PDA

View Full Version : Downtown dining week. $10 lunch, $20 dinner.

WhatsADSM
05-29-2009, 10:11 AM
This may be old news to some, however I didn't know about it and my wife just mentioned it to me yesterday so we went out for a nice dinner.

All week (Thursday 5/28 through Wednesday 6/3) is "Downtown Dining Week" in Milwaukee. There are a group of restaurants in downtown that are all participating.

Basic premise is for dinner all of the restaurants participating must offer an appetizer, main course, and dessert for $20. For some of the places like the Milwaukee Ale House, this isn't a big deal at all since you can normally get that meal for around $22 anyways. However there are some other really nice places on the list where a $20 dinner is a steal. For example the Milwaukee Chop House, where it is normally like $45 a plate.

Last night the wife and I decided to try out "Capone's Grotto"... A little Italian place on Old World 3rd. The food was actually really good italian home-cooked style, and there was so much we walked out with like 3 boxes :wow. I definately would recommend giving it a shot.

In any case here is a link with all the restaurants, which also includes the $20 dinner meal options, and the $10 lunch options:

http://www.milwaukeedowntown.com/categories/12-diningweek

juicedimpss
05-29-2009, 10:45 AM
looks like some nice places

LIL EVO
05-29-2009, 04:21 PM
Just had lunch at Mason St. Grill.

Can't beat $20 for two people. Appetizer, Entree, Dessert.

Real high end, good food!

Planning on hitting Riptide for the dinner special on Monday.

Voodoo Chick
05-29-2009, 06:24 PM
That actually sounds worth checking out. Thanks for the info!! :)

CATNHAT
05-30-2009, 07:25 AM
I know one of the owners of "Capones Shithole" and I would not and never will eat there! Dude is a complete slob and the kitchen should be shut down just b/c he is in the building. He knows absolutely NOTHING about the restaurant business.

I would stay away from there unless you want some disease.