PDA

View Full Version : Auto and Renter's Insurance

73Dustr
05-11-2009, 04:37 PM
Well, I am finally moving out on my own and am shopping around for auto and renter's insurance. Currently, I have American family for my car under my parent's plan. We have had some claims with them over the years, and they have always handled issues. I was able to get some cheaper quotes through other places, but was wondering if people can explain both good/bad experiences with different providers. Thanks in advance.

pashtrd
05-11-2009, 07:50 PM
I have AAA for my renters and auto insurance. They give alot of great discounts, They actually saved me double the membership cost by getting the renters ins through them. My insurance is cheaper now with renters ins and the membership premium, than it was before I became a member. That and they have what hthey call EFT. my monthly premium comes right out of my checking account the 4th of every month.

nitrous
05-11-2009, 07:59 PM
I have State Farm and have had them since I got my first vehicle 7 years ago. Always have had great service. I also have them for homeowner's insurance. I recently went to AAA and next year I am switching to them when my last ticket from nearly 5 years ago drops from my current record. They are going to save me approximately $100 every 6 months if I kept the same limits.

JC70SS
05-11-2009, 09:45 PM
send me a pm if serious, I can get you a quote for many companies through my brother.

shoooo32
05-11-2009, 10:15 PM
x2 for AAA. Rates are reasonable and the service is great. The membership comes in handy too. A free tow every now and again makes up for the few dollars a month I could save with an online agent.

lordairgtar
05-11-2009, 11:00 PM
I use Allied which is part of Nationwide and I get good service from them for my car. I really should get renters insurance though.

Stangman98
05-12-2009, 12:07 AM
American Family gets my vote. Had them for almost 17 years. Not the cheapest, but great customer service and they are headquarter locally

michelle
05-12-2009, 06:56 AM
Use American Family for both. Other companies couldn't touch my rates, plus AmFam never noticed my two speeding tickets 3 years ago and any new company I got quotes for did, so they couldn't compete with AmFam. My local agent is a few miles away and his assistant has been super helpful if I ever needed to call.

73Dustr
05-12-2009, 02:21 PM
Thanks for all the input. My family has had American Family for 7 or 8 years now and has never really had any issues with claims or anything. Comparing prices, Geico was significantly cheaper on the auto and would save me $300 annually.

dsireme
05-12-2009, 02:31 PM
I actually use an independent agent who works with several different agencies. I have a different insurance company for my car and house than I do for my motorcycle. General Casualty is my main one but you have to be at least 25 to insure with them.

If your interested you can call them and get a quote. MacGillis Agency 262-790-0000, Very nice people to work with.