PDA

View Full Version : Just don't get it.

Holeshot
04-30-2009, 10:25 PM
I spend $ 500 on parts I get bitched at. I spend $500 on two pair of glasses and not a peep. $ 300 on parts its a bitch fest. $ 300 on home repair no problem. But its okay to spend $ 175 on cigarettes a month. and I have to breath second hand smoke in my own damn house. :goof

I just don't get it. :confused

TURTLE
04-30-2009, 10:27 PM
i feel ya... i get reamed out when i buy $200 in parts for a good weekend at the track, but when her car payment is 3x what my "parts" cost per month, i digress...

RanJer
04-30-2009, 10:30 PM
I spend $ 500 on parts I get bitched at. I spend $500 on two pair of glasses and not a peep. $ 300 on parts its a bitch fest. $ 300 on home repair no problem. But its okay to spend $ 175 on cigarettes a month. and I have to breath second hand smoke in my own damn house. :goof

$175/month on cigs????? :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

TURTLE
04-30-2009, 10:35 PM
$175/month on cigs????? :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

you do realize it's $5+ a pack now... so what's a pack a day translate to?

moels
04-30-2009, 10:36 PM
Since I have been divorced I have so much more money and am so much happier. I don't think I'll ever marry again.

RanJer
04-30-2009, 10:44 PM
you do realize it's $5+ a pack now... so what's a pack a day translate to?

I guess.. I smoke like 2 packs a week... and that's still too expensive...

GTSLOW
04-30-2009, 10:53 PM
Shit I got bitched at for buying a $12.95 gas cap today. :wtf

Yeehaw
04-30-2009, 10:55 PM
this makes me wanna stay single

no offense guys

Holeshot
04-30-2009, 11:00 PM
Shes usually real good about money. Hell she makes great cake. I never say boo when she buys a purse clothes god knows what for the grand kids. Hell I don't even complain about all her trips to Madison , Green Bay several times a month to see them. I guess Its time for separate checking accounts.

letsrunem
04-30-2009, 11:05 PM
I guess Its time for separate checking accounts.

I'm not married yet but this seems the best way to go from what I've seen. Prevents the problem from ever happening. And there's no bitching about how much $ I spend on my car :)

Holeshot
04-30-2009, 11:09 PM
I'm not married yet but this seems the best way to go from what I've seen. Prevents the problem from ever happening. And there's no bitching about how much $ I spend on my car :)

You would think after 23 years she could care less what I do and for the most part she doesn't.

Z28Envy
04-30-2009, 11:10 PM
I feel all your pain guys. I have been with the same girl for 12 years, she hasn't had to work in the last 5 and whenever I buy something(she knows about)I get bitched at! I work between 40-70 hours a week and pay all the bills so if I want to buy something I am sure the hell going to buy it!:thumbsup

Firefighter Z
04-30-2009, 11:12 PM
See Dan where you messed up is where you told her that you bought car parts, thats a no no. Always get rid of any proof of buying parts.

When you do go and buy parts, go directly to the garage. If she asks why you went into the garage when you got home... Just tell here you engine light came on and your low on blinker fluid. lol

Since I'm working on the Camaro right now, I always have beer in my fridge so I can drown out the complaining and loud tunes in the garage... Jessica knows if she wants to drink my beer, theres no complaining in Manland because tools will be chasing you.

Holeshot
04-30-2009, 11:14 PM
No see everything comes right out of my checks at work. So she sees the direct deposit and knows where the money went. Hence the need for separate accounts.

Firefighter Z
04-30-2009, 11:17 PM
Ohhhhhh.... Well I guess that I'll be keeping my personal account then. lol

Dan if you ever get kicked out for the night, I have a couch you can crash on. lol

Holeshot
04-30-2009, 11:20 PM
Dan if you ever get kicked out for the night, I have a couch you can crash on. lol

Thanks Josh but that would never happen. Besides Jess would tell ya different Im sure. :rolf

Voodoo Chick
04-30-2009, 11:31 PM
Here's my theory, and I think I'm qualified to have one, seeing as I AM a woman, lol.....but the oddball variety who is into cars......as in working on them as well as driving them. I would happily live on ramen noodles, while living in a van if it meant I could buy unlimited speed parts for my cars...that said here goes: I have heard many women trash-talking their BF's/husband's cars, and ranting and bitching about the amount of time and money spent......I personally believe it is PURE jealousy. They see the car as a rival...think about it guys, the car is sexy, sleek, always purring and willing, and she'll never "have a headache." Alot of you here have SEXY cars, and most women.....well, sexy, hard, fast, lean....these words don't always apply to them. So, they get pissed about having a rival who will never be fat, bloated, wrinkled, greying, etc. They can never really be "the focus" of a guy's life if he already has his steel mistress in the garage. Hence, the bitching. As for me, I'd rather have a guy give me a crate engine than some lame-ass purse or sparkly rock. I'd just sell the rock to buy car parts anyway!! ;)

Holeshot
04-30-2009, 11:36 PM
I personally believe it is PURE jealousy.

In this case you are right to a point. Shes didn't like that car since day one. Of course I never told her I was buying it. She just happened to come home early the night they rolled it off the flat bed into the garage. It was hate at first sight.

Thats how it got named Christine. :rolf

Russ Jerome
04-30-2009, 11:41 PM
Here's my theory, and I think I'm qualified to have one, seeing as I AM a woman, lol.....but the oddball variety who is into cars......as in working on them as well as driving them. I would happily live on ramen noodles, while living in a van if it meant I could buy unlimited speed parts for my cars...that said here goes

Well unfortunately your that girl we all have hoped to land
but in the end most women and men has completely opposite agenda's.

Why do girls fight off fooling around when in the end they
get to lay back twitching and moaning with a huge smile
on there face like its the best day of there life?

Why do girls dress up for other girls? I mean realy attracting a guy
is way too easy and what we think is not important anyway?

I could go on but you get the point.

Voodoo Chick
04-30-2009, 11:41 PM
See....every car I see, I want.....if my ol' man brought one home, I'd welcome it home with open arms, lol.......and maybe some "welcome home Bondo."

Voodoo Chick
04-30-2009, 11:45 PM
Well unfortunately your that girl we all have hoped to land
but in the end most women and men has completely opposite agenda's.

Why do girls fight off fooling around when in the end they
get to lay back twitching and moaning with a huge smile
on there face like its the best day of there life?

Why do girls dress up for other girls? I mean realy attracting a guy
is way too easy and what we think is not important anyway?

I could go on but you get the point.

For what it's worth, I have no idea why women do any of this sh*t either.....I am as dumbfounded as the guys. It seems to me women spend a remarkable amount of time playing weird little games, contradicting themselves, etc.....like, here's another one: WHY do women just order a side salad while on a date? Do they think it makes them look dainty? Just order a damn burger or something......and the fear of bugs......wtf? you think that little spider is really gonna hurt you? :chair: I, too, could go on and on.....

xFullThrottlex
04-30-2009, 11:48 PM
""the more I learn about women, the more i like my car""

-Ed Roth

Sprayaway Fox
04-30-2009, 11:52 PM
""the more I learn about women, the more i like my car""

-Ed Roth

:rolfSo true. All my buds that were into cars got married or started dating a girl and the cruises and sat night dragstrip time just stopped.

Then they come over and we ride wheelers or do some wrenching or stupid stuff, then when there women stop over and it turns into SILENCE.:confused

Russ Jerome
04-30-2009, 11:52 PM
For what it's worth, I have no idea why women do any of this sh*t either.....I am as dumbfounded as the guys. It seems to me women spend a remarkable amount of time playing weird little games, contradicting themselves, etc.....like, here's another one: WHY do women just order a side salad while on a date? Do they think it makes them look dainty? Just order a damn burger or something....

Thank you! What the H "e" double LL is that about?

If I want a "woman" I want a steak not a dam hot dog!
If I want a place to curl up on to watch TV I want a couch
to curl up on not a boney wooden rocker!
If I want a movie star model I'll go to India and get some
starved sand chick.

Voodoo Chick
04-30-2009, 11:58 PM
Thank you! What the H "e" double LL is that about?

If I want a "woman" I want a steak not a dam hot dog!
If I want a place to curl up on to watch TV I want a couch
to curl up on not a boney wooden rocker!
If I want a movie star model I'll go to India and get some
starved sand chick.

LOL!! True....I have never, ever understood that "act like a dainty little princess" mentality....It seems incredibly fake, incredibly shallow, and really time-consuming to keep at......It's like these chicks think that 1- if they touch anything dirty or "icky" they are going to melt......2-the only parts of a car that matters is the vanity mirror on the back of the visor, and possibly the radio.....3- if it is under the hood, it is "icky," hence there's that risk of melting again.......4- only a woman who "like totally" doesn't want to impress her date will actually eat a full meal on a date.....Oh, this list could go on forever.......and this is why I usually only hang out with guys......:rolf

lordairgtar
05-01-2009, 12:48 AM
Most wimmin tend to think of car parts and tools as toys. A purse or pair of shoes is called "accessorizing". Since clothing is a neccessity, the add-ons are also a neccessity. Luckily, my GF of nine years lets me spend on my hobbies and likes to go to the car shows with me. plus I never tell her what she can and can't have either. She doesn't complain about the 1,000 un-built model car kits living in the bedroom and I don't complain about the several angel figurines that live all over the apartment.

gottwins?
05-01-2009, 12:59 AM

Its because the car means nothing to your significant other which means that any money you spend on it is going towards "nothing". When I meet girls they know I come as a package which means either you deal with the fact that I love cars and dump a lot of money into them...or we won't work out...saves both of us a lot of headaches.

Thankfully I found a girl that both really enjoys cars in general (she schools ricers!) and loves me too much to care. :banana

srt4eh
05-01-2009, 01:02 AM
I guess I have one of the rare wives...I have spent probably about $2,000 on parts alone while deployed and all she says is, "So...do I get to help install em?" Or when I bought my Challenge neon she asked when she gets to drive it. As long as I put her and my son first she doesn't care how much I spend on my toys.

You shoulda seen the look on her face when we put her 3" exhaust on her STi....priceless :)

letsrunem
05-01-2009, 01:16 AM
I guess I have one of the rare wives...I have spent probably about $2,000 on parts alone while deployed and all she says is, "So...do I get to help install em?" Or when I bought my Challenge neon she asked when she gets to drive it. As long as I put her and my son first she doesn't care how much I spend on my toys.

You shoulda seen the look on her face when we put her 3" exhaust on her STi....priceless :)

Your girl drives an STi and wants to help work on your car. You should feel very lucky. All I hear is "STOP SPENDING $/WORKING ON YOUR DAMN CAR." I fail to see the need for $200+ UGG boots and those crazy expensive purses but she buys what she likes and I buy what I like.

gottwins?
05-01-2009, 01:48 AM
Girls with thin hands come in handy when working on z32 TT's.

http://i416.photobucket.com/albums/pp249/chillin4daday/mygirl.jpg

Claybar...

http://i416.photobucket.com/albums/pp249/chillin4daday/mygirl2.jpg

srt4eh
05-01-2009, 03:48 AM
My wife will get dirty working on cars....but she doesn't like cleaning cars...I guess thats my job

Reverend Cooper
05-01-2009, 03:49 AM
you lookin at ma ballz

URLOZIN
05-01-2009, 04:32 AM
I work 50-70 hrs a week and pay all the bills, and take care of all her needs. I buy what i want and if she starts to complain, I just ask her what bills have she paid, then I get silence. After the first few times, she now leaves me alone about car stuff.

michelle
05-01-2009, 06:21 AM
If you guys just dated other car guys, you wouldn't have all these problems. (:

Way back, I dated a guy who had no interest in cars. He couldn't even change his own oil. That relationship ended rather quickly.

Rocket Power
05-01-2009, 06:54 AM
I guess I am one of the lucky ones, my wife doesn't care if I spend money on the car as long as we have the money. She has her own summer/project car too:thumbsup

CATNHAT
05-01-2009, 07:24 AM
You need a "SECRET" checking account/credit card. Set it up as an Irrevocable Trust or something that she would not be interested in looking at. Then get a debit card off of the account.

She wont see the purchases on any statement, just be ellusive when installing the new parts or whatever you purchased. Say something like like "This camber Inducer has been rattling and is driving me nuts" as you install your new 351C in the GTO.

Then tell her how pretty she looks under the garage lights--guaranteed to leave you alone then!

PureSound15
05-01-2009, 07:32 AM
Unfortunately we all love an expensive hobby. My lady doesn't really care what I buy - and if she ever said something I think she'd backtrack really fast if her bills weren't paid anymore :)

More than anything - she's usually just surprised at how much something costs. Hard for her to comprehend how the rear tires on the cobra were almost double the price of all 4 tires on her Jetta.

That_Guy
05-01-2009, 07:46 AM
this makes me wanna stay single

no offense guys

my girlfriend has really been pushing the getting engaged button the last month and a half. Every time it gets brought up I laugh at her and walk out of the room. Just recently she started scolding me on a few of my tax return purchases. "UGH" that was a heated argument. i won but im not sure if it was worth it.

TheRX7Project
05-01-2009, 07:46 AM
Hence, I am divorced, and for some unknown reason, I magically have a running driving project car after not having one for 5 years. It's a miracle.

Greg@GLD
05-01-2009, 08:18 AM
I guess I'm just lucky after reading many of these replies.

I've been married 22 years, I think I can honestly say I love my wife more now than when we first got married. She's not one of those "I rule the roost" types and we have a nice balance in how we treat each other. She's always given me "space" and she knows (like any quality woman) that a man needs hobbies and outlets to be happy. She never tries to make me feel guilty about my car addiction. She basically says "as long as you take care of business and the homefront, the other things are fine". She's like my right arm with regard to our business ventures and she's a wonderful mother and my best friend in the world.

The fact that she's quite attractive is just an added bonus. :shades

It also helps if you get your wife her own car. ;)

http://gregscars.com/images/A_6/6/5/9/49566/DSC01597_60f71.Large.jpg

If I could offer advice to some of you younger guys it would be this- You can usually spot pretty quickly in a relationship if you have one of those "types" of women who can and will make your life miserable. They give off a LOT of clues. If they are overly-affected by PMS, you'll pay for it down the road, trust me. If they display petty jealousy towards your friends, especially female friends, or they make comments like "you love that car more than you love me" that is another sure sign of future problems. The "it's all about me" type of woman is usually the kind that ends up with alimony payments and a house.

Choose carefully.

kornholio788
05-01-2009, 08:20 AM
My gf is a car chick. Loves her hondas. Is currently doing a motor swap on her civic. She is more of the go fast girl and I am a all show kinda guy. But when it comes to our cars we both know how much pride we take in our cars. And understand eaches need to spend money on it. For xmas, bday, etc presents. It's car parts for each other haha.

My gf = win.

And I will ALWAYS have a seperate bank account. I currently have 3 accounts(2 checking and 1 savings). And there ain't no way in hell she is getting into any of them. My money is my money. I work hard for what I have. If you don't want to work hard. Thats fine. You will be broke as shit.

pashtrd
05-01-2009, 08:48 AM
My wife and I have an understanding. As long as she smokes I get to spend the same amount on car parts.

Josepy
05-01-2009, 09:09 AM
I got lucky. My wife quit smoking when she found out whe was pregnant. She has no urge to start back up either.

DR.FORD
05-01-2009, 09:21 AM

I've been married 22 years, I think I can honestly say I love my wife more now than when we first got married. She's not one of those "I rule the roost" types and we have a nice balance in how we treat each other. She's always given me "space" and she knows (like any quality woman) that a man needs hobbies and outlets to be happy. She never tries to make me feel guilty about my car addiction. She basically says "as long as you take care of business and the homefront, the other things are fine". She's like my right arm with regard to our business ventures and she's a wonderful mother and my best friend in the world.

If I could offer advice to some of you younger guys it would be this- You can usually spot pretty quickly in a relationship if you have one of those "types" of women who can and will make your life miserable. They give off a LOT of clues. If they are overly-affected by PMS, you'll pay for it down the road, trust me. If they display petty jealousy towards your friends, especially female friends, or they make comments like "you love that car more than you love me" that is another sure sign of future problems. The "it's all about me" type of woman is usually the kind that ends up with alimony payments and a house.

Choose carefully.

I am also one of the "Lucky Ones"!
After 27 years of marriage I can tell you this. If you have to lie about what you spend on a car or parts, then there are more things you will end up suppressing. Once you get in the frame of mind that "I just won't tell her" it WILL be more than car shit. What kind of relationship is that?? When I become worm food I want my Family to know what is there and what was invested. If you are keeping the bills paid and there is food on the table, then it should be good for both to have hobbies. I DO know that car parts are able to be resold once not being used, and knick-knacks for the end table are worthless! You have to be able to communicate. Just my opinion.

jbiscuit
05-01-2009, 09:27 AM
communication is key. It also helps to have a supportive better half. Sometimes I wonder how I got so lucky. My wife might give me a hard time about something I want or bought but in the end she is proud of me and supports what I love 110%. She would do anything to see me happy. So in return I do whatever I can to make her happy. I owe her the world.

WhatsADSM
05-01-2009, 09:41 AM
FWIW this how it works in my house. We have a main shared checking account which gets the vast majority of our money. The mortgage, bills, home repairs, etc are paid from that account. However we both also have seperate checking accounts for our play money and get X number of dollars per paycheck, that we both agreed is fair. If she buys a $500 purse or shoes out of her account it is fine by me, and if I buy $500 injectors out of my account it doesn't effect her. It also has the added benefit that I can spend every penny in my account and not worry that the bills won't get paid. Basically an allowance for big boys/girls.

juicedimpss
05-01-2009, 10:03 AM
my dog never complains that i spend too much money on beer and car parts.
:D

Crawlin
05-01-2009, 10:06 AM
he just sits outside the door dropping landmines on the path to the garage....

Holeshot
05-01-2009, 01:38 PM
Im not unhappy. 23 years together says something. I was just amazed by her complaining thid time around. She normally doesn't say boo.

wrath
05-01-2009, 01:41 PM
My old lady doesn't seem to care as long as:
We have the money.
I give her the opportunity to talk me out of it if it's over $200.
It's not something entirely stupid (we'll use it more than once).

She knew I was in to "big dumb mud trucks" a long time ago, but she didn't seem to catch on the only reason I was into "big dumb mud trucks" was because there was no one to "gofastgo" with. So, now that we're in the city it's become an issue that I want to trade in my "big dumb mud truck" for a "go stupidly fast" vehicle.

I don't think it's the money aspect of it that's the problem. I think it's the safety aspect. When I told her I wanted to get something so I could go autocrossing she pooped herself and then threw it at me. At least I think that's the issue.

She's a proponent of us getting a car to fix up and to go cruise/carshow. Not so much interested in 750hp in a 3500lb car going for white-knuckle rides.

88Nightmare
05-01-2009, 01:45 PM
Dan, how did the wife feel about your idea of trading up to a C6?

Holeshot
05-01-2009, 02:05 PM
Dan, how did the wife feel about your idea of trading up to a C6?

The ZO6 ? She never said anything. But I just might go get a G8 GXP now.

88Nightmare
05-01-2009, 02:10 PM
make sure you get it in manual :)

Holeshot
05-01-2009, 02:13 PM
make sure you get it in manual :)

Hell no Im lazy and the Computer can shift way faster then I can.

88Nightmare
05-01-2009, 02:24 PM
slacker

0TransAm0
05-01-2009, 05:10 PM
i guess i got lucky... my girl has spent more money than me on MY car in aftermarket parts so far THIS year...she knows how much pride,time,and money i have in the car and she loves to drive it just as much as i do...altho we are buying a house so as of late it's been "your not getting anything till after we are in the house" blah blah blah...

wrath
05-01-2009, 05:30 PM
The ZO6 ? She never said anything. But I just might go get a G8 GXP now.

They only increased the incentives on it from $3,000 to $3,500 and the pricing schedules remained the same. For the price difference between the two plus the $1,700 Gas Guzzler tax you can pretty much pay for a twin-screw blower and the bling brakes. I mean, it's a $6,000 MSRP/$5500 Employee difference between the base GT and the GXP.

2006wrxtr
05-01-2009, 05:32 PM
My exwife was cool with the cars and bikes.
My GF of the last 8 yrs doesn't understand it, but doesn't say much.
She did get upset when I dumped like 14k into a Mustang sold it for $7500 and then bought it back 8 months later for $6500. Not the first car I had done this with.

We have the joint and seperate account thing going to. We each put a certain amount into a account for household expense. We ussually end up with some extra every few months and either by something for the house or just go out to the nuddey bar and get some lap dances.

Guess wich one she is..?
http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t297/mike93lx/IMG00039.jpg

HRSEPLA
05-01-2009, 05:53 PM
I got a good one thank God, but a funny saying one of my old car friends had was "It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission" lol

UnderPSI
05-01-2009, 09:44 PM
Guess wich one she is..?

Middle one??

Rocket Power
05-01-2009, 09:51 PM
I got a good one thank God, but a funny saying one of my old car friends had was "It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission" lol

I'll admit using that one a couple times:rolf

Nick
05-01-2009, 10:30 PM
People who smoke are filthy and fucking disgusting.

2006wrxtr
05-02-2009, 07:39 AM
Middle one??

YUp...

TURTLE
05-02-2009, 01:34 PM

she did have that wierd look on her face when i was under the car:rolf:rolf

and how's that exhaust doing btw? :thumbsup

my girl... ummm.. not gonna go there...:goof

Irish
05-02-2009, 01:36 PM
People who smoke are filthy and fucking disgusting.

Uh okay dickhead.

pOrk
05-02-2009, 01:45 PM
If you guys just dated other car guys, you wouldn't have all these problems. (:

Way back, I dated a guy who had no interest in cars. He couldn't even change his own oil. That relationship ended rather quickly.

I don't change my own oil, does that make me not a car guy? :durr

Memphis
05-02-2009, 09:06 PM
As a few have said, I too am one of the lucky ones with a true 'car girl.' Hell, her car is nicer than mine and there is never a complaint about money or time spent in the garage on our cars...
As Dr Ford said, if you hide things from her, then it gets easier and easier to lie about stuff, not to mention trying to keep all the lies and hiding things straight. In the end, it'll bite you in the ass and you'll lose it all including her.

Voodoo Chick
05-02-2009, 09:54 PM
Personally, and this is STRICTLY my opinion, so no one get crazy on me here.....please....if I had a partner who gave me sh*t about my cars, my car-parts buying, or in fact ANYTHING relating to my cars, they would be out the door so fast it wouldn't even be funny. I'll take ALOT, but butt in on my cars?? Uh-uh......that's sacred ground there.

Holeshot
05-02-2009, 10:13 PM
I don't hide anything from the miss. Normally she never says much if anything about cars or the expense. It just happened this one time and it caught me off guard. She does what she want as do I.

Nick
05-02-2009, 10:15 PM
Uh okay dickhead.

:rolf :rolf

I knew that would test someone

Holeshot
05-02-2009, 10:18 PM
:rolf :rolf

I knew that would test someone

LOL I chase her out side or follow her around with a can of air freshener. :rolf

Most of the time I just take it out of her mouth and toss it in the sink.
Yesterday I put her ashtray on her pillow. :rolf:rolf:rolf

OxmanWI
05-02-2009, 10:34 PM

Choose carefully.

wow nicely put, couldn't have said it better

lordairgtar
05-02-2009, 11:29 PM
YUp...
Wow!!! The prettiest one there!

I was cruising the rummage sales (If all I see is baby crap and clothes from the street, I don't get out of the car) and I found a handful of MATCO wrenches for sale which I bought for $60. Not a peep from the little woman...she's a gem. I didn't push for the Snap-On wrenches which were going for $150...I know my boundaries.:devil

michelle
05-03-2009, 06:30 AM
I don't change my own oil, does that make me not a car guy? :durr

You don't keep cars long enough that they need an oil change. :goof

Greg@GLD
05-03-2009, 07:07 AM
wow nicely put, couldn't have said it better

Thank you. I live it sir.

Case in point: I've always wanted a GT500. Been looking at one at Heiser/Northpoint in particular for months (According to some people on this site, a real ugly one!) :goof
It got to the point where I had my Mustang GT paid off and could possibly make the numbers work on the GT500. Mark and I came to a "price agreement" and the last step was talking to Missie about it. I left it up to her. I said "Can we do this??

...I promise I won't buy another car for at least 6 months!"

We talked it out, we looked at the numbers and how it fit into our finances, and then she left it up to me. :headbang
I say with 100% candor and honesty- if my wife had said "Greg I don't think this is a good idea right now, we can't do this" I would have accepted that decision and there would have been nothing else said about it.

The best part was when we picked it up. She says "That's it! You have to teach me how to drive a stick!" :wooo Uh oh!

This woman has been by my side since I was a young adult with $200 to my name, living from paycheck to paycheck. I feel like I am very blessed by God and I hope the same for all of you. (Regardless of what your belief system/ideology is) :)

b4mytm
05-03-2009, 09:36 AM
As a few have said, I too am one of the lucky ones with a true 'car girl.' Hell, her car is nicer than mine and there is never a complaint about money or time spent in the garage on our cars...
As Dr Ford said, if you hide things from her, then it gets easier and easier to lie about stuff, not to mention trying to keep all the lies and hiding things straight. In the end, it'll bite you in the ass and you'll lose it all including her.

:)

88Nightmare
05-03-2009, 12:52 PM
Thank you. I live it sir.

Case in point: I've always wanted a GT500. Been looking at one at Heiser/Northpoint in particular for months (According to some people on this site, a real ugly one!) :goof
It got to the point where I had my Mustang GT paid off and could possibly make the numbers work on the GT500. Mark and I came to a "price agreement" and the last step was talking to Missie about it. I left it up to her. I said "Can we do this??

...I promise I won't buy another car for at least 6 months!"

We talked it out, we looked at the numbers and how it fit into our finances, and then she left it up to me. :headbang
I say with 100% candor and honesty- if my wife had said "Greg I don't think this is a good idea right now, we can't do this" I would have accepted that decision and there would have been nothing else said about it.

The best part was when we picked it up. She says "That's it! You have to teach me how to drive a stick!" :wooo Uh oh!

This woman has been by my side since I was a young adult with $200 to my name, living from paycheck to paycheck. I feel like I am very blessed by God and I hope the same for all of you. (Regardless of what your belief system/ideology is) :)

thats awesome greg. I had no idea you bought a GT500. With divorces on the rise, after 20 some odd years, its nice to see a couple working out just as well, if not better than their first day of marriage.

Yeehaw
05-03-2009, 04:33 PM
the girl i am chasing right now has a GSX that is modified and she has a new turbo and intercooler and other misc. parts awaiting to be installed :-)

lordairgtar
05-03-2009, 04:52 PM
the girl i am chasing right now has a GSX that is modified and she has a new turbo and intercooler and other misc. parts awaiting to be installed :-)
You chase until she catches you!:rolf