PDA

View Full Version : Dave & Carole's MIRACLE MARATHON 96.5 WKLH

awsomeears
05-19-2009, 11:11 PM
Anyone else listen to there Marathon ?

I try to listen to most of it, but times I shut if off. Some of the stories are so heart wrenching they will make you cry your eyes out :crying

It really opens your eyes and makes you feel lucky as HELL to be healthy from a youngster to present.

Its unreal how many Kids are sick, and those like myself that lead a healthy life have NO CLUE about these kids. Ever since I started to listen to there Marathon ( 03' ) I have a different view of allot of things !!!

I will recommend that you listen and donate some $$$

Last year they raised in the Millions, witch is absolutely unreal :wooo

:thumbsup

lordairgtar
05-19-2009, 11:15 PM
And yet some of those same sick kids have a positive outlook regarding their doctors and treatment. We could learn a lesson or two from them. I think the worst for me was listening last year about a kid that had died, and they played the previous years interview of that child. Very heartbreaking hearing the replay and then learning the child passed.

LEWETHETIGER73
05-19-2009, 11:17 PM
Always worth every penny I can donate.

awsomeears
05-19-2009, 11:21 PM
And yet some of those same sick kids have a positive outlook regarding their doctors and treatment. We could learn a lesson or two from them. I think the worst for me was listening last year about a kid that had died, and they played the previous years interview of that child. Very heartbreaking hearing the replay and then learning the child passed.

I remember that, I was driving in my service van. My heart sunk and started to cry, man that was rough !!!

Some of these kids are so dam smart about there diagnoses, its amazing :stare

lordairgtar
05-19-2009, 11:28 PM
I was driving too. I had to pull over.

buttersgt350
05-20-2009, 04:41 PM
they do raise alot of money and awereness for the childrens hospital. sure times are tough and money is tight right now, but remember there are people that have it worse than you. if you can help out a little bit it makes a big difference. i will be donating.

GRAMPS SS
05-20-2009, 05:42 PM
sure they raise alot...but what they get is a drop in the bucket....the stories get to you...the wife works with this everyday....i don't know how she handles it...but she does,....if i could give more i would...i do the 20 and month every year...
we'll see what they get this year with all the people hurting with no jobs or worried about looseing theres....but,...every bit helps...

Holeshot
05-20-2009, 09:12 PM
Everyone's donation helped my grandson fight the good fight to the very end.

TraceDaddy
05-21-2009, 12:21 PM
I can't listen. I know better. It kills me to hear the stories. I'll go on-line to donate but have to wait until it's over to listen again.

PonyKiller87
05-21-2009, 01:21 PM
My company does alot of work over at children's, we did the MEP design for the new tower. So I'm over there a fair amount for different things. It never sceases to amaze me how almost every kid you see there is smiling and happy even when they are obviously in rough shape. The hospital really does a great job for all those kids.