PDA

View Full Version : Nothing like finding out your hometown may be responsible for your brain tumor....

Yooformula
05-16-2009, 12:54 AM
So ever since I got my brain tumor in November, its been eating me as to the cause of it, which nobody could tell me. Well tonight, I got an email from my brother about investigations that were done in my hometown,trying to find a link to the extremely high number of cancer/tumor victims.

It turns out a very LARGE number of the residents in my development have had either cancers or tumors between 1990-2009. So many cases have come to light that testing was being done to look into possible chemical/radiation leakage from the Dupont chemical company and Hercules power/chem plants. DuPont has been fined so many times for chem pollution its not even funny!:mad: From what my brother found out, a large # of current neighbors and past neighbors have been diagnosed with liver/pancreas/brain/lung cancers.

Fukkin maddening on so many levels! Nice to know $500k plus homes have 2 chem plants polluting the water/ground a few hundred yards away for our backyards.:fire

Silver86
05-16-2009, 01:14 AM
wow... where is this place?

88Nightmare
05-16-2009, 01:41 AM
leave it to the Newark, NJ area to ruin peoples lives.... fuckin armpit of america right there. Glad you are pulling through this yoo!

Smokey1226
05-16-2009, 01:46 AM
that is absolutely terrible. It makes you wonder without the technology we have no adays, how many people that would effect.

Reverend Cooper
05-16-2009, 02:18 AM
Thats like some shit you see on dateline,unreal bro,

lordairgtar
05-16-2009, 06:55 AM
I smell law suit! I would find out what law firm might be initiating this and get on board.

Holeshot
05-16-2009, 07:25 AM
That's just Fucking tragic. I hope one day you can find direct proof and get compensated.
Shit like this happens every day and we still put trust in the government , EPA we so hate.
When is this country wake up.

michelle
05-16-2009, 07:44 AM
That's horrible to hear.

juicedimpss
05-16-2009, 09:25 AM
damn,thats crazy news.

Nick
05-16-2009, 10:42 AM
DuPont has been well known for their inability to safely dispose of toxic substances. They have been sued for it in the past, and they should be sued again.

Yooformula
05-16-2009, 11:07 AM
Actaully it wasnt even close to the Newark area. Its in Sayreville(Parlin), a VERY nice place too. A woman exposed the story after her mother died of cancer then she was diagnosed then her father as well. She tried to get the town classified as a cancer area but for some reason proper studies werent done.....as in polling all residents and asking about health issues because not a single person on my block was ever interviewed and over HALF of my block alone has a form of cancer now.

Voodoo Chick
05-16-2009, 12:21 PM
Stuff like this is scary as hell.........The middle school I went to had an abnormally high rate of teachers/long-term staff that died of various cancers.....I mean VERY high rate, my friend's mother worked there in the office, and died of a very aggressive cancer, her brother developed pre-cancer skin lesions, and in about 1-2 years time, there were a number of other cancer deaths. The neighborhood around the area also saw an exceptionally high number of cases. I still don't know what the cause of all this actually was, rumors abound.

subliminal1284
05-16-2009, 01:32 PM
Someone probably paid alot of money to prevent those investigations from happening.

noeggs4u
05-16-2009, 01:49 PM
Thats very terrible to hear, hope you are doing well.

badass88gt
05-16-2009, 02:10 PM
Yoo, I know exactly how you feel. In 93 my dad had a brain tumor, like you he pulled through after being told he only has months left. After that, within the next few years it was discovered that 4 other people in his neighborhood also had tumors, and a couple more with various other cancers. Again, nothing has ever happened with the "cancer area". There is an electrical station of some sort 2 blocks away, I dont know if that is a cause or what.

Yooformula
05-16-2009, 04:08 PM
I just found out 278 cases in 14 years from my 8 block radius alone. I cant wait to watch the video investigation done on it.

88Nightmare
05-16-2009, 04:40 PM
I just found out 278 cases in 14 years from my 8 block radius alone.

holy shit. thats a pretty staggering number :stare

JOHN 86GT
05-16-2009, 04:44 PM
Anybody remember the movie A Civil Action?

SlowMotion
05-16-2009, 04:49 PM
I can remember the just of a story Erin Brokavich, delt with something of this nature, I hope those AHoles get exactly what they deserve, go get em Yoo!!!

noeggs4u
05-16-2009, 07:47 PM
I feel very bad because i work in the chemical industry and it so easy to dispose of chemical waste. I just heard of a company in milwaukee that was picking up haz waste and never got rid of it ,i think they had over 2500 drums in the building..DNR shut them down had many things stored together that never should been any where neer each other..Thank god they where caught...

noeggs4u
05-16-2009, 07:49 PM
sorry. near each other.. they are 81st and bradly

Al
05-16-2009, 09:41 PM
This is one of the reasons why I feel so strongly that we do NOT have complete control over our own health. (Prince Valliant knows where this is heading)

Sounds like DuPont wanted to save some money.
I'll refrain from saying more. . .it will get political and this thread will be moved.

Yooformula
05-16-2009, 10:38 PM
just got home and got 2 more emails from people, one of which a guy just had a brain tumor removed.....my age, lived 1 block over and grew up with us. Get this, his younger brother is now diagnosed as well with a tumor!!! The lady that lived next door to my house, her husband died years back from cancer, a new family moved in 15 yrs ago and now their son has cancer...same house twice in a row!! fukking disturbing shit and just makes my heart sink. I thought I would be glad to have a reason but this is rageful imo. I wonder if I would get jailtime for blowing up the dupont/hercules plants.

Holeshot
05-16-2009, 10:41 PM
Jesus Christ Yoosof You need to go to the media with this.Start with Fox 6 here and see if they can get hooked up with a sister station back home. Sounds like water soil sampling needs to be done big time.

lordairgtar
05-16-2009, 11:51 PM
I can remember the just of a story Erin Brokavich, delt with something of this nature, I hope those AHoles get exactly what they deserve, go get em Yoo!!!
Hexavalent Chromium....nasty stuff

Holeshot
05-16-2009, 11:56 PM
Corporate America Fucking the people again !!

TransAm12sec
05-17-2009, 01:09 AM
Anybody remember the movie A Civil Action?

My law teacher showed that movie in class and made some assignments from it. It showed the legal process fairly well, and was a good movie overall. I like how he gets the speeding ticket at the beginning of the movie.

Best of luck to anyone affected.

Al
05-18-2009, 03:56 AM
Corporate America Fucking the people again !!

But some say corporations are good! It's only money that they want.

Waver
05-18-2009, 06:44 AM
get a class action lawsuit going......sue those bastards.

Yooformula
05-18-2009, 10:42 AM
get a class action lawsuit going......sue those bastards.

some residents have tried and are still trying but its not easy to swing dicks with the largest chem company in the world like Dupont plus a half assed investigation was done with them QUICKLY saying it wasnt a cancer cluster area but according to the number of cases that are still emerging its kind of hard to believe that. Then from what I heard, the cases need to be the same kind of cancer for them to be able to pinpoint exactly what kind of exposure there was but I am not sure about that.

Nix
05-18-2009, 12:15 PM
Hexavalent Chromium....nasty stuff

There is actually a case in Missouri right now dealing with that shit just like in the Erin B movie as stated above.

I read that a tannery used that stuff in the process of removing the hair from the hides and then sold the sludge/by product off a fertalizer to local farmers and said it was safe. Well guess what? It wasnt and now people have a similar situation out there. Yoo, maybe look into that story and see if it could give you any ideas as to what to try and get a balling rolling? This is a current story going on right now as I said in Missouri.

Good luck man.

Just google Missouri tannery..

http://blogs.findlaw.com/injured/2009/04/missouri-lawsuit-tannery-sludge-caused-brain-tumors.html

84hurst
05-18-2009, 12:54 PM
Damn dude, sorry to hear that. Hopefully you have a lawyer, it sounds like you will need one. I agree, I'm sure it's gonna be hard as hell going after one of the largest corporations in the nation, if, of course, they are at fault. At least you already have a group of people that have been affected to help support these claims. Imagine if you had to try and fight DuPont all by yourself... Best of luck to you and keep us updated.