PDA

View Full Version : LMfao

lotsals1
05-22-2009, 08:50 AM
Gee wonder if this is a Nigerian scam -look at what this clown tried on me:rolf--
I responded CASH IS TRUMP 3RD WORLD BIOTCH...

I would like to buy your Memphis MCLass 1000d mono amp - $225 which you wanna for sale I saw the advert on craigslist and i am interested in buying it and i want it fast.I should have bargain on the price but due to my quick want of the item i would settle for that amount. I would like to make arrangement for the payment of the item now and i want you to know that i will be paying you with a cashier's check.If you are okay with my procedures you should get back with the name and address you want the cashier's check issued to so i can forward it to my secretary asap to write the cashier's check in the name provided and mail to the address with phone
number.
I would be so glad if you can sell this item to me as i am very much in need of it.As for the pick up i will have one of my worker to come for the pick up after you notify that you have got and cashed the cashier's check sent to you.Get back to me asap so i can know the next step

Josepy
05-22-2009, 09:04 AM
If he sends you a check and you cash it and it clears whats the big deal. You don't let the item go til you have your money.

Yooformula
05-22-2009, 09:06 AM
Joe, the check clears the bank initially but then a few weeks later turns out to be fake so the bank collects it from you.

TraceDaddy
05-22-2009, 09:07 AM
It can clear your bank fine but it can be several days before it clears the check's bank. If/when it bounces then, it comes back to your bank and you're responsible. By that time the guy has your item.

Josepy
05-22-2009, 09:10 AM
Joe, the check clears the bank initially but then a few weeks later turns out to be fake so the bank collects it from you.

yeah I know that. I would not let the item go until it clears the whole way through. I should of been more detailed. I tell people fine check work. However you will not get your item for 14 days after that.

xxsn0blindxx
05-22-2009, 01:51 PM
I've often wondered what happens if you open up an account, deposit the money, it clears, withdraw the money and close the account right away? I know one way or another you're on the hook for the money, but it doesn't seem right that the bank says ok you're good to go and then comes back later and says just kidding give us our money back.

URLOZIN
05-22-2009, 01:54 PM
I've had alot of emails like that. Ranging from a $20 dollar item to My car. I have like 5 or 6 worthless checks and money orders worth 30K+ in my place somewhere.lol

lotsals1
05-22-2009, 03:41 PM
If he sends you a check and you cash it and it clears whats the big deal. You don't let the item go til you have your money.Well its a moral thing --its a cashiers check "they can be bought with a stolen credit card". thats why you dont take them period.
Then when the real owner of the card finds out you gotta pay them back,but you shhit is long gone.:rolleyes:

TheRX7Project
05-22-2009, 05:36 PM
Tell him to send you payment via Wal-Mart gift cards.

That's how a lot of guys on the gun sites do it.

letsrunem
05-22-2009, 10:36 PM
Banks often charge you if you've RECEIVED a bad check.

pOrk
05-22-2009, 10:54 PM
I always say no problem and give me the address. They usually send those bad checks via certified mail ( about 15 bucks ). Then I toss it in the trash :)

diablizzard
05-23-2009, 12:30 PM
yeah the same guy tried that when I was trying to sell my engine