PDA

View Full Version : Feeler ad. Free to a good home - 2 purebred, with papers, labradors

07ROUSHSTG3
05-26-2009, 10:29 AM
Decided over the weekend that I do not have the time for my dogs anymore :(. I hate to get rid of them, but stuck in a kennel is no way for a dog to live its life. I haven't been doing much hunting the last few years, and I anticipate doing less the next few. I know it is a long stretch, but i figured I would give it a shot here.

One female, one male, brother and sister. They are aprox 4 years old. I will get the exact date of birth and pics tonight. Like I said in the title, they are registered. All of their shots are up do date and they are healthy. The female, who's name is "Shelby" is black. she is the smaller of the two. She is not fixed because I had plans of breeding her. I did botch on the "dewclaws". She got too old to have it done on me, so she does have them. The male, who goes by "Rusty", is a large bodied Chocolate. He is fixed and his dewclaws are removed. I have owned then since they were 6 weeks old. They both hunt. Together they make a hell of a pheasant team. Very rarely did i not get shots at birds with these 2. The female is very good at open water retrieving, and being smaller, she works great in a blind. They are good with my daugher and are very friendly. They are used to hunting with other dogs and have no problem being around other dogs. They are outside dogs that do not bark unless they have a reason. I have them on invisible fencing and they understand it.

If someone does take the two of them together, I will throw in 7 brand new 6' x 5' kennel panels, 2 of them being gates. I had planned on doing a 10'x15' kennel for them this summer. I will also cover the costs to have the female fixed if someone wanted. I know it is a long shot, but I have to get rid of at least one of them. I could find the time for one, but two of them is just too much for me now. The female would be the one that I would get rid of. She is the better hunter of the two, smaller and leaner, and with not being fixed, she has the potential for a good litter of pups. She would make a great dog for someon. The male is a great dog too, but he is a large bodied dog, and since he doesn't get out much, he has put on a few pounds. Will be sad to see either of them go, but I feel bad for them.

sloLs1
05-26-2009, 10:38 AM
im sure with pictures someones gonna go "AWWWWWWWW" and scoop them up! i hope everything works out!

Feature Pony
05-26-2009, 11:55 AM
Let me ask my wife. I have a 5 year old yellow lab now and we were maybe talking of getting another dog. How would he be in a house as a house dog? Thanks

Irish
05-26-2009, 12:07 PM
Here is the number to a place called Learn, Labrador, education and rescue network. 1-847-289-PETS

Or

http://www.labadoption.org

07ROUSHSTG3
05-26-2009, 12:09 PM
Let me ask my wife. I have a 5 year old yellow lab now and we were maybe talking of getting another dog. How would he be in a house as a house dog? Thanks

the female would make a better house dog because of her size and temperment. the male is a big boy who gets excited. when they were in the house, which wasn't a lot, they did good, just took up a lot of room. the male needed to sleep on my bed and he snored occasionally. the female would sleep wherever. i never had either of them piss or shit in the house, but i never did any training with them either. in all honesty i would think that they would work better as "outside" dogs.

07ROUSHSTG3
05-26-2009, 12:10 PM
Here is the number to a place called Learn, Labrador, education and rescue network. 1-847-289-PETS

Or

http://www.labadoption.org

thanks. I was just talking to someone here at work that used LEARN.

1siksrt
05-26-2009, 12:13 PM
ugh, if i had my own place i would be all over this.. I love dogs

Feature Pony
05-26-2009, 12:49 PM
the female would make a better house dog because of her size and temperment. the male is a big boy who gets excited. when they were in the house, which wasn't a lot, they did good, just took up a lot of room. the male needed to sleep on my bed and he snored occasionally. the female would sleep wherever. i never had either of them piss or shit in the house, but i never did any training with them either. in all honesty i would think that they would work better as "outside" dogs.

I would be game for the male. We have a male right now, he basically does the same thing, takes up room and wants the whole bed to himself. If you want to just get rid of Rusty let me know I will take him.:thumbsup

07ROUSHSTG3
05-26-2009, 01:11 PM
I would be game for the male. We have a male right now, he basically does the same thing, takes up room and wants the whole bed to himself. If you want to just get rid of Rusty let me know I will take him.:thumbsup

cool! i will snap some pics tonight and get the paperwork out to check on his birthdate.

also: if you are going to have him in the house with another dog I will have him groomed. i will have him retested for heartworm again too just to be sure. his last heartworm test was about 2 years ago, so he is due. will set up an appointment at the vet and the groomer for both dogs to get cleaned up and tested for heartworm.

Feature Pony
05-26-2009, 04:33 PM
cool, that will work. Thanks

07ROUSHSTG3
05-26-2009, 07:16 PM
well as promised here are some quick pics. I screwed up on their birthdays. They were born on August 15th of 2003, so that would make them almost 6. For some reason I could have swore that they were born in the summer of 04?!?! here are the pics. feature pony, let me know if you are still interested after seeing the pics and finding out about the correct age. As I stated earlier. Before anyone takes one, I will take them to the vet for a checkup, get all their shot paperwork, and have them groomed. I have the AKC paperwork and will also pay for the transfer of that info to the new owners. The kennel panels and covering the cost of spaying the female still stands as well.

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t246/07ROUSHSTG3/IMG_4683.jpg
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t246/07ROUSHSTG3/IMG_4685.jpg
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t246/07ROUSHSTG3/IMG_4691.jpg
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t246/07ROUSHSTG3/IMG_4688.jpg

88Nightmare
05-26-2009, 07:21 PM
number to call?

07ROUSHSTG3
05-26-2009, 07:22 PM
number to call?

oh yeah. i will PM anyone interested.

pm sent.

michelle
05-26-2009, 07:40 PM
Awww super cute!

1siksrt
05-26-2009, 10:03 PM
pm number interested

hrsp
05-27-2009, 02:53 AM
i thinks its awesome that you are doing so much, to make taking one or both dogs easier for someone...very commendable!

07ROUSHSTG3
05-27-2009, 07:35 AM
i thinks its awesome that you are doing so much, to make taking one or both dogs easier for someone...very commendable!

want to make is as painless as possible. was a bit rough taking the pics last night, knowing what they were for. i will really miss both of them, but it is for the best.

Sounds like I have a couple people interested in the male (Rusty). Will keep everyone posted. :thumbsup

Feature Pony
05-27-2009, 08:58 AM
PM sent

07ROUSHSTG3
05-27-2009, 09:05 AM
PM sent

PM replied

07ROUSHSTG3
05-27-2009, 05:36 PM
As of right now there are a couple people interested in Rusty (the male). Feature Pony and I will be meeting on Sunday so he can meet him and see how he acts around his dog. 88nightmare also expressed his interest and is next in line. thanks guys.

I don't want to piss anyone off here, and I hope everyone understands what i am about to say, but I would love to keep these 2 together. I guess I did not mention that in the original post, but i am kind of surprised at the interest that people are showing. Again, I don't want to get anyone;s hopes up, just to give the dog to someone else and I do not want to upset anyone. They have been together since birth and it is my desire to keep them together. Here is what I am thinking to ease my mind and make it very clear: They have an appointment at the Vet on the 11th of June for a heartworm test, checkup, and their distemper shots. I will hold out hope to keep them together until the 11th of June. If nobody comes along and wants both of them until that point, then they will be split up, with Feature Pony first on the list for Rusty. Until then, let me know if you are interested. I have no problem meeting up with someone to show you the dogs or just chatting on the phone answering questions. PM me for my cell phone.

again, i really hope that everyone understands why it is my goal to keep these guys together! I am also realistic in the fact that finding someone to take both of them could be hard, even with the amazing kennel offer, LOL!

I really appreciate the interest from those who would not only helping me by taking them, but also giving these 2 the good life that they deserve.

07ROUSHSTG3
05-29-2009, 09:17 AM
UPDATE:

I am very happy to hear that Memphis is planning on taking both dogs!! Thank everyone for the interest and if things change I will post it up. I am stoked that they get to stay together. thanks again.

michelle
05-29-2009, 10:29 AM
Glad to hear it!!!