could just be a work though

Exitspeed
07-16-2009, 01:22 PM
Kimbo got ko'd his first fight and stormed off the set according to a twitter of someone in the house a few weeks back...could just be a work though

Wait, clarify...His first fight to get IN to the house or his first fight after he ws IN the house?

T-Bag
07-17-2009, 09:43 AM
There are no fights to get into the house, they are all in the house to start

MoCkiN U
07-17-2009, 09:58 AM
There are no fights to get into the house, they are all in the house to start

Did they change it? You have watched the last two seasons right? They pick teams, fight to get in the house and then drama ensues waiting on each next fight

Josepy
07-17-2009, 10:02 AM
Did they change it? You have watched the last two seasons right? They pick teams, fight to get in the house and then drama ensues waiting on each next fight

Yeah I liked the last 2 seasons where they had to fight to get into the house. I hope it continues to be like that.

T-Bag
07-17-2009, 12:06 PM
From what I hear, they did infact change it. Like I said though, who knows if this is a work.

pnad
07-17-2009, 04:21 PM
In order for the 'fight to get into the house' option to work you need to have 32 fighters (16 make it into the house). I don't think they could find 32 heavyweights for this season.

Exitspeed
07-17-2009, 04:35 PM
Ah, ok that makes sense.

That kinda sucks because I thought Dana's intention to embarrass Kimbo was for him to not even be able to make it into the house.

Either way I can't wait.

94greenbandit
07-17-2009, 06:49 PM
I don't think Dana has any intention to purposely embarass Kimbo, but if it happens then it happens. Would be funny to see him get submitted though