PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust advice

DFJ6000
05-18-2009, 04:54 PM
Obviously I would like to maximize the hp on my v6 charger, So Im looking for advice on what to run for an exhaust. It has headers and a CAI as well as a diablo tuner so nothin too major. It is a 3.5 liter v6 engine. Im curious if it would be better to just replace the stock muffler with a flowmaster or whatever and remove the resonator. From the factory its a single exhaust and leave it as a single with the upgraded muffler. Or would it be better to run 2.5 inlet to dual 2.25 outlet flowmaster? Or hell even true duals? Just wondering how yall hp masters would do it lol...Im tryin to kill as many imports as I can. And I think my headers would really benefit from a free-er flowing exhaust. thanks!

0TransAm0
05-18-2009, 06:22 PM
i was looking into exhaust kits for those cars awhile back for my brother...he has yet to buy anything tho.. i really liked the magnaflow cat back kit... single inlet dual outlet..

SSLEVO
05-18-2009, 06:25 PM
Kind of odd you would do headers before a catback. Are you keeping the cats? It would make the most power with a 2.5-3" y-pipe back with a straight through muffler. Not sure how it would sound though.

DFJ6000
05-18-2009, 08:19 PM
went with the headers cuz i got a kickass deal on craigslist...couldnt pass it up

WickedSix
05-18-2009, 08:29 PM
dont put flowmasters on a V6 they get REALLY raspy and harsh sounding. I'd go with a nice catback system like the magnaflow. I'll give you a nice burble without making the car hideously obnoxious like the rice you are trying to beat