PDA

View Full Version : New Addition to the Zoo...err "Family"

michelle
05-23-2009, 12:10 PM
This is Howie!

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g244/reupertm/Howie.jpg

We adopted him from the Wisconsin Humane Society last night. He's approximately 2 years old and is a Beagle Mix. Not sure what he is mixed with though.

He came from Kentucky, where he was at one of those kill shelters. He was transferred up here a few days ago. He was fixed on Thursday, has all his shots, and was ready for a home.

I saw his picture online and when we got to the Humane Society, I didn't see him and was bummed thinking he was already adopted. Turns out he was still "in the back", so they brought him out to us and he bonded with Adam right away (already a smart dog!). He knows sit, so everyone guessed he was someone's pet at one time. He was found as a stray in KY.

He's a bit shy of the cats (Otis likes to chase him), but they aren't scared of him at all. He didn't even go after a bird on the driveway when we went to get the mail and had no interest in the chinchilla or ferret cages.

And no Bob, you may not take him hunting with you.

pOrk
05-23-2009, 12:12 PM
Props for saving a dog in need, looks like a good pup.

michelle
05-23-2009, 12:14 PM
Yeah, I was all setup to start fostering a Great Dane for a Midwest organization, but adopting a Dane (because we all know that would have happened) might have been pushing it with Adam. He is not a fan of big dogs. So this was a compromise, since we both had Beagles growing up and loved them.

We agreed last night that someday I will have a Dane and he will have a Mustang.

Only downside is his farts smell way worse then Adam's. ):

xxtremeteam
05-23-2009, 12:17 PM
cute dog, I love my beagle
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o64/xxtremeteam/kina001.jpg

Prince Valiant
05-23-2009, 12:30 PM
cute, happy looking puppy!

STANMAN
05-23-2009, 03:17 PM
But Beagles are ment to hunt!!!!

good looking pup, looking forward to meeting him in person! Dogs love me. Like real dogs, not the thing that you just sat. I am still convinced it's a South American barking hamster.

Holeshot
05-23-2009, 06:23 PM
Cool Michelle. Nice Rescue. Again I ask when we start the barn building.

Reverend Cooper
05-23-2009, 06:37 PM
he is a cutie

Car Guy
05-23-2009, 06:39 PM
Awwwwwwww......:)

Voodoo Chick
05-24-2009, 12:21 AM
He has a pretty face.

michelle
05-24-2009, 05:22 AM
He's a total lap dog and loves to be right on you or next to you (leaning on you) of course. Wish I knew his whole story. He has a big chunk cut/bitten out of one of his ears (it's all healed now, obviously).

All my animals have a story (all rescues, besides the cats), but they seem more lovable that way now that they have a forever home. (:

And Dan, I wish we could have a barn here. I would be all for rescuing horses/ponies to let them spend their last few years here, but we only have 3 acres and 5 is required to have horses. Plus Adam has bad allergies around horses. My dream is to open up some type of dog rescue and we can put up any type of building we want on the land here, so it would be heated and air conditioned and the yard fully fenced. Someday, someday.

bread320i
05-24-2009, 07:40 AM
Cool Michelle. Nice Rescue. Again I ask when we start the barn building.

A barn for cars is on the list...

STANMAN
05-24-2009, 09:43 AM
A barn for cars is on the list...

I'm IN!!!