PDA

View Full Version : 9 days to get my car done, anyone else in the same boat ?

awsomeears
05-22-2009, 07:12 PM
The 31st is my completion goal for my neon, just got done wrapping the down pipe. Holly shit that stuff is itchy :chair:

I finished wiring 7 gauges :goof how many did Turtle have, did i beat him ?

I have to recover some doors skins, clean the head liner, install rear seat, new head lights, blinkers, alignment and fresh gas !!!

31st should be one hell of a show !!!

Korndogg
05-22-2009, 07:14 PM
i do this every year for the dells show. something always pops up that i need to do. and then something major goes wrong and i have 2 days to fix it before the show.

TURTLE
05-22-2009, 07:20 PM
brad, lmk if you need any help... you know i iz da neon mazsta! :goof

Flicktitty
05-22-2009, 07:20 PM
yeap. Me and Liz are trying to get her car done as well.... it might not be "done" but it should be drivable.

look for a build thread later.

TURTLE
05-22-2009, 07:21 PM
in the midst of all this building, anyone want to come over on memorial day and help me do a headgasket on my car? :goof

Troutman
05-22-2009, 09:49 PM
i still have half my interior sitting in my room, along with a radiator and about 10 other (required to drive)parts:crying

BadAzzGTA89
05-23-2009, 01:21 AM
I should be there with the old motor for the last time this year before the swap and then tear the car to the shell for paint and wiring :thumbsup
Will be cool to meet a few more people!!

TraNs_aM
05-23-2009, 05:27 AM
in the midst of all this building, anyone want to come over on memorial day and help me do a headgasket on my car? :goof

sure jsut help me get mine runnin on saturday ! lol

TURTLE
05-23-2009, 07:37 AM
sure jsut help me get mine runnin on saturday ! lol

k, deal... except i work from 8am til 9pm.... having 2 jobs is good for da cash, but da suxxorz for free time.... :crying

Plum Crazy
05-23-2009, 07:37 AM
Seven gauges!! holy shit!!! i was thinking the 4 i will be needing for my Procharger build would be excessive. What are you running as far as guages?? I figured to S/C my ram i would need Pyrometer, Boost, A/F, and my Interceptor guage.

Plum Crazy
05-23-2009, 07:38 AM

headgasket on a neon? if its a single cam, i can do them in about 3 hrs, never timed myself on a DOHC.

TURTLE
05-23-2009, 07:38 AM
The 31st is my completion goal for my neon, just got done wrapping the down pipe. Holly shit that stuff is itchy :chair:

I finished wiring 7 gauges :goof how many did Turtle have, did i beat him ?

I have to recover some doors skins, clean the head liner, install rear seat, new head lights, blinkers, alignment and fresh gas !!!

31st should be one hell of a show !!!

for the record, i had 7 aftermarket gauges, and a shift light... so you tied me on gauges, you just need to find a few idiot lights and ya got me covered! :goof:rolf:rolf

awsomeears
05-23-2009, 10:13 AM
Boost
Pyrometer
Oil psi
Water Temp
Wideband
Volt
Shift light
Fuel Psi

Whoops I have 8 !!!

And they all serve a purpose, no fillers here.

Plum Crazy
05-23-2009, 10:40 AM
i saw a civic with 12 one time, 3 on each pillar, 2 on the top of the collumn, three under the radio and a 5" Tac. I said to him "damn, i bet you can tell me the time in 3 countries"

Plum Crazy
05-23-2009, 10:43 AM
Boost
Pyrometer
Oil psi
Water Temp
Wideband
Volt
Shift light
Fuel Psi

Whoops I have 8 !!!

And they all serve a purpose, no fillers here.

Thats why i love the Interceptor guage, it serves the oil press, water temp, volts, and it might have fuel pressure(but im not sure) plus i can see knock retard, and a bunch of other stuff as well.

sloLs1
05-23-2009, 05:56 PM
ill trailer my ls1 car there! :rolf

NOT!

ill just bring my 4dr... maybe ill have the bottle on it by then :devil

TURTLE
05-24-2009, 05:41 AM
headgasket on a neon? if its a single cam, i can do them in about 3 hrs, never timed myself on a DOHC.

dohc... and i could do the timing belt and headgasket with replacing the waterpump in about 5 on my 2gn... that was taking my time and doing it in my garage though...