PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Finding a Reception hall for our wedding

Mssplayboybunie
05-27-2009, 12:35 PM
Would someone be able to recommend a Reception hall or a nice place for a reception, I had planned on getting married and having the Reception at the Polish Center but it turns out there booked solid all through the end of next year!! If i knew that I would of booked this last year, anyways I don't want the Reception including food to be over $6,500 the max amount of people would be maybe pusing 150 so that is why I feel 6,500 is doable.

Thanks in advance As I need this booked ASAP!

~Jess

DirtyMax
05-27-2009, 12:40 PM
St. Francis Community Center (Down by Howard and Packard)

Klemmer's Banquet Center (104th and Oklahoma)

Oak Creek Community Center (Howell and Puetz)

The Patio (Howard and Clement)

Wil-O-Way Grant (pavillion right on the outside of Grant Park off Lake Drive and College Ave.)<--- We had our reception here and it was very reasonable if you don't mind having a friend/relative do the setup/cleanup of tables annd chairs. It also afford you the ability to do whatever you want with regards to food/beverage.. no catering contracts. We went this route and since we didn't mind doing the leg work ourselves (renting table linens, etc.) and/or getting help, we saved a ton of money and still had a really nice wedding.

These should be a few to get you started.

Deggy
05-27-2009, 01:21 PM
Would you want to have the reception in Waukesha by any chance? I can probably get you a deal on the banquet hall that we have.

Mssplayboybunie
05-27-2009, 01:38 PM
Im pretty open to anything at this point..I just got done calling several places and seems like JULY of next year is Booked for a lot of places already..If you could give me or Pm me the number I'd appreciate it!!
Thanks a lot

~Jess

stealthy1ss
05-27-2009, 01:44 PM
Evergreen Golf Club on the north side of Elkhorn. It is probably farther away then you would like it to be though.

WhatsADSM
05-27-2009, 01:49 PM
We had a great rehearsal dinner at Joey Buona's downtown. Great location, great atmosphere, good food (and lots of it!), and a fair amount of space. I would definately recommend it.

Also it was a good deal, however we had our dinner on a Thursday and I'm not sure how expensive they are on the more "prime time" saturday/sunday wedding days. Either way it is worth a shot to see.

Todd Z
05-27-2009, 01:52 PM
Jessica,

Look in the front of the Premier Bride book I gave you. It has most locations in south eastern WI. including pricing, meals available, seating capacity, etc.

Todd

Deggy
05-27-2009, 02:00 PM
PM sent

Exitspeed
05-27-2009, 02:40 PM
Shoot I'd recommend The Grain Exchange but I guess that's over $5k for just the hall now.

You could have it there and then have pb&j for the main course. lol

TraceDaddy
05-27-2009, 02:50 PM
Roma Lodge in Racine isn't too far from you. I used to be GM there years ago. We used to be booked quite a ways out too though. They're worth a call.

http://www.romalodge.com/

Voodoo Chick
05-27-2009, 04:01 PM
My friend had her wedding reception at The Bavarian Inn, it wasn't terribly expensive, and it was very, very nice.

michelle
05-27-2009, 04:06 PM
We just attended a wedding and reception at the Italian Conference Center.

http://www.italianconference.com/

It was beautiful inside, the food was very good, and I loved the option of going outside in their courtyard. Not sure on their prices and where your wedding is located though, but might be worth checking out. It's right next to the Summerfest grounds, just to give you an idea on location.

TraceDaddy
05-27-2009, 05:57 PM
We just attended a wedding and reception at the Italian Conference Center.

http://www.italianconference.com/

It was beautiful inside, the food was very good, and I loved the option of going outside in their courtyard. Not sure on their prices and where your wedding is located though, but might be worth checking out. It's right next to the Summerfest grounds, just to give you an idea on location.

We have our Xmas Party there every year. The food IS great. And the faciliyt is very nice as well.

dsireme
05-27-2009, 06:30 PM
Serb Hall is pretty nice and is or at least was reasonable.

http://www.serbhall.com/s1/

0TransAm0
05-27-2009, 07:29 PM
oak creek community center.. nice hall and depending on who you book for food will depend on the cost.

cheap80Z28
05-28-2009, 12:32 AM
serb hall for my rehersal dinner 5 yrs ago. very good