PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Old/broken pair of oakley eyejackets

animal
05-19-2009, 04:01 PM
It's a long shot I realize. I have a pair of oakley eyejackets that are like my favorite sunglasses that I can't live without. I've managed to save up extra parts to them the last few years except for the little rubber earpieces that help hold them on your head. Oakley no longer sells anything for these since they discontinued like 5 years ago, so I fiugured I'd post it up here and roll the dice. If any of you happen to have an old pair of these still, broken or not I just need the rubber earpieces to them (though I'd take the whole thing depending what you got). Can be any version of eyejackets or even similar style glasses that have the rubber sleeves that slide over the frame.

I know I should go get a new pair, but I haven't found anything like these in their current lineup.

Here's a pic of what I'm actually looking for:

http://www.pissmeoff.info/pics/oak.jpg

loud91rs
05-19-2009, 09:42 PM
I have a pair of those I believe in dark blue. They look just like that. If you want the entire sunglass, make me an offer.

MoCkiN U
05-19-2009, 11:36 PM
DUDE!! I just threw out the earpieces to my black ones before flying out here to cali. I bought a new style that I love love love. Look at the gascan styles...you can get some really nice ones in the custom store online and make what you the look you want. I have the turtois shell bronze ones and also just bought the oil rig style. Those are big but def my favorites

animal
05-19-2009, 11:57 PM
I have a pair of those I believe in dark blue. They look just like that. If you want the entire sunglass, make me an offer.

Are they intact? or busted? Real or fake oakleys?

loud91rs
05-20-2009, 12:21 AM
They are in really good condition, intact. Not busted, real oakleys with the original sleeve for them. I have a pair of half jackets that I like and no longer wear the others.

HITMAN
05-20-2009, 02:35 AM
*Thread Hijack!*

You need some new shades. I recommend Maui Jim Kahunas. Real polarized glass, real metal frames and, like t-shirts and blue jeans, they'll never go out of style. The frames don't corrode and the coatings on the lenses don't scratch. I have owned the same pair since 1999 and they still make them. IMO, everything else is just an overpriced plastic throwaway...

https://mauijimssl.services.att-idns.net/wcsstore/MauiJimB2C/images/catalog/sunglass/LRG162-02.png

animal
05-20-2009, 07:50 AM
They are in really good condition, intact. Not busted, real oakleys with the original sleeve for them. I have a pair of half jackets that I like and no longer wear the others.

Got a pic? Specifically of the outside joint where the arm meets the frame. I can tell what version of the jackets they are from that. I'm weary of the 1.0's only because I seem to break the arms on those every other day. The 2.0's have so far stood up to my abuse.

animal
05-20-2009, 08:28 AM
*Thread Hijack!*
I recommend Maui Jim Kahunas.

Those would rule if I was named Maverick and flew an F-14 :goof

Hehe.

I never really liked glasses with nosepads... they bother me. The eyejackets are comfortable enough for me to wear 18 hours a day if I needed to. After about 2 minutes I don't even notice they're on. Nosepadded glasses bother me after about 5 minutes. This is why I'm so in love with the eyejackets I guess. It's the only pair I've ever had that don't bother my nose after a while.

animal
05-20-2009, 08:32 AM
Update: I found my old broken pair of jackets intact with the ear rubber pieces! :) I'm a happy, happy man.

Still interested in that other pair rs but I wanna see some pix if possible.

CATNHAT
05-20-2009, 09:05 AM
I have some Oakley Gascans on CL for sale now. Normally around $100 new. $40 OBO
http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/for/1175143291.html

loud91rs
05-20-2009, 09:18 AM
They are pretty old so I would assume they are the 1.0 version. Gosh I would have to say almost 10 years!

-stew-
05-20-2009, 11:19 AM
...for me to wear 18 hours a day if I needed to...

Dude, the sun's only up 14 hours a day. Your futures not that bright...:thumbsup

animal
05-20-2009, 11:37 AM
Oakley Gascans

:puke:puke

animal
05-20-2009, 11:37 AM
Dude, the sun's only up 14 hours a day. Your futures not that bright...:thumbsup

I wear them at night. Cuz that's how I roll. lol.

animal
05-20-2009, 11:38 AM
They are pretty old so I would assume they are the 1.0 version. Gosh I would have to say almost 10 years!

So what are you looking for then? $25?

animal
06-29-2012, 09:52 AM
This an old thread, but still interested in buying up pairs of eyejackets if anyone has some still. post what u got.

Waver
06-29-2012, 10:15 AM
I have to see if I have my broken pair of eyejackets still. I just picked up three pair of Oakleys from the Matco guy about a month ago. They are a variation of the eyejackets.

Silver86
06-29-2012, 12:29 PM
ill have to look, but i have a pair of eyejackets laying around somewhere