PDA

View Full Version : Pistol Petes

Silver350
03-26-2004, 09:01 AM
Tis be the season when car shows are begining to get orginized. I have recently been recieving Information on the 2004 pistol petes car show. Some of the guys from the club and myself have been out there a couple times and it has been a good time.

Pistol Petes car show is on Wednesday night starting on MAY 5. Usally the lot fills up fast so it is best to get there before 6pm.

Pistol Petes offers discount drinks and homemade pizza (none of the tipical frozen bar food) witch is really good.

I might be posting on here a couple times when I am going to go up there and maybe we can get a group to go up there and have some food, fun

Yooformula
03-26-2004, 09:50 AM
That sounds cool! I actually have off weds permanently now.:thumbsup

Silver350
03-26-2004, 01:12 PM
Nice. Yoosof well have to cruise up there a couple of times. Hopefully I wont have volleyball or Hockey to play that night

95 TA - The Beast
03-26-2004, 01:16 PM
I will be heading up there again this year...

02hawk796
03-26-2004, 01:25 PM
After getting shafted by those guys last year, I've had enough of that from them.

rsscoty
03-26-2004, 03:27 PM
Ron, What happened?
Scoty

Silver350
03-26-2004, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by rsscoty
Ron, What happened?
Scoty

:wstupid I would like to know as well. On of my co-workers help organized the show.

Yooformula
03-26-2004, 05:57 PM
I still havent been up there yet. I know alot of you guys had fun there but I didnt get a chance to head out that way.

02hawk796
03-27-2004, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Silver350
:wstupid I would like to know as well. On of my co-workers help organized the show.

I was considering holding a gathering of Firehawks there with the carshow.
I asked the bar people, and they said the people handling all the food/drink deals and whatnot were the car show guys, the car club. (reasonable)
I asked the car show guys, and they said yes, the show is on next week (unless it rains), and the food/drink deals would be running regardless of who shows up (or not), and they arranged it with the owner. (reasonable)
So I schedule the meeting (short notice), send out the mail (newsletters) and emails for the agreed upon date the following Wed.
I get there on Wed, everybody there says "no show". There is no precipitation nor any chance of it. I point out that they guaranteed that the show would go, knowing that I was going to invite others, and that they had said the specials would be in effect (particularly since I had stated so in my messages).
Car show guys said "no show, no deals, your problem" (not reasonable).
Bar people (owner or manager): "no deals, our arrangement is with the car show guys/club" even though I had spoken to the same person the week before when I first explained my plan.

Car show guys/club: "we knew last week there would be no show this week" (then why did they tell me there would be?) - not reasonable.
Guy who talked to his buddies (the other car show guys) and gave me his email addy as point-of-contact: Doesn't answer/reply to emails, never showed up this night, didn't call his buddies to rectify things. (either not reasonable, or not responsible, or spineless).
Car show guys/club: "we don't care what we told you last week, we knew we weren't having a show this week, and we are all that matters - your tough luck". (not reasonable, not responsible, not acceptable, not honorable, weasely, cowardly, spineless, etc.)

Result: I get to foot the bill for my entire group that showed. (responsible on my part, and my part alone, by not transferring the shaft these Bozos gave me onto the rest of my group.)
Essentially, I consider them to be lying, worthless, scumsucking bastards. I flush their kin several times a day.

And yes, I am willing to bad-mouth these a-holes to anybody who wants to listen (and I talk a lot). I did not spout off on this message board anywhere prior in deferrence to the posting that goes on here about the show. But my comment generated your request for info, which is a reasonable request.
If this post is desired by anybody to be removed, that's OK with me if some admin of mod wants to delete it.

Syclone0044
03-27-2004, 07:30 PM
Wow!! :stare 02hawk796 you are my new favorite member!!! :headbang I really liked your post. :thumbsup

rsscoty
03-28-2004, 12:06 AM
Dude that sucks!

I didn't know you had such a rough time with them. Sorry to hear that.

Anyway on the good note am really lookin' forward to the cruise :rockwoot: :3gears: :3gears:
Scoty

Crawlin
03-31-2004, 10:12 PM
man that's shitty.

I will be showing regardless though. Just cause it's something to do on Wednesday. All the other nights are filled up :)

Chris

02hawk796
04-01-2004, 06:53 AM
Wednesday is the Culver's car show in Jackson. I'll probably be going there.

And Scoty: yes, it's a cruise to look forward to!

Zkid14
04-01-2004, 07:39 PM
How long does it last? I get off work at 8, worth it to still show up? I'd like to meet some of you guys.

WhiteZCamaro
04-04-2004, 10:01 PM
I'm down for it its better than wasting my time down at solid gold car show. BTW where is this place?

3rdGen Princess
04-04-2004, 11:21 PM
If memory serves me right, it should be located right on Hwy 60 (which is the main street in Jackson). To get to Jackson you could take I-43 or I-45 and get off on the Hwy 60 exit. If you are traveling on I-43 it will be one of the Grafton exits, just head west through Grafton and you will run directly into Jackson! :shades

Silver350
04-08-2004, 08:45 AM
Pistol Pete's Is located on Lisbon in Bookfeild. Just west of Pilgram Road.

BAD LS1
04-08-2004, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by WhiteZCamaro
I'm down for it its better than wasting my time down at solid gold car show. BTW where is this place?

BWahahahah dude youd be so close to my place!!

jbiscuit
04-08-2004, 01:00 PM
I wouldn't mind riding out with someone to this to take some pics....but I heard that rice is strictly prohibited.:nutkick :flipoff2:

02hawk796
04-08-2004, 01:16 PM
Rice can be customers, just park in a different lot.

rsscoty
04-09-2004, 12:14 PM
last year they had a ticked out Dodge. It had was strictly rice and was there in the show. It had a good stereo, and a wild looking paintjob. I myself thought that it was out of place.

Scoty

xxhowiexx
04-10-2004, 05:49 PM
i'll prolly go there this wednesday. i had a good tim elast year when i went.

T-Bag
04-18-2004, 10:30 PM
Is this the Pistol Pete's on Lisbon Road (K) in Menomonee Falls right by Calhoun road? If so I live like 5 minutes away. I'll be down if I know people from here are going. Solid Gold has gone down the hole :(

xxhowiexx
04-18-2004, 11:12 PM
i was there last wednesday. i was the only one there!

02hawk796
04-19-2004, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by rsscoty
last year they had a ticked out Dodge. It had was strictly rice and was there in the show. It had a good stereo, and a wild looking paintjob. I myself thought that it was out of place.

Scoty

Scoty, I think the "Rice" comment was in reference to "vehicles made by a foriegn company headquartered in southeast Asia or Pacific Rim" rather than to "vehicles made by a foriegn company headquartered in Germany" that have riced-out appearance mods.

Hey, yellow wagon, is that a Subaru? Is that one of the companies that got bought by an American automaker?

BadAzzGTA89
04-19-2004, 07:20 PM
Ok i am too lazy to look what day or days are the shows there??I got my car out and wanna meet up with some of you fellow car nuts!!Oh and do they allow cars like mine in that show?

A B4C Z
04-26-2004, 08:49 PM
Off Capitol Drive in Brookfield But I think the place is acutally in a differnt town Its right on the boarder. I want to say lisbon road? but dont quote me on it.
All i know is i like the place because its acutally close to my house!!!

u_say_go
04-26-2004, 08:59 PM
Opening night at Pistol Pete's is May 5th. It's pretty tame up there, but the food is good and the beer is cold. If the weather is nice I'll be up there with the T-Bucket (which, took 2nd place at the Midwest Classic car show at state fair park :rockwoot: )
Still no word on Burger King for this summer????

02hawk796
04-27-2004, 12:28 PM
If memory serves me right, it should be located right on Hwy 60 (which is the main street in Jackson). To get to Jackson you could take I-43 or I-45 and get off on the Hwy 60 exit. If you are traveling on I-43 it will be one of the Grafton exits, just head west through Grafton and you will run directly into Jackson! :shades

I think the Jackson Culvers used to be in town. Now it's located at the northwest corner of Hwy 45 and Hwy 60, on top of the hill.
So take Hwy 45 Exit#63 onto Hwy 60, go West 1 block, turn Right onto Tillie Lake Rd, and the first Right, and enter Culvers. Gobs of room.
I'm not sure if I'll make it this Wed. Insurance is ready, but I've got gobs of things to do. Don't know if their show starts yet either.

T-Bag
04-27-2004, 09:02 PM
Off Capitol Drive in Brookfield But I think the place is acutally in a differnt town Its right on the boarder. I want to say lisbon road? but dont quote me on it.
All i know is i like the place because its acutally close to my house!!!

Hehe...I said it was off Lisbon Road east of Calhoun and west of Lily.