PDA

View Full Version : where do you bank?

hrsp
05-25-2009, 11:47 PM
so im tired of my previous bank and there bullshit...so where do you bank and where should i avoid? thanks

credit union vs bank? any thoughts on one over the other

03CVLX
05-25-2009, 11:53 PM
I am at Educators Credit Union. I love it!! They bent over backwards for me and got me the loans I needed to help pay bills off faster.

I previously had Tri City bank and I was not at all happy with them. I went on a trip to Florida and needed to use an ATM in a pinch. The bank in Florida charged 2 bucks to get the money and then Tri City charged me 5 bucks for using an out of area ATM. :flipoff2: They had lots of strange fees I was always calling to get stuff fees removed and just got sick of it.

88Nightmare
05-25-2009, 11:56 PM
Tri City. They always help me out when it comes to fees, I just go in and talk to them. And their online site is plain and very easy to use.

michelle
05-26-2009, 06:26 AM
Guaranty Bank. I like the convenient locations and hours (7 days a week). Not sure about the other important stuff, like interest rates though.

domokun
05-26-2009, 06:43 AM
had M&I and dropped them like a ton of bricks...

now I have chase and couldnt be happier

Rocket Power
05-26-2009, 06:48 AM
Associated bank , had St.Francis/mid america/national city. Got sick of the name changing and declining customer service and went to associated and I'm happy

loud91rs
05-26-2009, 07:18 AM
Landmark credit union here. They have always had exceptional service to me and everybody else I know who goes there.

TheRX7Project
05-26-2009, 07:49 AM
Tri City. Their website is awesome. Their ATM fee system sucks, I'll admit, but as long as you're not going to the ATM every day they're not a big deal.

Jsho13
05-26-2009, 08:37 AM
M&i

TraceDaddy
05-26-2009, 08:41 AM
If you happen to be a veteran try USAA. They consistently get awards for the best customer service in the industry. Free ATM's, free interest bearing checking accounts. I can even deposit checks from home. The best ever. I'll never switch.

https://www.usaa.com/inet/ent_utils/McStaticPages?key=about_usaa_awards

JBs92Lude
05-26-2009, 08:49 AM
Landmark is good. They have always been super helpful and don't give you any bull or jerk you around.

Karps TA
05-26-2009, 08:52 AM
I have Associated, and have been very happy with them.

I had Landmark, won't use them again unless in a pinch. They dicked me around so much on a mortgage refi 2 years ago that ended up costing me $500 in nonrefundable fees.

00FlowCamaro
05-26-2009, 08:55 AM
I use Ixonia State Bank. They seem to be alright. They screwed up deposits and withdrawals twice on me though and I had to get them corrected...

Neal Steffek
05-26-2009, 10:31 AM

Same here. I could not stand how M&I would want to put a fee on damn near everything I did. I went to Waukesha State Bank and they are awesome.

Exitspeed
05-26-2009, 10:48 AM

Same here.

Chase is a great bank.

07ROUSHSTG3
05-26-2009, 10:50 AM
i was at Well's Fargo for everything. I got sick of them catering to the illegals and hitting me with a fee after fee. i now use Horicon Bank for all my stuff. Pretty good i guess, no issues thus far.

xopher
05-26-2009, 12:01 PM
+1. I've only had one or two funny charges from Chase in 5 years and they cleared it up on the phone and refunded my money. They even paid a late fee on a bill when their bill pay system didn't get the bill paid in time, although it took a bit more time on the phone. Tons of ATMs in Milwaukee, especially in Walgreens. Overall, I've been satisfied.

I've got Landmark for my car payment and they're pretty good too. I love the fact that they're open late or on Sundays in some locations in case I forget to pay until the last second.

WickedSix
05-26-2009, 12:09 PM
another for chase, they've helped numerous times to correct undue fees and i've never been left feeling shafted.

I also use Prime financial CU for one saving account and pretty happy with them as well

johnny--2k
05-26-2009, 03:42 PM
I've had US Bank since I was 16. Never had a problem thus far. Gotten any loans I needed, never any hassles, and really can't complain.

Only thing I don't like is their damn fees for using other peoples ATM's. Otherwise, it's all good.

lordairgtar
05-26-2009, 05:10 PM
I like Guaranty. Free checking and the ladies behind the counter are HAWT at my branch. Plus I like having a bank open on Sunday.

1997 Trans-Am
05-26-2009, 05:15 PM
national city in muskego. never really had a problem. They used to have some pretty hot chicks working there which was always nice. lol

Plum Crazy
05-26-2009, 06:02 PM
I use US Bank, they are Okay, the only reason i use them is i live close to the one in Racine, and when i get my check on fridays(we dont have direct deposit) i can walk to the one next door to us(at Palmen Motors)

Deggy
05-26-2009, 06:36 PM
Tri City! I left them and it was a big mistake. I was using St. Francis/National City for a while. But they were a load of bullshit. I love Tri City. They have banks in Pick n Save's, 2 are within like 5 mins from my house, and they are open til 8, 7 days a week.

Moparjim
05-26-2009, 06:46 PM
Credit Union all the way.

Far better rates, particularly on vehicle, ATV, motorcycle loans. They will do all kinds of loans that a bank won't touch like older cars, appraised value specialty cars like my Viper, ATVs, personal loans etc. I never even fill out an application, I just call and tell them what I am doing, they chuckle at me that I bought another car or whatever, and they have the papers ready to sign when I stop in...

Cudahy Southshore Credit Union.

GRAMPS SS
05-26-2009, 07:08 PM
Guaranty Bank. I like the convenient locations and hours (7 days a week).

x2....plus we also use M&I in the FALLS....

Waver
05-26-2009, 07:13 PM
wells fargo.........

SlowMotion
05-26-2009, 07:38 PM
My vote goes for Tri City National Bank :thumbsup I had someone grab my bank card number off the net and they helped me resolve it within one day and the fees were reimbursed withing the next business day.