PDA

View Full Version : opinions on home owner's insurance

Anakonda69
05-13-2009, 10:02 AM
who do you? do you like them?

situation is as follows: last summer guy claimed my dog bit his daughter. almost one year to the day later they file a suit against me. insurance says unless i get rid of the dog they are gonna drop me. not getting rid of the dog. so now i may be looking for a new insurance company.

pnad
05-13-2009, 02:48 PM
Question is, who do you have now so the rest of us can avoid them! :)

I am currently with State Auto through a local broker. Decent to deal with on a hail damage claim a few years back. $500 per year on a $130k house. $500 deductible and replacement cost on belongings.

dsireme
05-13-2009, 03:05 PM
I have General Causality. Good rates and coverage but I have never had to use them, so I can't say if they are any good or not for sure. :(

DCDZ28
05-13-2009, 03:11 PM
Have had Country Insurance for several years now. They insure our house cars, and toys. Have been very happy with their service and their rates are reasonable.
They do not have breed bans like some insurance companies do (we own a rottie)

Had a hail damage claim a few years ago and they were out to the house right away to assess the damage and cut us a check on the spot. We were the first ones on the block to have our house repaired!

We moved to WI from IL we were very happy when we found out that our agent was licensed in WI and we would not have to go through the hassle of finding new insurance.

juicedimpss
05-13-2009, 03:14 PM
i have farmers insurance as they are the only ones who i could find that would insure me with a rottweiler

Anakonda69
05-13-2009, 03:50 PM
i have state farm. auto coverage is awesome, homeowner's sucks. seems as though they aren't even gonna fight this dogbite. the marks my wife saw on the girl didn't even break the skin. not to mention i am getting jerked around with them on my garage fire.

07ROUSHSTG3
05-13-2009, 03:53 PM
i woulg get rid of the dog. a dog that bites is a huge liability in today's world.

Anakonda69
05-13-2009, 04:51 PM
he didn't bite, as cliche as that sounds. and even if he did i can't get rid of my dog cuz he bit a strange person entering his yard. kinda the natural instinct and one of the whole points of having a dog. it's kind of like asking me to get rid of one of my kids. i don't have kids so these are my kids right now.

nitroxtreme
05-13-2009, 05:37 PM
My uncle had the same problem a couple years ago.. The insurance company paid the claim and said he had to get rid of the dog, because they only cover 1 dog bite and then they would drop him if he didnt get rid of the dog. After doing some checking with the insurance, they said he could keep the dog but he would have to sign a waiver stating that the insurance company was not liable for any more dog bites with that dog...So you might want to check. i'm not sure on the insurance company....But I second farmers...Good rates but never had a claim..

Jsho13
05-13-2009, 06:07 PM
We are with Sentry Insurance currently and they just raised our premium $100 for no reason so now we are paying 650 a year. I just got a quote from All State with similar coverages for $350. I will be switching.

Holeshot
05-13-2009, 06:12 PM
Im surprised West Allis hasn't done what everyone else is with dog bites. Did they call the cops when he nipped her?

Anakonda69
05-14-2009, 12:56 PM
yeah the cops were there 10 minutes later. cop said the marks were consistant with a dog bite. lol