PDA

View Full Version : Mystery parts

TheRX7Project
05-16-2009, 05:40 PM
Do you have any "mystery" parts on your car? Something that you just don't know what it's for?

For me, there's this coolant line that runs from the bottom of the engine... and goes nowhere. The previous owner had it plugged with a pipe plug on the old motor, so I did the same when I put the new one in. It's not for the heater, doesn't go to the radiator, and doesn't go back to the engine anywhere. It's a medium-diameter hose, probably about 1-1/2", and it must've been for SOMETHING. It's pretty long, too, like it could reach the other side of the engine.

I don't have any overheating problems or anything... so it's just there.

Deggy
05-16-2009, 05:44 PM
I always wondered what the plug that just went into the engine block was for when I first got my car back in 2005. Then I read the manual and found out that some models of the Grand Am had block warmers.

Plum Crazy
05-16-2009, 05:58 PM
i had a mystery on my truck, behind the seat there is a tray, it has raised circles in it except for an area behind the drivers seat and it has 2 notches, it also has some indentations on the rear wall i i could never figure out what they were for. Here is a Pic.

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z28/alexkosterman/170a_4.jpg

then, a few weeks ago, i saw these pics on a dodge site, it was only availible from 2002-2003 but they kept the tray and wall design until 2008

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z28/alexkosterman/ToolBox-2.jpg
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z28/alexkosterman/100_1452.jpg

88Nightmare
05-16-2009, 06:18 PM
the entire engine in my blazer. its a 2.8 liter. not sure what its there for... it certainly doesnt make any power of any kind.......

Deggy
05-16-2009, 06:45 PM
the entire engine in my blazer. its a 2.8 liter. not sure what its there for... it certainly doesnt make any power of any kind.......

:rolf:rolf:rolf

Voodoo Chick
05-16-2009, 11:03 PM
These two weird pieces of rubber, not hoses, not weather strip, I don't know what the hell they are, that hang down off the hood of my Camaro. They are both about 12 inches long, don't go to anything, and are just up there with little clips. They are not for washer fluid, and they attach to the part of the hood nearest the windshield. I honestly don't know what they are. I will eventually just pull them off.

lordairgtar
05-16-2009, 11:45 PM
Maybe those are some kind of barrier to keep crap from going into the vents in front of the windshield when the hood is closed?

Voodoo Chick
05-17-2009, 12:59 AM
Maybe those are some kind of barrier to keep crap from going into the vents in front of the windshield when the hood is closed?

I have NO idea....They just hang there like two dead snakes. They are SOOOO getting plucked off.

TURTLE
05-17-2009, 08:38 AM
i've got a lucky nut in my driver's side strut tower... it's not attached to anything, but apparently it has special powers like giving a neon the ability to shatter an axle after driving on it for 100ft! :goof