PDA

View Full Version : Aghhh more rust (rant warning)

Gregor
05-26-2009, 08:10 PM
As I was cleaning out my garage tonight, which is no small task. I installed my rear wheels on my Mustang and pushed it out the garage. When I noticed a small pile of rust that my car left on the floor. Most of the time its something like oil but never rust. After cleaning out the dump of a garage that I have I pushed the car back and started to investigate on when it came from. It seems with all the hammering and such with replacing the floors I loosened up a large amount of rust on my rear frame rails. I knew that the car had "soft rails" and figured that I could replace them next year. And just worry about getting it running.

If I left the rails in the state they were in I am sure that the rear rails would never make it out the driveway. This really sucks. So much for sending the Mustang to Clocks Off Racing for subframe connectors. But thats just not going to happen. Sorry Ron.

I should have just bought another Fox Mustang and went racing...... It would have been so much cheaper in the end. I swear I will never buy another Mustang from the rust belt again.