PDA

View Full Version : Any Customer Service Jobs out there???

Feature Pony
05-08-2009, 11:56 AM
My Wife is looking for a new job she has been in a customer related field for 8+ years now, call center environment for 6 years and was also a supervisor in this call center. She can't stand her new job (no raise in 2 years and other employees aren't doing their job and she is suck with the mess and management does nothing about it) and is looking for something else that will pay good and have good benifits. If you know anything let me know I will pass it on to her. Thanks.:thumbsup

0TransAm0
05-08-2009, 02:13 PM
what location?

domokun
05-08-2009, 02:27 PM
I might be able to get her into a AT&T call center. the building I work at, the call center employees start at 22.92, free good benefits ( yes free, and you get them right when hired ) and 2 weeks of vacation after 6 months.

let me know if interested

88Nightmare
05-08-2009, 02:31 PM
22.92 for a non-government customer service job? I'm raising the BS flag on that. Theres people in other various skilled trades that don't earn that much.

0TransAm0
05-08-2009, 02:35 PM
22.92 for a non-government customer service job? I'm raising the BS flag on that. Theres people in other various skilled trades that don't earn that much.

x2 and don't forget the FREE beni's shit how do i apply?

88Nightmare
05-08-2009, 02:46 PM
My mother's been in customer service jobs for as long as I can remember.... She has done a lot of customer service jobs for the airlines as well. To kind of outline a timeline, she worked for Pan-Am Airlines back before they went bankrupt. When she worked at Pan-Am, she was unionized and still didn't make huge coin like that. Granted that was over 20 years ago, but still, if you would compare her wages back then to now with inflation factored in, there's no way in hell it was $22 an hour

lordairgtar
05-08-2009, 11:52 PM
I might be able to get her into a AT&T call center. the building I work at, the call center employees start at 22.92, free good benefits ( yes free, and you get them right when hired ) and 2 weeks of vacation after 6 months.

What? AT&T hasn't discovered India yet?

GRAMPS SS
05-09-2009, 07:24 AM

thats $47673.60 a year...and more with OT.....hell i know nurses right out of college and some teachers that aren't making that kind of cash...i'm sending them your way for a job...hell i'll do it part time for extra pocket cash...that way MAYBE i'll be able to move from the QUEER into a BMW SUV...

domokun
05-09-2009, 09:17 AM
actually, thats not BS at all ;) if you want to call bs, thats fine with me. I know what they get paid and are very happy with it. btw this is on the uverse technical side.. no sales, not billing etc

let me find out CL add that we had up for awhile.

they offer it to you as 916.80 a WEEK. so you do the math.

why do you think AT&T and our union is at such a long hold for our new contract (benefits)

xFullThrottlex
05-09-2009, 11:28 PM

im down:thumbsup

GRAMPS SS
05-10-2009, 12:25 AM
actually, thats not BS at all ;) if you want to call bs, thats fine with me. I know what they get paid and are very happy with it. btw this is on the uverse technical side.. no sales, not billing etc

why do you think AT&T and our union is at such a long hold for our new contract (benefits)

i just find it funny that a NURSE or TEACHER gets paid less with a degree ...LIKE i said..i'll take a part time job with that pay,....AT&T or not...no billing no sales...just to tell yea that your service is down....next time i call i'll just say thanks...for the money your making all you can say is " you can't put in my cable but have someone at my house for over 8 hours....thats rith 8 hours in my house to just put in internet..." i bet he makes 60.00 an hour....:thumbsup

team beater
05-10-2009, 11:24 AM

x2 att pays ridiculous, that's union for you

Feature Pony
05-11-2009, 09:21 AM
what location?

Milwaukee/waukesha

wrath
05-11-2009, 12:40 PM
i just find it funny that a NURSE or TEACHER gets paid less with a degree ...LIKE i said..i'll take a part time job with that pay,....AT&T or not...no billing no sales...just to tell yea that your service is down....next time i call i'll just say thanks...for the money your making all you can say is " you can't put in my cable but have someone at my house for over 8 hours....thats rith 8 hours in my house to just put in internet..." i bet he makes 60.00 an hour....:thumbsup

That's because they let themselves get paid that. Being a teacher has some nice perks.

The work that goes into putting uverse in at your house is a lot more difficult than plugging in a toaster.

Undertaker
05-11-2009, 12:44 PM
Kohl's Call Center is always hiring too right off of Silver Spring/Lily. Could help out as well.

03Seville
05-12-2009, 09:02 PM
That does seem a bit ridiculous for starting pay w/o any degree.

Time Warner starts at about half of that for the same position... from what I recall anyway.