PDA

View Full Version : NHRA race in Joliet

u_say_go
05-12-2009, 11:06 AM
any of you guys ever been there? we're thinking of going June 6th. tickets usually available at the gate the morning of the race or is it best to get them in advance?

jbiscuit
05-12-2009, 11:10 AM
Can't wait!! It was a blast last year. We got ours in advance through my work.

chargedformula
05-12-2009, 11:12 AM
i have gone for the past 5 years. top fuel is something you have to see at least once in your lifetime. we have bought them at the gate and bought them ahead of time. we get there an hour before start on the final day and always can get tickets. but i would suggest buying them ahead of time. especially if you are going with a group of people so you can get seats together, often times ours were split up a little. the track is awesome and would love to take my car there sometime (i would hate the tow home though if something breaks) the best part is walking around in the pits when they fire the nitro cars up, makes your eyes burn. i will be going again this year on the 7th. its too bad the power tour is coming the same day.

u_say_go
05-12-2009, 11:20 AM
that's what I hear....it's something you have to see, hear, and feel at least once.
We're going on Saturday, hoping we can get tickets at the gate and they're not split up. Not buying them in advance cuz we're not sure how many people are going.

Got Boost
05-12-2009, 11:38 AM
If you go on Saturday tickets are not a problem .. Stands are only half full ....just get the cheapest ones on the pit side , then you wont be walking from pits to your seat

badass88gt
05-12-2009, 12:41 PM
We used to go when I watched NHRA a few years ago. Havent been there in about 3 years since it doesnt really interest me anymore, but it is definately an intense experience standing at the line when they launch. Be prepared for $$$ everything. Its still a good time.

70 cutlass 442
05-12-2009, 02:46 PM
we have our tickets for the 6th already.... TV just doesnt do justice!

Karps TA
05-12-2009, 03:05 PM
I've gone once and it was by far the coolest motorsports event I've ever been to. I'd love to go again someday. Even the women who went who are not into that stuff at all loved it. Although I think the vibrations affect them a little differently then it does the guys.

whistlin six
05-12-2009, 05:04 PM
One of my favorite tracks :thumbsup

Any BCM'ers should stop by and say hi, I'll be working in Bob Bodes
funny car pit. If I'm not too busy I'll show you around.

Leaving for Bristol race tomorrow evening, never been there and
looking forward to it. Thunder Valley!!!

BigBlackZ71
05-13-2009, 09:31 AM
I will be there all day Friday representing Late Model Throttle. We get there about 7 am and make breakfast on the grill, and crack our first beers of the day

limpimpg
05-13-2009, 07:22 PM
yes i taken guys who watched on tv never been to a nhra event . being in the stands and feel the power down the track. awsome!!! they are hooked now. bring plenty of $$$ or the evil plastic.you will need it. if want to save cash bring grill and cooler.

70 cutlass 442
05-14-2009, 02:02 AM
One of my favorite tracks :thumbsup

Any BCM'ers should stop by and say hi, I'll be working in Bob Bodes
funny car pit. If I'm not too busy I'll show you around.

Leaving for Bristol race tomorrow evening, never been there and
looking forward to it. Thunder Valley!!!

We will deffintaly be stopping by, who do we ask for??

BigBlackZ71
05-14-2009, 04:26 PM
yes i taken guys who watched on tv never been to a nhra event . being in the stands and feel the power down the track. awsome!!! they are hooked now. bring plenty of $$$ or the evil plastic.you will need it. if want to save cash bring grill and cooler.

True that, I go with a group of ten people and we go to Sams club and buy beer, brats, burgers, chips, etc, etc and so on, then we buy tickets at the gate. add all the costs and it usually come out to about $70 a person all you can eat, drink, and ticket in the race. We just go back to the car to eat and drink.

whistlin six
05-19-2009, 08:57 AM
We will deffintaly be stopping by, who do we ask for??

Go to www.bobbode.com my pics are on there, I'm Mike D.

Just give me a shout when you see me or ask one of the crew guys.

Anyone is welcome to stop by and I'll do my best to give you a tour.
Please use discretion though if we're busy servicing the car. The best time
to visit would be early before first round, I'm usually caught up at that time, or after second round is over.