PDA

View Full Version : LT1 ARP rod stud help!

Firefighter Z
05-20-2009, 09:37 PM
What ARP rod bolt stud can be used with the Stock LT1 rods?

I threw the #3 and #5 rods to where the nuts stripped off the rod bolts and spun the #3 and #5 bearings.

There is no damage to the block or rods, just the metal shavings from the bearings

Now I know why alot of people dumped their LT1's:rolf

juicedimpss
05-21-2009, 08:23 AM
pretty sure regular sbc rod bolts work with the PM rods.
by the time you waste the time and money to put arps in and have the rods resized,you should spend the few(literally) extra dollars and get a set of scat or similar rods.

BadAzzGTA89
05-21-2009, 07:15 PM
pretty sure regular sbc rod bolts work with the pm rods.
By the time you waste the time and money to put arps in and have the rods resized,you should spend the few(literally) extra dollars and get a set of scat or similar rods.

x2

Beagle
05-21-2009, 07:45 PM
pretty sure regular sbc rod bolts work with the PM rods.
by the time you waste the time and money to put arps in and have the rods resized,you should spend the few(literally) extra dollars and get a set of scat or similar rods.

The LT1 Master has spoken :goof

Josh if you need any help with anything just give me a call. :thumbsup

95 TA - The Beast
05-31-2009, 10:22 PM
Actually, LT1 PM rods are good to 650hp or so. Also, ARP makes rod bolts specifically for PM LT1 rods, I think the number ends in 6005 vs 6003 for standard rods. The LT1 specific bolts do not 'eat into' the cap, thus you won't trash the caps/rods if you disassemble/reassemble frequently. For a 'long-term' build, you can use the regulars.

But, yeah, for the extra $100-200 or so, you can go with a nice set of aftermarket rods, but on a NA setup that won't be seeing any juice or a blower, PM rods are fine.