PDA

View Full Version : Looking for more power

2006wrxtr
05-17-2009, 01:16 PM
Boss 347 9.6:1 comp, TFS stg 3 port, B-31 cam, 1.72:1 RR, 1 5/8" shorties, X pipe, Flo's, T5 17# flywheel, UPR K member, coil overs, 4.10's. ETC..
340whp 366tq Tuned by TPS Prarieville LA

Was thinking about
75mm TB 1 3/4 Shorties ANderson N-71r cam
66mm Turbo 7psi street tune 15psi track tune
Just spray it.

Give me some opinions

pOrk
05-17-2009, 01:26 PM
Bigger spoiler

badass88gt
05-17-2009, 01:48 PM
Since your compression says "boost" I would go that route if funds allow. Other than that I would get rid of that cam and go with something better suited to your setup. I'm a fan of custom grind, you could get an FTI custom for the same price as those AFM cams I believe. Headers are another thing you could swap but I would skip the shorties and go with full length if it were mine. That car should have a 75mm TB regardless.

Let me ask, how does the car perform? Are you happy with it's performance? Are you just hung up on that low HP number? An important thing to remember is we dont race dynos. Who cares about peak HP numbers........

Deggy
05-17-2009, 01:51 PM
Bigger spoiler

:rolf:rolf

2006wrxtr
05-17-2009, 02:16 PM
Since your compression says "boost" I would go that route if funds allow. Other than that I would get rid of that cam and go with something better suited to your setup. I'm a fan of custom grind, you could get an FTI custom for the same price as those AFM cams I believe. Headers are another thing you could swap but I would skip the shorties and go with full length if it were mine. That car should have a 75mm TB regardless.

Let me ask, how does the car perform? Are you happy with it's performance? Are you just hung up on that low HP number? An important thing to remember is we dont race dynos. Who cares about peak HP numbers........

Yeah I need to get it to the track with some decent tires and see what it runs. My oil pan restricts me from running LTH's
I like the way it runs, it's just that there are alot of really fast street cars down here. One friend in particular I want to beat has a 503whp Twin Turbo 350z, thing is a beast. I might be able to beat him at the track, but on the street there is no chance.

That's why I was leaning towards spraying it, cost effective and with my engine I can spray the crap outta it and run really fast..

badass88gt
05-17-2009, 02:26 PM
Youre going to be tractionally-challenged on the street.......lol.

One mod to consider would be a garden sprayer that holds some VHT.

badass88gt
05-17-2009, 02:26 PM
What oil pan are you running?

2006wrxtr
05-17-2009, 02:36 PM
What oil pan are you running?

I have a morosso road race pan, Bought it because I plan on some open track, and Autocross.
Really thought about changing the pan, doing the cam, headers, and TB
but by the time all that money is spent I can put a Turbo kit together, or spray it and save alot of money. The labor is what would kill me. My apt complex doesn't like me building stuff in the lot...:)

2006wrxtr
05-17-2009, 02:44 PM
Youre going to be tractionally-challenged on the street.......lol.

One mod to consider would be a garden sprayer that holds some VHT.

I was thinking about making a system to spray VHT from a tank in the car?

badass88gt
05-17-2009, 09:24 PM
The problem with that is VHT will gum up the nozzles fast, have to be able to clean it. I'm not sure?

Sprayaway Fox
05-17-2009, 09:25 PM
I was thinking about making a system to spray VHT from a tank in the car?

Thats the same exact thing I was thinking of doing!:devil

Your Anderson cam could be different but you wont gain much running a NA cam (N61 or something). Ive been noticing turbo is the way to go nowadayz but you sure see a hella lotta used kits for sale on corral. Too much stuff for me (wastegate, piping, cooler, etc. etc. It gets expensive real fast even over a blower setup.

Ya could get away with a good hit of spray on that compression and still be pumpgas on the jug. I like a good NA tune and then tune for the bottle and your done. Dont have to worry bout all the possible hangups with a turbo kit.

How many MM is your mass air in it?

juicedimpss
05-17-2009, 09:40 PM
spray that biatch

Irish
05-17-2009, 10:16 PM
My vote is turbo... Yea the initial cost is hard to swallow, and it will be a task BUT, the benefits are worth the journey. Annnnnnnnd there are no bottles to fill at $50+ a crack when they run out you will be at the price of a decent turbo kit in no time.

Free boost provided by your motor, plus you don't have to run an aggressive cam.

Sprayaway Fox
05-18-2009, 12:01 AM
Ya could prolly use all your old supercharger stuff for the fuel side. Definitely wanna switch your gear to a 3.55 or 3.23 or something to spool the turbo better.

2006wrxtr
05-18-2009, 03:14 PM
Yeah I was thinking about going to a 3.27 gear...

70 cutlass 442
06-03-2009, 05:26 PM
throw that cam in the garbage.... then id go with a B&G turbo setup with like a 70MM turbo. That would be instant spool and still make enuf power to split your block. then goto a 3.55 gear and stick a taller tire under it.

TheRX7Project
06-03-2009, 05:38 PM
For the VHT sprayer, my dad built one that used an old washer fluid res. and pump, and ran the sprayer hoses out to the rear tires.

Honestly, I'd go spray. It's cheap, it's powerful, it's upgradable, and if done right, you have nothing to worry about.

DR.FORD
06-03-2009, 10:11 PM
Procharge the bitch-why change headers, cam, compression when you can bolt one on, damn near double the horsepower, run pump gas and never have to fill a bottle??!!!

Dr.Buick
06-04-2009, 10:16 AM
Procharge the bitch-why change headers, cam, compression when you can bolt one on, damn near double the horsepower, run pump gas and never have to fill a bottle??!!!
save your money and leave it how it is, thats the smartest thing to do:rolf