PDA

View Full Version : My crappy day got better!

TraceDaddy
05-26-2009, 08:13 PM
Just a long day where I ended up taking 1 step forward and 2 steps back. Then came out to see a seagull shat all over my newly cleansed car. Hood, windshield, driver's fender and door, roof. (Where is the guy who likes to kill stuff when you need him.)

Then some dumbass with a cell phone almost took me out on the on-ramp, people weaving in and out of traffic like they were NASCAR rejects, and 3 blue-hairs in a row couldn't make up their mind how to maneuver the round-about on Moreland road.

But then...I come home to the latest edition of Car and Driver. There, on page 56, begins the comparison story on the new Challenger, Camaro and Mustang.

The winner? The Challenger amassed a total of 190 points, the Camaro 193 and the Mustang.....

209!

All is right in the world.

Let the bashing begin.

:)

BigBadGTA
05-26-2009, 08:21 PM
I just don't like that ass end on the new Mustangs. I LOVE 05-09, but that 2010 is just blah. I would still take a black challenger over a 2010 stang.

Gregor
05-26-2009, 08:24 PM
I love the new Mustang but IDK if I put alot of faith in Car & Driver opinion. The Challenger is a pig and needs to go on a diet, and the Camaro in V6 form has as much HP as a stock Mustang GT. Again Ford loses the HP war. Maybe the the Camaro interior with cause deafing creeks and rattles like the old ones. The Mustang GT should have a 5.4 option. (other than the Shelby)

Reverend Cooper
05-26-2009, 08:28 PM
Pretty much the best car evar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Karps TA
05-26-2009, 08:28 PM
I was looking at the '10 Mustang this weekend, and really like it. I'd still take a Challenger first, but the Mustang would be a very close second. Can't wait to see what the tuners do with the new Stang.

Reverend Cooper
05-26-2009, 08:30 PM
gott a be honest i cant stand the rear end on the new mustang

STANMAN
05-26-2009, 08:33 PM
I can't wait until the Mustang gets the new "Coyote" 5.0.(no real numbers yet, rumor is 400HP N/A) They are in testing now, having some problems with their extreme cold tests, but we are working with them on it, nothing that will delay production. Their extreme cold weather testing makes me laugh. Pump the coolant system to -20, turn the key and put it to redline until it warms up, over and over until something breaks. :wow

I know that's how I warm up my car in winter:goof

TraceDaddy
05-26-2009, 08:37 PM
gott a be honest i cant stand the rear end on the new mustang

I like the front end and the rear fenders, but not so much the rear bumper. That said, I didn't care for the black Camaro I saw on the road from several angles. The yellow one I saw was pretty sharp. The Challenger is great to look at but it really is a pig.

The Camaro tested was the SS so it had 426 HP but it still only beat the Mustang to 60 by a 1/10. (Though it did beat it in the quarter.) No numbers for the Camaro 6. I'm pretty sure it isn't faster than the SS though.

Plum Crazy
05-26-2009, 08:42 PM
i had one of those days, i left the warehouse in the beer truck, some lady runs a red light(too busy on her Cell Phone) i came within inches of killing her(if you could fit 4 baseball cards between my truck and her door, id be supprised) so after locking up the brakes, all the beer in the truck shifted, i ended up with about 40 broken cases scattered in the truck.

SSLEVO
05-26-2009, 09:38 PM
i had one of those days, i left the warehouse in the beer truck, some lady runs a red light(too busy on her Cell Phone) i came within inches of killing her(if you could fit 4 baseball cards between my truck and her door, id be supprised) so after locking up the brakes, all the beer in the truck shifted, i ended up with about 40 broken cases scattered in the truck.

So does insurance pay for the beer then? I would run that bisatch down and make her pay for all of it. Might be hard to do in a beer truck though, lol.

Plum Crazy
05-26-2009, 09:40 PM
So does insurance pay for the beer then? I would run that bisatch down and make her pay for all of it. Might be hard to do in a beer truck though, lol.

We repackage the non broken containers in new packaging and resell it at a lower rate, broken cases happen, im not sure who incures the loss, i think its built into the price of the beer we sell.

BOSS LX
05-26-2009, 10:03 PM
I love the 2005-2009 Mustangs, but the 2010 is growing on me!

Deggy
05-26-2009, 10:06 PM
Saw a new 2010 Mustang today, I love the front end!

TheRX7Project
05-26-2009, 10:11 PM
I would take a Challenger SRT8 > *

DirtyMax
05-26-2009, 10:18 PM
Saw a new 2010 Mustang today, I love the front end!

x2

The rear end will grow on me but I think the front end is really mean looking!!

Coops Brother
05-26-2009, 10:29 PM
The black SRT8, is just HOT looking. Something about big car, big HEMI engine, gets my blood pumping.

Reverend Cooper
05-26-2009, 10:42 PM
i would have to say 2009 rt in orange and black

URLOZIN
05-27-2009, 03:36 AM
The camaro won in Motor Trend. I mean seriously, the 2010 gt's have 315hp, only 11 more than the v6 camaro.......

88Nightmare
05-27-2009, 04:22 AM
http://www.cars.com/features/autoshows/2007/losangeles/coverage/images/Concept_Ford_mustang_frntangle_tor_430.jpg

http://www.nelsonguirado.com/media/blogs/comiendo/camaro.jpg

If it wasn't for the mustangs enormous (whats with ford and HUGE badges lately, i.e. volleyball sized ford logo on the back of new rangers) pony on the front grille of the new mustang, at a quick glance, the average consumer (non car-fanatic) could easily confuse the two front ends.

Karps TA
05-27-2009, 07:28 AM
Funny you say that, I saw a black one coming towards me the other day and for the first second I thought it was a new Camaro. As it got closer I realized it was a new Mustang, but they are very similar.

TraceDaddy
05-27-2009, 08:26 AM
You think the Pony is bigger than the bowtie on the Camaro?

And Motor Trend did call it a "Photo Finish".

I suppose if we throw the SRT8 in there then the GT500 would be a more fair comparison. The SS is already Camaro's top dog no?

07ROUSHSTG3
05-27-2009, 08:38 AM
You think the Pony is bigger than the bowtie on the Camaro?

And Motor Trend did call it a "Photo Finish".

I suppose if we throw the SRT8 in there then the GT500 would be a more fair comparison. The SS is already Camaro's top dog no?

and it starts :shades

sucks to hear about your day. the 2010 mustang rear end is a bit goofy looking. the interior makes up for that. funny thing is, i love the rear end on the shelby, but not the gt!??! it will grow on me i suppose.

TraceDaddy
05-27-2009, 08:53 AM
and it starts :shades

What fun would life be without a little friendly debate. :D

BOSS LX
05-27-2009, 03:37 PM
http://www.cars.com/features/autoshows/2007/losangeles/coverage/images/Concept_Ford_mustang_frntangle_tor_430.jpg

If it wasn't for the mustangs enormous (whats with ford and HUGE badges lately, i.e. volleyball sized ford logo on the back of new rangers) pony on the front grille of the new mustang, at a quick glance, the average consumer (non car-fanatic) could easily confuse the two front ends.

That mustang pictured was a prototype.

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/9866/2010mustang1.jpg (http://img20.imageshack.us/my.php?image=2010mustang1.jpg)

buttersgt350
05-28-2009, 03:28 PM
the rear lights when you use the turn signal on the mustang are cool.

TraceDaddy
05-28-2009, 03:37 PM
That was going to be one of my next mods though. It kind of lessens it for me if they come that way stock.

(Though I guess it didn't stop me from adding a strut tower brace.)

BAD LS1
05-28-2009, 03:41 PM

ha no ownder why i think the new mustang is not bad looking. Of course the purist think its hideous, same goes the Camaro too i suppose.

Waver
05-28-2009, 03:48 PM
over all all three cars are good in their own right. Even though I hate the rear end of the Mustang, I would still take it over the camaro. The new 5.0 engine, from what I hae been hearing from fords dealer website, is that hp should be at about 410 or more......cant wait for that to come out

BAD LS1
05-28-2009, 04:24 PM
over all all three cars are good in their own right. Even though I hate the rear end of the Mustang, I would still take it over the camaro. The new 5.0 engine, from what I hae been hearing from fords dealer website, is that hp should be at about 410 or more......cant wait for that to come out

Does it have pushrods?

Waver
05-28-2009, 04:33 PM
Does it have pushrods?

From the little bit of info that they have given out, I would say no....

STANMAN
05-28-2009, 04:38 PM
Does it have pushrods?

No.

88Nightmare
05-28-2009, 04:39 PM

still less then the LS3 manual camaro :thumbsup

once again, Ford just doesn't bring enough to the table in terms of HP :loser

Waver
05-28-2009, 05:25 PM
Ford has always had less than chevy, however then again, fords weigh less, so it off sets it.