PDA

View Full Version : Target practice

Korndogg
05-07-2009, 04:14 PM
Ok so me and a friend are going up to his land in Necedah and he has about an acre or so. I was planning on taking my .45 up there to do some shooting. There are houses on either side of him but his land is kind of skinny and goes back a ways and its all woods. Is it legal for me to shoot there? There is nothing behind where we were planning on shooting. Don't I just have to be away from the road and thats pretty much it or what? I don't really feel like getting hassled by the cops up there that have nothing to do.

Rocket Power
05-07-2009, 05:33 PM
Shoot fast and be done when they get there:rolf
You may just want to mention to the neighbors what you'll be doing, because you'll get hassled if they call. Gives them a heads up and that will let you know if it'll be a problem with them

That_Guy
05-07-2009, 08:25 PM
use the neighbors for target practice then you wont get any hassling calls to the police.

when we shoot out at my house "we have 45 acres" i still call the neighboring land owners to give them a heads up its just nice thing to do.

Korndogg
05-07-2009, 08:40 PM
yeah thats what we were planning on doing anyway....but Im wondering if theres anything actually illegal about it? I don't care if cops tell me to stop, thats fine. I just dont want a fine or some other crap happening.

Lash
05-07-2009, 08:42 PM
An acre is relly that big at all...lol. Thats gonna be loud as shit in their house.

You'd have to check with the city to see if it's legal or not. Every town, village, city, county, ....... is different.

Korndogg
05-07-2009, 08:45 PM
i know its not big. its just long. and theres woods behind it so its a perfect place besides the houses on the sides. the houses arent like right next to his place either tho.