PDA

View Full Version : May 31 - Racing Specifics

PureSound15
05-13-2009, 07:24 AM
Here's the deal -

Let's all keep in mind that the entire reason that we're doing this show is so that we can all get together early in the year, meet some people in a unique atmosphere and most importantly - raise money for Yoosof

Regardless of the two racing events already scheduled at GLD - We will be able to race!

BUT - We will only get to run while they're on breaks and those who want to run might end up waiting for longer than usual. Sure - it might not be the best situation and GLD is struggling with it themselves as two events were scheduled on that day before our event was scheduled as well.

Before the show and before I hear any complaints at all... I want to make sure that everyone can be an adult and recognize that there is nothing that BCM or GLD can do if you have to wait a while to run your car that day.

Rather - focus on the goal of the vents and recognize that GLD is allowing us to take money in from their efforts and we get to have car show on the ground of a drag strip... pretty cool in my book.

I have heard complaints after every single show and while I recognize that there is always room for improvements - I will not let the goal of this show be lost in complaints.

Greg@GLD
05-13-2009, 07:48 AM
Great post Ryan.

I just want to add: I wasn't aware that Joel had been setting this event up. I found out after the fact. It never should have been scheduled on that day, and the person who set that date is no longer with GLD. I will accept responsibility for this anyway. I wish we could have picked a different day, but what is done is done.
We've always taken care of BCM, and we will host another "track day" this fall, just like we did last year.
But in the meantime, let's all do the best we can to help Ryan and Joel make this a great day for everybody. If you are just coming for the racing, then it's possible you might not be a happy camper, as there is a lot going on that day and you WILL have to wait during the qualifiers and elims. If you are attending in the spirit of what this event is all about, (To help Yoo and Debbie) then you'll likely have a GREAT time. Keep in mind also that there is an IMSM event going on that day, and it's very cool to watch, there's a lot of awesome cars. The car show aspect of this event should be totally unaffected by the other things going on also.

Let's have a good time and help Ryan and Joel put on a nice event.

Also, remember this- You are more than welcome to make donations directly to the family. Just give what you can to Ryan directly, and he'll make sure it gets to the Fazals.

juicedimpss
05-13-2009, 07:51 AM
thanks for the heads up guys.
I will be there to make a few hits as long as my junk isnt broken by then.

SSLEVO
05-13-2009, 09:13 AM
Eh, i kind of wanted to run but i'll come anyway and try to keep my mouth shut :goof

LIZMO
05-13-2009, 09:39 AM
ill run if my cars done..... ill wait all day. lol.

URLOZIN
05-13-2009, 03:04 PM
I wanna run. I have no problem waiting.

johnny--2k
05-13-2009, 03:20 PM
Is there an option to pay another fee to actually run not as part of the BCM day?

juicedimpss
05-13-2009, 03:21 PM
Is there an option to pay another fee to actually run not as part of the BCM day?

i think they have summit bracket races that day.

Nick
05-13-2009, 03:24 PM

:stare :stare

Maybe I took that the wrong way. If I did though, I'm sure other may have also.

johnny--2k
05-13-2009, 03:39 PM
no no, what I mean is, I would pay for the BCM show, but also pay for the Hot Rod Radio deal as well to run the car, IIRC they have a spearate entrance fee. I'd pay both if all the proceeds are still going to Yoo and Debbie.

Either way, I'm paying for the BCM part, dont worry about that. Hope you didn't think otherwise!

Nick
05-13-2009, 03:41 PM
To me it just came off like a personal gripe of sorts. I just wanted to clear it up in case others thought the same thing. I'm sure you wouldn't think like that.

johnny--2k
05-13-2009, 03:44 PM
I work eith Captain Bob from Hot Rod Radio, so the flyer he has here says $10 for the show, $5 goes to Yoo. Then it says $20 to run down the track, so if I pay $30 then I've covered the show, plus the run.

Now to clarify, if I just pay the $10 for the show, there will be free runs in the down time correct? I don't care either way, I'll pay the $30 if that's what it takes to guarantee a run. Not trying to ruffle feathers, just trying to clarify what I see on this flyer here and in the events section.

This flyer to be exact.....

http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=6198&d=1241188942

johnny--2k
05-13-2009, 03:45 PM
To me it just came off like a personal gripe of sorts. I just wanted to clear it up in case others thought the same thing. I'm sure you wouldn't think like that.

oh no way, nothing personal, just curious. I'm going to support Yoo and Deb all the way, just curious about the flyer since the post is contradictive to that or I'm misreading Ryans post....that's all :thumbsup

Nick
05-13-2009, 03:59 PM
Right on.

PureSound15
05-13-2009, 04:32 PM
Don't worry, You're not alone John.

There are some specifics to be worked out with whats on the flyer and what is actually happening. I just got off the phone and am working on it as I post.

nismodave
05-13-2009, 05:11 PM
Should I wait on posting the f;yer, until V2 is made?

johnny--2k
05-13-2009, 05:36 PM
ok, that's what I thought. Figured there was an error somewhere so that's what I wanted to clarify. Thanks for all your hard work on this though!!! Should be a fun time and for a great cause!

URLOZIN
05-20-2009, 07:53 PM
Don't worry, You're not alone John.

There are some specifics to be worked out with whats on the flyer and what is actually happening. I just got off the phone and am working on it as I post.
Are the specifics worked out? That's what I was asking in the other thread. Guess I should have put it here in the first place.

Plum Crazy
05-20-2009, 08:36 PM
depending on the temp that day, i may or maynot run.

PureSound15
05-20-2009, 08:43 PM
Are the specifics worked out? That's what I was asking in the other thread. Guess I should have put it here in the first place.

Everything is in this thread. What are you looking for?

Reverend Cooper
05-20-2009, 10:42 PM
Seems fine to me,You can go most any other day and run as much as you would like.Come to help a family that needs it,hang out with friends and look at some really cool cars. Pretty much the best day ever in my book. I will be handling any complaints out back.

Josepy
05-20-2009, 10:49 PM
Seems fine to me,You can go most any other day and run as much as you would like.Come to help a family that needs it,hang out with friends and look at some really cool cars. Pretty much the best day ever in my book. I will be handling any complaints out back.

x2

SSLEVO
05-20-2009, 11:42 PM
I got all the passes i could want tonight so thats out of my system, i hope i can make this one, sounds sweet!

URLOZIN
05-21-2009, 04:12 AM
Now to clarify, if I just pay the $10 for the show, there will be free runs in the down time correct? I don't care either way, I'll pay the $30 if that's what it takes to guarantee a run. Not trying to ruffle feathers, just trying to clarify what I see on this flyer here and in the events section.[/B]
This flyer to be exact.....

http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=6198&d=1241188942
This is what is confusing to me. Maybe I'm just missing something. idk. I agree with Jimmy MF'ing Johnson. I'm not complaining at all. I just want to figure out if I can pay extra to run more or not.

JMG853
05-21-2009, 08:03 AM
I sure hope that everyone attends.

This is pretty simple -

$10 dollar entry -- $5 goes to Yoo and $5 admission for Summit Racing
If you want to track your car, there is an additional cost on top of the $10 dollar entry. Note that you will be running after the Summit Series.

I have been promoting to the guys on my list, Wisconsin Hot Rod Radio (Captn Bob) has been promoting at all of the local car events and on the radio station.

Ryan T has placed threads here to get all BCM members involved.

Our goal is 400 cars. Together we should be able to make this happen for a good cause and have a lot of fun.

I hope that this helps and see you guys/gals next week.

Joel G

Daytonapacecar959
05-21-2009, 11:25 AM
I plan on showing up,maybe skip the racing and just hang out with everyone.
But,should i show up with all the rubber down the sides of the car that my lazy ass hasn't cleaned off from the last time to the track?:durr

PureSound15
05-21-2009, 11:35 AM
This is what is confusing to me. Maybe I'm just missing something. idk. I agree with Jimmy MF'ing Johnson. I'm not complaining at all. I just want to figure out if I can pay extra to run more or not.

Here' is what we have worked out with GLD -

We will be able to run inbetween some of the races of the Summit series - But it will be much easier once that racing is done and we can run all we want after that.

johnny--2k
05-21-2009, 11:46 AM
and that's for the straight $10 correct?

SSLEVO
05-21-2009, 12:13 PM
I sure hope that everyone attends.

This is pretty simple -

$10 dollar entry -- $5 goes to Yoo and $5 admission for Summit Racing
If you want to track your car, there is an additional cost on top of the $10 dollar entry. Note that you will be running after the Summit Series.

I have been promoting to the guys on my list, Wisconsin Hot Rod Radio (Captn Bob) has been promoting at all of the local car events and on the radio station.

Ryan T has placed threads here to get all BCM members involved.

Our goal is 400 cars. Together we should be able to make this happen for a good cause and have a lot of fun.

I hope that this helps and see you guys/gals next week.

Joel G

lol

WhatsADSM
05-21-2009, 12:21 PM

Think of it this way:
$10 for just the show
$20 if for the show and a pass or 2 after the summit series stuff is over.

You can't pay any extra to get any more runs in though. $20 and you get as many runs as you get.

03CVLX
05-21-2009, 12:26 PM
I think its $10+20=$30 for show + Racing(if the flyer in the other thread is still accurate) but its still VERY worth it.

I might race once I see how busy it is. Afterall I only have a stock Crown Vic.

Anyways, I will definitely be there, and I will be there early to help out and get cars parked etc.

WhatsADSM
05-21-2009, 12:36 PM
I think its $10+20=$30 for show + Racing(if the flyer in the other thread is still accurate) but its still VERY worth it.

I might race once I see how busy it is. Afterall I only have a stock Crown Vic.

Anyways, I will definitely be there, and I will be there early to help out and get cars parked etc.

My mistake, yup looked back at the flyer and I would agree. 10 for show, 30 for race.

Irish
05-21-2009, 12:46 PM
seems fine to me,you can go most any other day and run as much as you would like.come to help a family that needs it,hang out with friends and look at some really cool cars. Pretty much the best day ever in my book. I will be handling any complaints out back.

x3

johnny--2k
05-21-2009, 12:47 PM
ok, that's all I needed to clarify.

See you all there!

URLOZIN
05-21-2009, 01:19 PM
ok, that's all I needed to clarify.

See you all there!
Me too. Thanks!

Reverend Cooper
05-21-2009, 06:43 PM
Ryan it appears at tho we need 3 shirts,Complaint Dept. on the front.

Squatch
05-21-2009, 07:06 PM
Wow, im surrounded by tough guys..... :rolleyes:

If people dont have a good time, they dont have a good time. People will always bitch about things if its not the way THEY would do it. Its life and to be expected.

URLOZIN
05-21-2009, 07:09 PM
Ryan it appears at tho we need 3 shirts,Complaint Dept. on the front.
And who would that be?

Goat Roper
05-27-2009, 02:34 PM
FYI I have firmed up Andrea as the other model for the event. Andrea being the girl in my sig.

Oops, just saw this is the racing thread.

Irish
05-27-2009, 03:39 PM
Wow, im surrounded by tough guys..... :rolleyes:

If people dont have a good time, they dont have a good time. People will always bitch about things if its not the way THEY would do it. Its life and to be expected.

You must not be a tough guy. I'm sorry. :rolleyes:

wheelsofsteel
05-27-2009, 05:59 PM
This maybe posted elsewhere in another forum topic although I could not locate it.

What part of the GLD grounds is the show going to be held?? Inside the pits behind the gazebo or ???

Thank you