PDA

View Full Version : Cedarburg Restaurants?

DamonZ28
03-25-2004, 10:01 PM
I'm looking for a restaurant in the Cedarburg area, to end the spring cruise this year. Any suggestions on a place that would be able to host our event?

SMS 1
03-25-2004, 10:18 PM
Wayne's on HWY 60 in Grafton/Cedarburg is a great place. They have car hop service in the summer and hold car shows every week. Talk to Steve Mickalika (<<<spelling?) He is the manager and could probably help set something up.

Knyghtmare
03-26-2004, 12:44 AM
Isnt that over an hour away from out area? correct me if I am wrong.

jon_we4
03-26-2004, 07:59 AM
2 for waynes

rsscoty
03-26-2004, 08:06 AM
No Tyler Cedarburg is just about 30 mins north of downtown Milwaukee. It would be a great place to end the cruise.

Scoty

Al
03-26-2004, 10:52 AM
Waynes is down the road (2 miles) from where I live.

Just take I-43 north till 60, then head west for four miles.

02hawk796
03-26-2004, 12:58 PM
Waynes Drive-in (www.waynesdrive-in.com) is located at Five Corners (Hwys 60, 181, NN, and Covered Bridge Rd).
The Cruise would be looking for parking for a minimum of 40 cars, maybe twice that - and in the early evening on a Saturday, 22 May. A banquet room or other party/awards room would be great, too.
Does Wayne's have much more than the small indoors? Do they have some kind of arrangement for parking of that caliber? The lot they have would do as long as nobody else was there on that Sat evening.
Wayne's opens indoors on Mon, April 5th, with carhop service starting after Memorial Day weekend (week after Cruise).
Last year the BW3 on Hwy 100 next to Krispy Kreme worked, with plenty of parking and inside a party table was arranged with plenty of seating. Anything like that in the Cedarburg/Grafton or maybe Brown Deer areas?

rsscoty
03-26-2004, 04:33 PM
Cedarburg is out no parking for that many cars. Will keep checking around though.

Scoty

DamonZ28
03-26-2004, 04:41 PM
I don't think we'll have more than 30 or 40 cars. Is Wayne's pretty small? Scoty, if you wouldn't mind, let me know if there are any other places worth checking out in that area. I have someone who has volunteered to make phone calls, so if you just let me know the name of the place, we can call them. Thanks!

SMS 1
03-26-2004, 05:00 PM
There is a restraunt/bar called Barrington's that shares the parking lot with Wayne's. I know a couple of the bartenders there and could try to stop in on saturday night to get the skinny on renting the place out for a sat. night? They have a decent size banquet hall there also.

P.S.- did I miss a posting somewhere? Which cruise/award thing is this again?

DamonZ28
03-26-2004, 07:29 PM
It's the MFBA (f-body only) spring cruise.

http://springcruise.fallcruise.org/

rsscoty
03-27-2004, 04:16 AM
Yeah Damon I'll do some checking around. I talked to a bar owner in Cedarburg and she said that she didn't know of anything that could accomadate the parking. I still have a few more to look at.

There is a BBQ place in Mequon called Damon's that is in a strip mall much like the BW3 from last spring. There I know they could accomadate us and I think they have banquet rooms.

Scoty

SMS 1
03-27-2004, 04:25 AM
Sorry to break it to ya Scoty but Damon's closed up shop about a month ago and auctioned off all of thier stuff. So unfortunately that one is nix as well.

What type of setting are you guys looking to end at specifically? My wife is on the CFD here and might be able to talk to someone about Firemans Park (where the county fair is held) ??? This could hold more cars than you could throw at it for sure:rockwoot:

rsscoty
03-27-2004, 04:31 AM
Hadn't been to Damon's in awhile so I didn't know they closed. Typically a place that sells food and drink. Last year it was held at BW3's in West Allis, it was supposed to be held at the Brat Stop in Kenosha but IIRC they were doing some remod work and were closed that weekend.

Just so you know SMS, This is a cruise that runs about 150 miles of the major highways. We gather up, and then take off and cruise throught the country side. A great time. Then we wind the cruise up at an establishment for some dinner and drinks.

I hope this helps you a little.

Scoty

rsscoty
03-27-2004, 11:48 AM
Damon check out Libby Montana in Mequon, 262-242-2232. They have the parking available.

Scoty

02hawk796
03-27-2004, 02:32 PM
Last year the Brat Stop was closed for some private party on the date/time the cruise was re-scheduled for.
I feel the Cruise that Damon runs to be the most fun day of driving during the year. If you prefer to sit and look at your Firebird/Camaro, this drive might not be your gig. Any Firebird/Camaro from any year/style that shows up can come.

What do you guys think of Circle B? The sign says Banquet. Is their food OK?
How about that new Charcoal Grille at Hwy 60 & W? Anybody know when it will open? Looks close to being done.
What about that Galioto's Vintage Grille on 181 at Hwy V, tucked between a Pontiac dealer and a Chevy dealer? Food good? Is it expensive?
Or Senor Luna's. Good food? Any banquet/party room inside?
I didn't know that parking lot was shared with Wayne's and Barrington's. Are they the same owner? The lot looks much different without mountains of snow in it. Has 120 spots total, so if Barrington's serves good food, it could work. I had no idea that building had much room in it. They got a banquet/party room, or basement room, or something? What's the food like? Just bar food, or actual restaurant food?

Any other ideas for Cedarburg, Grafton, Hamilton, or nearby areas? Paved parking lot is probably preferred.

3rdGen Princess
03-27-2004, 04:35 PM
Circle B would definately have enough parking for this and they do have a hall that they rent out, but you have to hire thier caterer. I don't know what they charge for the hall or the food. Otherwise they just have bar food. Barringtons does have a banquet room and it is a resteraunt/bar, so they do have a full menu! The food there is pretty good too! As far as the Charcol Grill goes, I haven't heard when they are opening yet! Senor Lunas will definately not hold many cars, but they do have a room upstairs that they have parties in that will hold about 60 people. The parking lot will probably hold about 30-40 max! and keep in mind that the downstairs would still be open so the parking lot would have to be shared with thier customers.

02hawk796
03-29-2004, 10:50 AM
Anybody familiar with some Pizza parlor on some main road in Grafton?
How about Moyer's restaurant?
Or "Roadhouse" on hwy 57, maybe by Mequon?

Where are they? Food any good? Size of parking lot?

indyzmike
03-30-2004, 02:07 AM
Damon, if you need some help with pictures or contacting places, shoot me an e-mail. I will keep my eyes open for a suitable spot.

02hawk796
04-01-2004, 07:21 AM
Any of you have comments about these places, I think by Mequon?
Brew City BBQ, on Hwy 57.
Mike's Spaghetti Factory, on 57.
Riversite Restaurant, on 57.

I've heard of some large pizza parlor in Cedraburg, anybody know of this? Is it Romano's? Where is Romano's?

3rdGen Princess
04-01-2004, 08:54 PM
Brew City has great food, definately enough parking, and has a seperate room for parties.

I haven't been to Millie's Spaghetti Factory (not Mike's), but I have heard that it's good.

Riversite Resteraunt, is EXPENSIVE!!! Typical Mequon! But, it would have plenty of parking.

The pizza place in Cedarburg is Tomasso's. They have great pizza, but I am not sure if they will be able to accomidate the amount of people that you are anticipating.

Ramono's is a pizza shop, but it's really pretty small (and the building that they are in was the Cedarburg Vet Clinic for over 30 years!!!! - I don't know, but it is just really weird to be getting food out of there now!) Plus, parking is VERY limited!!!!

I hope this helps!

DamonZ28
04-12-2004, 12:06 PM
Ron & I stopped at Wayne's on our scouting run on Saturday. It looks like Wayne's has more than enough parking, just in their own lot. Is there something we don't know? We'll give them a call to see if that's a possibility.