Cryptic
03-23-2004, 11:43 PM
congrats ! :headbang

Yooformula
03-23-2004, 11:54 PM
Sweet!!

SMS 1
03-24-2004, 12:17 AM
Sweet huffer man! I'd like to hear that spool up . . .

All I could afford was this from some Honda guy. He said it was worth 700Whp!
http://www.av1.homestead.com/misc/dryer.jpg

I think maybe he meant 700 Watt Heating Power though :rolleyes:

jbiscuit
03-24-2004, 09:29 AM
WOW, nice huffer man. Congrats on the purchase

GRNDNL
03-24-2004, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by scubastang
sc61 .81 a/r....uses GT series turbine...good spool and I really like the characteristics of the compressor map! Its gonna be a fun summer!

about 700 hp capable. :devil

got a smoking deal and couldn't pass it up

Very cool, that GT stuff kicks butt......

I've got a new toy also, no more little baby turbo for me.....:rockwoot:

http://a2.cpimg.com/image/AE/2E/30420142-4c4c-028001E0-.jpg

PT70GTQ.....capable of.....:shades....ahhh....785HP.....:D

I expect to be well into the 12s this year....:headbang

Cryptic
03-24-2004, 10:28 AM
baby turbo :stare

CruxGNZ
03-24-2004, 11:23 AM
Damn! So Keith, tell me about your "baby turbo". Is it for sale?:D

Nice new turbo:rockwoot:

!M!

GRNDNL
03-24-2004, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Mat73GNZ
Damn! So Keith, tell me about your "baby turbo". Is it for sale?:D

Nice new turbo:rockwoot:

!M!

Sold it a couple of months ago, I had a PTE54, very nice turbo, I know for a fact that at a 585hp rating it was under rated. It was the biggest small shaft (cheap) turbo you can buy. In your car a 54 with a 3200 stall and ported heads would get you 130-135 in the quarter with good street manors.....:haveabeer

Sorry Scuba, Didn't mean to steal your tread...:(....Whats that turbo going on?.....You going to be ready for our "little" meeting with the Beeeeehonda boys in April?......

scubastang
03-24-2004, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by GRNDNL
Sold it a couple of months ago, I had a PTE54, very nice turbo, I know for a fact that at a 585hp rating it was under rated. It was the biggest small shaft (cheap) turbo you can buy. In your car a 54 with a 3200 stall and ported heads would get you 130-135 in the quarter with good street manors.....:haveabeer

Sorry Scuba, Didn't mean to steal your tread...:(....Whats that turbo going on?.....You going to be ready for our "little" meeting with the Beeeeehonda boys in April?......

I would say 130 depending on weight. For a 3000lbs car you generally need about 550 rwhp to go 130s consitently.

I thought about getting the pt70gtq but wasn't right for my application (ie too much). Did you get the HPS cover...its sounds a lot better with it on there. Its funny too that garret has a agreement with precision so you can't get the maps for those turbos, even the GTS model which I think is kinda stupid.

I bought this lil guy b4 I sold my fox a month ago. I had collected some parts (wastegate, injectors, some cold side parts, bov, maf etc) but sold the car for reasons i shouldn't have no i have to find another car lol damnit.

I take it your's is going on the GN? GOod stuff. You running meth inject or anything else? Whats your combo? SHould be sweet and I hope to god you are kidding about the 12s lol or else you get a swift :nutkick

:goof

CruxGNZ
03-24-2004, 12:47 PM
Yeah, sorry Scuba.

My '73 Z weighs 2380 lbs. with 5/8 tank of fuel. With me in it, just over 2500 lbs. ready to go. It's going to get lighter with fiberglass hood, fenders, doors and possibly hatch:D :3gears: I hope the six point cage doesn't add to much.

!M!

BAD LS1
03-24-2004, 01:07 PM
sc61 .81 a/r....uses GT series turbine...good spool and I really like the characteristics of the compressor map! Its gonna be a fun summer!

about 700 hp capable. :devil

got a smoking deal and couldn't pass it up

Is that a T3 flange i see on there???:devil

Is it standard bearing or ball bearing???

Is that internal wastegate or external?

That inducer is focking huge!!! gott have sign near the air intake, keep small animals and children away from front of car while running.

Tommy

BAD LS1
03-24-2004, 01:09 PM
Very cool, that GT stuff kicks butt......

I've got a new toy also, no more little baby turbo for me.....:rockwoot:

http://a2.cpimg.com/image/AE/2E/30420142-4c4c-028001E0-.jpg

PT70GTQ.....capable of.....:shades....ahhh....785HP.....:D

I expect to be well into the 12s this year....:headbang

Thats a non water cooled center section right?

GRNDNL
03-24-2004, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by BADDLS1SS
Thats a non water cooled center section right?

Don't need them on the GNs......Its a "stock" replacement turbo.....;)

GRNDNL
03-24-2004, 02:34 PM
I would say 130 depending on weight. For a 3000lbs car you generally need about 550 rwhp to go 130s consitently.

I thought about getting the pt70gtq but wasn't right for my application (ie too much). Did you get the HPS cover...its sounds a lot better with it on there. Its funny too that garret has a agreement with precision so you can't get the maps for those turbos, even the GTS model which I think is kinda stupid.

I bought this lil guy b4 I sold my fox a month ago. I had collected some parts (wastegate, injectors, some cold side parts, bov, maf etc) but sold the car for reasons i shouldn't have no i have to find another car lol damnit.

I take it your's is going on the GN? GOod stuff. You running meth inject or anything else? Whats your combo? SHould be sweet and I hope to god you are kidding about the 12s lol or else you get a swift :nutkick :goof

You know way more about this stuff than I do...:thumbsup ...HPS cover I'm assssuming that your talking about the ported shroud cover.....I run a heads up class (TSM), they only allow the standard 4" in, 3" out cover. I also have to run a 3 bolt turbine housing (I'm using stock headers anyway), I've got a .63 housing on it now, I'm worried about spooling it and cutting a light on a pro-tree, I'm probably going to go to a .85 housing when I get everything figured out..... No meth or anything, just 116....

My combo is mostly stock parts with some porting and grinding and a few bolt-ons, Turbo, Intercooler, Injectors, ect.......I'm dead serious.....;)

I thought 12s was good.....:durr

scubastang
03-24-2004, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by BADDLS1SS
Is that a T3 flange i see on there???:devil

Is it standard bearing or ball bearing???

Is that internal wastegate or external?

That inducer is focking huge!!! gott have sign near the air intake, keep small animals and children away from front of car while running.

Tommy

lol thanks tommy...I'll have to keep my cat away from it -- he could get sucked right in there! Ohh come on now, theres 4 bolts cant you see em :durr

Its a standard bearing 76 "p" trim, tang houseing and vband discharge. I might sell if depending on my next ride and switch to a on center t66 style 4 bolt as its easier to work with for accessories. Also with the new wheels out I don't see the necesity for BB cause of the cost (only ricers like to say i have a "ball bearing" turbo. Its really only useful IMO if you are impatient and don't like to let the turbo cool down i.e. help bearing life. Its also a external wastegate. I have a tial 44mm. Nice stuff.

scubastang
03-24-2004, 11:14 PM
You know way more about this stuff than I do...:thumbsup ...HPS cover I'm assssuming that your talking about the ported shroud cover.....I run a heads up class (TSM), they only allow the standard 4" in, 3" out cover. I also have to run a 3 bolt turbine housing (I'm using stock headers anyway), I've got a .63 housing on it now, I'm worried about spooling it and cutting a light on a pro-tree, I'm probably going to go to a .85 housing when I get everything figured out..... No meth or anything, just 116....

My combo is mostly stock parts with some porting and grinding and a few bolt-ons, Turbo, Intercooler, Injectors, ect.......I'm dead serious.....;)

I thought 12s was good.....:durr

the cover I was asking about was the upgrade anti surge cover you can get. What is "TSM" btw? 116, damn you GN guys are always running that stuff or meth/alky inject ;). No wonder you can run 20+psi

My goals by the end of this year are a 400rwhp on 93 and 500+ on a 110/93 mix....and try and keep the stock block alive heh ;). :durr .......

I went to Denver last month and my cousin uses 75% meth inject it and I really want to give a a try. Hes running about 9-10 psi intercooled on 93 and can run about 13-15psi depending on the stuff and he says his intake is cool to the touch at the end of a 4th gear highway pull woo woo!

YOu have any problems with the typical 80K GN header crack ony our stock header? I usually see it where the primary tubes go into the logs....can't stand the heat baby !

ohh yeah get a 4bolt you wussy :goof

GRNDNL
03-25-2004, 12:38 AM
Turbo Street Modified..7 race points series for Turbo Buicks a couple of guys put together a few years ago, had 28 cars last year in Bowling Green. Heres (http://www.gnttype.org/tsm/) the rules and info on it. I'm just mid pack, a round or two then out but I have a blast going to the events.

I have never seen a drivers header that wasn't cracked, I can fix it so it won't crack in the v again. My headers are pretty much junk, every time I pull them seems that we weld them in 3 or 4 places on each side. There isn't a good set of aftermarket Headers out there yet, I've heard theres a few people working on them.

My factory stock motor, heads and intake were never off, I ran 30+psi (Gauge only went to 30..:confused ..) for 2 years, was still running great when I pulled it. Hell, 20 Psi is just a warm-up lap..;)

Yup, I'm the wussy that beats up on the little boys with Hondas..:D

Syclone0044
03-25-2004, 02:04 AM
Scubastang I don't know if you're familiar with my truck but I put methanol injection on my Syclone last year with the SMC alcohol kit and it performs beyond my wildest expectations.. 23 PSI on straight 93 pump gas (I have trouble with the stock 15 PSI on 93 octane with the alky turned off) and I also turn my timing up a significant amount on the alcohol! It cools INCREDIBLE, you can get your intake manifold colder than the air outside. The stuff is so good I don't run race gas at all anymore, the methanol releases a small amount of oxygen in addition to being very cool and high in octane. I'm actually looking at putting in a 5 gallon fuel cell just for the methanol. It's really the bomb!! And the best part is the way it looks when it burns! --->

http://s95370645.onlinehome.us/syclone/files/methanol_burn1.jpg

Here's a comparison between Methanol (Left) and Isopropyl Alcohol (Right):
http://s95370645.onlinehome.us/syclone/files/methanol_burn2.jpg

You can really tell which one burns cooler!! No part of my driveway was harmed in the making of these photos! (A guy does have to conduct scientific experiments, right?? :goof )

SSmike1
03-25-2004, 01:54 PM
Awesome
not that is something i would do!

how do you know? until ya test it?
:banana