PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Cheap lawn tractor parts source

Rocket Power
05-03-2009, 03:35 PM
Anyone know of a source for cheap lawn tractor parts? My 2 year old Toro just blew the pto clutch so now I have a 22 horse go cart, since it can't mow grass:fire .
2 of the 3 blade spindles ended up being frozen and after trying to engage the blades a few times it ended up snapping the straps connecting the parts of the clutch.
I looked it up and through Toro it's over 300 bucks, and I dont have that laying around.
The toro number is 112-0913, the number on the clutch is Warner Electric 5219-64

lordairgtar
05-03-2009, 04:57 PM
Anyone know of a source for cheap lawn tractor parts? My 2 year old Toro just blew the pto clutch so now I have a 22 horse go cart, since it can't mow grass:fire .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BeGJRw4tBM&feature=related

GRAMPS SS
05-03-2009, 06:00 PM
look in you neighbors garage Jamie...you may find what you need plus more :thumbsup

Rocket Power
05-03-2009, 06:08 PM
look in you neighbors garage Jamie...you may find what you need plus more :thumbsup

:rolf
I have the best mower on my block, I don't wanna downgrade:goof

0TransAm0
05-03-2009, 06:19 PM
it may be out of your way but on hwy G (6mile) in caladonia thier is a tractor/mower place..its right by the caladonia police dept. i think its called gast and sons..im not 100% sure tho.

Memphis
05-03-2009, 09:12 PM
Gast = expensive.

Shoot me a picture of it, I may have something on one of my many machines here.

0TransAm0
05-03-2009, 09:16 PM
Gast = expensive.

Shoot me a picture of it, I may have something on one of my many machines here.

i didn't think they were too expensive..i got some parts for a mini bike awhile ago..well i guess it has been about 10 years....but the prices wern't THAT bad. and they have tons of used stuff you could get...

Rocket Power
05-03-2009, 10:46 PM
Well my friend and I took it apart and think I can fix it, figure I have nothing to lose:goof . If it turns out I can't I'll give you a call Memphis :thumbsup

70 cutlass 442
05-04-2009, 02:23 AM
2 of the 3 blade spindles ended up being frozen and after trying to engage the blades a few times it ended up snapping the straps connecting the parts of the clutch.
I looked it up and through Toro it's over 300 bucks, and I dont have that laying around.
The toro number is 112-0913, the number on the clutch is Warner Electric 5219-64

You have the MTD version of the toros..... MTD started building the tractors after they ditched the wheel horse name. You should have a 2 year warranty on that if i remember correctly.... Either way, where did you buy it from?

Rocket Power
05-04-2009, 07:01 AM
Got it from Home Depot, I believe in april, so I am 2 years and one month which is about right for me if it has a 2 year warranty.:goof I had a POS NAPA clutch go and take out other parts 13 months on a 12 month warranty on my old Calais so I am good for thing going right out of warranty:rolf

70 cutlass 442
05-04-2009, 01:21 PM
Got it from Home Depot, I believe in april, so I am 2 years and one month which is about right for me if it has a 2 year warranty.:goof I had a POS NAPA clutch go and take out other parts 13 months on a 12 month warranty on my old Calais so I am good for thing going right out of warranty:rolf

They should be able to warranty it at any reputable toro service center.. But if you really want to be cheap, then this is what i would do....

when you buy something from home depot, they have no way of registering it... When you take somethign in for warranty work then they need your receipt. you could change the info on your receipt if you still have it laying around and then photo copy it to make it look real. then take it to a service center and they shold fix it no prob.

Karps TA
05-04-2009, 01:41 PM
Although most dealers will be more lax in the warranty had you bought it from them, not from a big box store. Most dealers don't like working on the big box store stuff or they might not make it a priority unless they are slow.

Rocket Power
05-04-2009, 04:22 PM
My wife was going to try and call about it today, I just want the part . I am capable of putting the one bolt back in myself, plugging in the wire and putting the belt back on.:goof
The part that broke is just some pieces of spring steel that look exactly like feeler gauges with a hole on each end retained by brass rivets .

70 cutlass 442
05-04-2009, 08:07 PM
My wife was going to try and call about it today, I just want the part . I am capable of putting the one bolt back in myself, plugging in the wire and putting the belt back on.:goof
The part that broke is just some pieces of spring steel that look exactly like feeler gauges with a hole on each end retained by brass rivets .

Contact John retzer at Ryerson distributing in meno. falls. He is the areas service director.... hes the man to make a claim go through... coporate will just tell you to take it to an authorized SC.

Rocket Power
05-04-2009, 09:06 PM
Contact John retzer at Ryerson distributing in meno. falls. He is the areas service director.... hes the man to make a claim go through... coporate will just tell you to take it to an authorized SC. That's what they did, I am going to take it over there since it's only like 4 blocks away, but it isn't coming of the trailer unless they confirm I'm not getting charged. I did all the work, I have the part off, I'll put the new one on. I just want them to put the new part in my hand. I sure the hell ain't paying them out of my pocket to tell me it's broke. It has exactly 12hrs on it(it turned 12 when I was putting it on the ramps), the blade spindles shouldn't have froze and that's what caused the clutch to blow, just give me my part.