PDA

View Full Version : Help me settle this ! Simple question ..Ali or Tyson

DynoTom
05-25-2009, 01:03 AM
If Ali and Tyson fought each other ( both in their prime ) who would win ?

Thanks....I got this guy at work who is thinking the total opposite of what I think and I wanted to run it by you guys to see if I'm off base...

nismodave
05-25-2009, 01:14 AM
Ali.

hrsp
05-25-2009, 01:16 AM
prime vs prime...im taking Tyson....

nismodave
05-25-2009, 01:58 AM
No way. Tyson has trouble with tall fighters and Ali is 6'3".

Ali was also a much smarter fight than Tyson ever was.

HITMAN
05-25-2009, 05:18 AM
George Foreman (in his prime) was a better fighter and a MUCH harder puncher than Tyson ever was. Ali figured out how to not only beat Foreman but knock him out. Ali verses Tyson? Ali by K/O by he 8th round. Tyson was overrated because he pounded some chumps in the first round and got himself a reputation as a K/O monster. After he got himself knocked the fuck out by Buster Douglas, Tyson was, IMO, never the same fighter.

How did Tyson fare against a tall, intelligent opponent like he would have come up against if he would have fought Ali? Just ask him how his fight with Lenox Lewis went....:punch::rolf

u_say_go
05-25-2009, 05:52 AM
Ali for sure.

I agree with Hitman...in the fight against Lewis, Tyson got the ass whoopin' of a lifetime!:durr Wasn't that the fight Tyson was talking about eating testicles and killing children?

Prince Valiant
05-25-2009, 06:49 AM
Ali...Not only was he tall and quick, with lightning quick jabs (all things that Tyson had trouble with), Ali could take a punch, or a barrage of punches unlike any other. And, oh yeah, Ali could pack a hell of a punch too...and unleash a devastating barrage as well.

Though Ali could take a punch, good luck connecting...Tyson would have taken a lot of swings at air against Ali leaving Tyson winded and weak.

The problem with Tyson was not his punching power, which was tremendous...nor his quickness, which could be stupefying at times. It was that in the end, he was a fairly incomplete boxer who dominated a time that lacked any truly great heavyweights. While he could set-up for moments of boxing, he couldn't continue to box...he needed to brawl. Better heavyweights than he faced in his prime would have been able to withstand this, frustrating and tiring Tyson out.

It's true...Tyson would have been a danger to connect at any moment and could have done serious damage to near anyone, but the greats of the ring could have contained him barring a mistake.

Of Ali, Foreman (prime), Frazier, or of Holmes (in his prime, not the out of shape, slow 38 y/o tyson decimated) , I don't think tyson would have walked away from any with a victory....maybe frazier. Maybe. No, I take that back...Frazier beats tyson in 5 rounds.

Oh, and the fight would have ended in a KO once Tyson got tired and frustrated...he would have been tired out after 4-5 rounds of Ali, and then Ali would have picked him apart putting him down in another 3 rounds. Ali by KO in 6-8 rounds.

xFullThrottlex
05-25-2009, 08:17 AM
marciano would knock both of those bums out:headbang

nismodave
05-25-2009, 08:54 AM
marciano would knock both of those bums out:headbang

NWS!!

rdjblkRkoPU

Plum Crazy
05-25-2009, 08:56 AM
Ali would win, but would be missing an ear.

tommyt5078
05-25-2009, 09:09 AM
Tyson would KO him in the first 30 seconds, Ali wouldn't know what hit him !!!!!

nismodave
05-25-2009, 09:26 AM
^^^^:rolf:rolf:rolf

All the guys Tyson fought in his prime, were Bums or washed up.

Ali fought some of the greatest fighters in history.

DRK
05-25-2009, 10:13 AM
I believe that Ali before the ban was one of the greatest boxers of all time.

lordairgtar
05-25-2009, 10:56 AM
I watched Ali (then known as Cassius Clay) fight Sonny Liston. Even then, Ali showed a scientific approach to fighting. He truly studied fighters and developed his approach. Try and find videos of these old fights and watch a true master of the sweet science. Tyson, although interesting, isn't in the same league.

GTSLOW
05-25-2009, 11:27 AM
rdjblkRkoPU

:rolf

Prince Valiant
05-25-2009, 12:46 PM
I believe that Ali before the ban was one of the greatest boxers of all time.
Even after the ban...he fought and beat both Foreman, Frazier...even Norton (perhaps one of the more underrated boxers in history only since he fought when the division was stacked like no other...though a case could be made that Liston was more under-appreciated/rated).

Taking Ali's career in total, I'd argue he was the greatest champion of all...joe louis was a better technical boxer, Marciano had more grit...but no one was more adaptable, combining both the quickness, size, and power, for so long and coming back so many times as Ali.

07ROUSHSTG3
05-25-2009, 12:47 PM
I love Ali, he is my second favorite athlete of all time. I had to vote for Tyson though. The raw strength that Tyson had, paired with his fighting style, that actually was pretty good, would be hard for Ali to deal with.

Prince Valiant
05-25-2009, 12:51 PM
Tyson wasn't even the hardest puncher ever...that'd go to Foreman.

VroomPshhTsi
05-25-2009, 09:20 PM
Everyone has their own opinion, but I'd put my money on Tyson KO within in the first few rounds. If it went back round 3, Ali would win. It'll never happen so you can't really say "this is what I think and I KNOW I'm right." Just like which football team was the best, it's fun to discuss but we'll never know.

Tyson did struggle with some taller fighters, but in his prime I don't think he was touchable. Whether it's from his opponents not being the best or him being that dominating, we'll never know.

nismodave
05-25-2009, 09:43 PM
http://www.totalprosports.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/mike-tyson-fat.jpg

VS

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/01_01/muhammedaliBIG_468x600.jpg

=

http://blogs.ocweekly.com/navelgazing/fat-albert.jpg

VS

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/45625000/jpg/_45625735_-1.jpg

Voodoo Chick
05-25-2009, 10:20 PM
Ol' Mr. Tyson seems to have put on a few pounds!! :stare

hrsp
05-25-2009, 11:28 PM
LOL at that pic....

BeesTwinEG
05-26-2009, 12:47 AM
Prime time (ali) VS Prime time (tyson).
I'd go for tyson. strong, fast, endurance, and quick feet just like ali.
"rope a dope" game will not play with tyson....

07ROUSHSTG3
05-26-2009, 12:16 PM
sucks to hear what happened to Tyson's daughter.

Holeshot
05-26-2009, 02:04 PM
Ali !!

ki4UKsI8bms&feature=related

PART II

EMfZ86oUcSI&feature=related

xFullThrottlex
05-26-2009, 08:18 PM
NWS!!

rdjblkRkoPU

LOL Coming to America FTW!!

But seriously you guys I'm stickin with Marciano.

ALso I thought this quote was kind of cool...

"When I was 14 years old and listening to the radio and I heard the announcer, '.and still champion of the whole world, Rocky Marciano..' I knew I wanted to be champion someday. He was a big influence in the start of my career."
-- Muhammad Ali

DirtyMax
05-27-2009, 09:12 PM
Pretty classy inserting Michael J. Fox in place of Ali. Absolutely fucking hilarious.

I hope your never know someone personally who suffers from Parkinsons. :flipoff2:

nismodave
05-27-2009, 09:21 PM
Please tell me what else is off limits to joke about, so it will not be posted in the future.

Thanks.

Nick
05-27-2009, 09:23 PM
Everyone knows Joe Frazier beat Clay.
That fight was rigged. Ali stood there like a used up whore the whole time.

DirtyMax
05-27-2009, 09:30 PM
Please tell me what else is off limits to joke about, so it will not be posted in the future.

Thanks.

It just hits a little close to home thats all. Kind of like nobody here would dare joke about a brain tumor... that's how I feel about Parkinsons... and pretty much anything else people can't help and especially can't be cured of.

Changing your name and having a sex change however... have at it...

Nick
05-27-2009, 09:34 PM
Did somebody say sex change? :rolf

Double Standards fa sho

Holeshot
05-27-2009, 09:37 PM
Johnny Depp ^^^^ LOL