PDA

View Full Version : Don't look now

Karps TA
05-14-2009, 03:08 PM
But the Brewers have the 3rd best record in baseball right now.

Early, but nice to see. Amazing what Macha has been able to get out of this team compared to Yost with mostly the same pieces.

07ROUSHSTG3
05-14-2009, 03:25 PM
weren't the brewers in first place around this time last year with yost though?? not saying that macha isn't doing a great job, but lets see if he can keep them going, then i will say he is doing an "amazing" job compared to yost.

Lash
05-14-2009, 05:08 PM
It really has been great. But you also have to figure that the offense has been scoring a TON of runs. If the offense even slows down a little....they're gonna be in trouble. The starting pitchers are just barely holding it together.

Hopefully they can continue like this, though.

jbiscuit
05-14-2009, 07:53 PM
the bats are hot right now. Simple as that. The pitching is still giving up a lot of runs we are just hitting like mad right now to overcome that. Fun games to watch right now though thats for sure!!

Karps TA
05-14-2009, 08:13 PM
they aren't giving up that many runs. According to the stats they've given up 140 earned runs, best in the National leagues is the Mets at 130.

The thing that impresses me is they are winning games many different ways. Not just Prince and Braun doing it all. Every game it's someone new. Macha seems to be handling the pitching staff alot better then Yost. Although having a real closer is nice. I'll admit I wasn't too sure on Hoffman, but he's been awesome.

jbiscuit
05-14-2009, 08:23 PM
yea hoffman has been great so far!

Nix
05-14-2009, 08:55 PM
16-18 this time a year ago i believe? truer words were never spoke karp, regarding hoffman.:headbang

badass88gt
05-14-2009, 11:02 PM
weren't the brewers in first place around this time last year with yost though??

They are right now, well, tied. I'm just talking about the NL Central, not MLB though, not sure which you were talking about.

spindler27
05-15-2009, 12:26 PM
weren't the brewers in first place around this time last year with yost though?? not saying that macha isn't doing a great job, but lets see if he can keep them going, then i will say he is doing an "amazing" job compared to yost.

two years ago they started 26-10, i think that's what you were thinking of

spindler27
05-15-2009, 12:28 PM
they aren't giving up that many runs. According to the stats they've given up 140 earned runs, best in the National leagues is the Mets at 130.

The thing that impresses me is they are winning games many different ways. Not just Prince and Braun doing it all. Every game it's someone new. Macha seems to be handling the pitching staff alot better then Yost. Although having a real closer is nice. I'll admit I wasn't too sure on Hoffman, but he's been awesome.

hoffman's control right now is unbelievable

theavenger333
05-15-2009, 01:58 PM
gar don't you guys get it? seem to remember threads banning the brewers to purgatory like 2 damn weeks ago, i say give it time. now your saying "don't look now" BASEBALL IS RIDICULOUSLY SUPERSTITIOUS. instead of don't look now, how about DONT SAY ANYTHING NOW