PDA

View Full Version : Most vile thing found.....

Gregor
05-11-2009, 05:11 PM
I have found the most vile substance in the world. And the entire floor of my Mustang is caked with it. The PO decided that in order to prevent rust on the floors he would spray in a non drying rust preventive coating. In the few years that I have been in the Mustang hobby I have NEVER had to deal with this stuff. It laughs at acetone, carb spray, wax and grease remover, pre clean and it gums up wire brushes.

It makes the sound deadening removal in late models look like a walk in the park. I have alot of work ahead of me with this stuff. the only thing that works is heat and alot of it. The only problem with this is I am sure the fumes that it give off has to be toxic as hell. So it looks like I am off to buy a resperator any suggestions? Anyone wanna help....:puke

DRK
05-11-2009, 06:17 PM
If it's yellow it's probably WK seal out. I'd call them and see what they recommend for removing it

W K Products, Inc.

Address: 14870 W. Signet Ln., New Berlin, Wisconsin 53151, USA
Phone: +1-(262)-784-4442

Gregor
05-11-2009, 06:57 PM
oh no its black like tar.

TheRX7Project
05-11-2009, 07:11 PM
It probably IS tar... roofing tar...

Or maybe POR-15?

That_Guy
05-11-2009, 07:12 PM
oh no its black like tar.

gasoline ..? mineral spirits... is always a good fall back..

MurphysLaw88GT
05-11-2009, 07:19 PM
fire?

Nix
05-11-2009, 07:22 PM
put the carpet back down and make like you never saw it. pics? what year is it, just curious.

Voodoo Chick
05-11-2009, 10:12 PM
Have you tried an acid to remove it yet?

Russ Jerome
05-11-2009, 10:47 PM
You said "vile", freind of mine left a deer hide freshly dressed
in the trunk of an Impalla. the next summer it was so ripe
it took 3 different attempts to junk it before a guy took it
for free...........dead deer in trunk for 6 months, thats vile.

Voodoo Chick
05-11-2009, 10:52 PM

WHY did he do this???? :stare

lordairgtar
05-11-2009, 10:57 PM
Try caustic soda, but don't let it sit on bare metal for long. Or you could spray it liberally with Castrol Super Clean and see if that breaks it up, but again, don't let that sit on bare metal for any length of time. Stuff will eat through aluminum. Another thing would be tar remover.

Russ Jerome
05-12-2009, 04:40 PM
WHY did he do this???? :stare

When you process a deer some places ask if you want the
"cape" back, basicaly a quickly skinned hide with LOTS of
meat/fat on it. He did....and forgot! Its a great story I've
heard 100 times but never gets old. Something about the
first junk guy walking up to car and asking if there was a
dead body in it and leaving.

Gregor
05-12-2009, 07:55 PM

I would take that Pepsi challange any day of the week.

Try caustic soda, but don't let it sit on bare metal for long. Or you could spray it liberally with Castrol Super Clean and see if that breaks it up, but again, don't let that sit on bare metal for any length of time. Stuff will eat through aluminum. Another thing would be tar remover.

I tried tar remover, and Super clean after it sat over night, full strength. Didn't even touch it. Same with simple green. I am going to try Oven cleaner next.

GTSLOW
05-12-2009, 08:07 PM
Napalm? Hand Grenade? Dynamite? :goof j/k Good luck is about all I can say! I would definitely buy a respirator.

Gregor
05-21-2009, 10:03 PM
Found the stuff that removes the "undercoating". I ended up using ovencleaner. So now my Mustang smells lemon fresh. So I figured I was out of trouble and could start to see the light at the end of the tunnel when Krama rears its ugly head and gives me a bad valvebody casting. So now I need to find a new valvebody to install my shift kit in.

I am beginning to think I did something REALLY bad in a past life.

Voodoo Chick
05-21-2009, 11:28 PM
Lemon-fresh Mustang, LOL! You probably didn't do ANYTHING bad, cars are just mean-spirited, and have wicked souls.....they like to see us suffer!!

lordairgtar
05-22-2009, 12:03 AM
Well, I'm glad you found a product that worked. I've used that to remove paint from model cars.