PDA

View Full Version : Saw the STANMAN..I think?

MoCkiN U
05-13-2009, 01:46 PM
Was heading to work down 94 south and saw a bright white stang with red stripes heading toward me on other side. Saw the white wheels but the white shaker sticking through the hood made me think for sure had to be him and install must be done??

Voodoo Chick
05-13-2009, 02:55 PM
There is one twin of his car out there.......I saw it a few times and waved at the driver enthusiastically....then realized it was not him.....The twin has a silver pony on the grille, though......not the red/white/blue one.....It's still pretty, though....maybe a bit plainer.

MoCkiN U
05-13-2009, 03:26 PM
this one was in kenosha. thought about the clone but not so far south and with a white shaker????

SBC-Fox
05-13-2009, 03:53 PM
wrong the clone doesnt have white rims the stripes are super skinny wasnt it a v6 car to? if it had a white shaker it was for sure him cause it had to be custom painted

michelle
05-13-2009, 03:53 PM
He was on his way back, so most likely. The twin doesn't have the shaker hood. (:

GRAMPS SS
05-13-2009, 06:19 PM
prob was him...he text me around that time saying he was on his way home with the sizzler......

STANMAN
05-15-2009, 03:13 PM
Yeah, it was me, on my way back. Car was filthy, the rain followed me all the way here. Sorry about that everyone:rolf

STANMAN
05-15-2009, 03:15 PM
wrong the clone doesnt have white rims the stripes are super skinny wasnt it a v6 car to? if it had a white shaker it was for sure him cause it had to be custom painted

And of course it's painted, would you expect any different??:rolf

07ROUSHSTG3
05-15-2009, 03:23 PM
the real question is....could you hear him with that new speaker out the nose?

0TransAm0
05-15-2009, 03:29 PM
Yeah, it was me, on my way back. Car was filthy, the rain followed me all the way here. Sorry about that everyone:rolf

so how is the shaker? any power differance or just more noise and looks? got any pics of the install?

88Nightmare
05-15-2009, 03:37 PM
yes. pics!

STANMAN
05-15-2009, 05:54 PM
so how is the shaker? any power differance or just more noise and looks? got any pics of the install?

The power gains are there, about 1 more lb. of boost due to the shaker. I still have it scaled down so the motor doesn't pop though:rolf The noise is more prevelant, and will be more so when I take the water protection "sock" off the air filter. Here's some pics, not good ones, but pics:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y64/STANMAN74/FortWayneZooandsupershakerpics014.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y64/STANMAN74/FortWayneZooandsupershakerpics019.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y64/STANMAN74/FortWayneZooandsupershakerpics020.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y64/STANMAN74/FortWayneZooandsupershakerpics017.jpg

Z28Envy
05-15-2009, 06:05 PM
IMHO I'm not really feeling it. I think it messed up the look. Not trying to be a downer I just feel it looked better before. Maybe the pictures don't do it justice.

STANMAN
05-15-2009, 06:18 PM
IMHO I'm not really feeling it. I think it messed up the look. Not trying to be a downer I just feel it looked better before. Maybe the pictures don't do it justice.

Eventually everyone will see it in person, then you will be able to know if it's just the pics or if it did mess up the look.

0TransAm0
05-15-2009, 06:41 PM
i like it.. i remember you saying something about running the stripes on it also...i think you were talking about maybe doing that..anyways i wouldn't i think it looks good the way it is..

Squatch
05-15-2009, 06:59 PM
The car actually looks pretty damn good, I saw it yesterday.

Voodoo Chick
05-15-2009, 07:10 PM
I wouldn't necessarily say it "messed up" her looks....it just looks odd for now because it's new. Besides, does it add performance?? If so, that's all that really matters. She's a pretty little car.

michelle
05-15-2009, 07:17 PM
I see you picked up a new bike too! (:

STANMAN
05-15-2009, 08:37 PM
i like it.. i remember you saying something about running the stripes on it also...i think you were talking about maybe doing that..anyways i wouldn't i think it looks good the way it is..

Yeah, I was saying I wanted to see it first, and I agree, I like it just the way it is, adds a nice bit of white! And thanks for all the opinions (negative or positive)!!!

And yeah, my pink bike is the hawtness. I can ride it with no handlebars:rolf

1320PNY
05-15-2009, 09:48 PM
OK,

It's new, so we're MEN (girls you aren't as resistant to change) and we don't like it. But a GIRL (woman) pointed out that it adds power! And we know it sings, so just give it two weeks and YOU WILL LOVE IT!

I felt the same way when I did my White headlights and shorty chrome antenna. I almost barfed thinking about the time and money I wasted. I took it to Griffin Ford Show feeling pretty good about my changes at that point and Everybody LOVED it.

So, Bob, just give it two weeks, you'll be UBER HAPPY!

MoCkiN U
05-15-2009, 10:01 PM
hmmm. stanman, ever think about just painting red in the grooves between the ridges on the shaker? Would keep the red & white theme going. Not sure.

It does stick out but dont think in a bad way

STANMAN
05-15-2009, 10:52 PM
hmmm. stanman, ever think about just painting red in the grooves between the ridges on the shaker? Would keep the red & white theme going. Not sure.

It does stick out but dont think in a bad way

I thought about that, but I think that would be to much, and kind of break up the pattern. I don't know, I am liking it the way it is.

As a side note I did have to go back to stock motor mounts, because with the poly mounts there was no "shake" in the shaker, lol.

Squatch
05-17-2009, 09:27 AM
I thought about that, but I think that would be to much, and kind of break up the pattern. I don't know, I am liking it the way it is.

As a side note I did have to go back to stock motor mounts, because with the poly mounts there was no "shake" in the shaker, lol.

So it was really about the "shake"? I probably would have left the poly mounts, your getting gains and looks from the shaker, who really cares if it shakes. Id rather have better mounts.

Then again, you could use this as an exscuse to get a set of lumpy cams!! Then she will shake real nice!