PDA

View Full Version : so I need some help with a all inclusive vacation spot

domokun
04-29-2009, 10:27 AM
so we were supposed to be going to Rivera Maya, Mexico May 17th-24th but we need a backup plan with this with the whole swine flu thing, if we have to skip that area :crying ( even though Im not really scared of it ) riveria maya is about 1hr from cancun, and we are staying at a fairly small resort )

does anyone know where some good all inclusive places are that arnt in mexico?

either been there, or heard from others on whats a good place?

we are both scuba divers, so that is a huge plus.

thanks

juicedimpss
04-29-2009, 10:39 AM
try these guys,they sponsor our true street class.
http://www.exhibitravel.com/

animal
04-29-2009, 10:44 AM
Hawaii ftw. You get to stay in the USA :)

domokun
04-29-2009, 11:20 AM
Hawaii isnt all inclusive and we are trying to keep it under 3500

94greenbandit
04-29-2009, 11:23 AM
Doesn't Jamaica have all inclusive resorts

Take a look at this site:

http://www.allinclusiveresorts.net/

Sprayaway Fox
04-29-2009, 11:33 AM
A coworker I know went to aruba in a all included trip, I saw pics and she came back and said she would def. go there again. Not to long of a plane ride either.

Crawlin
04-29-2009, 12:01 PM
I just got back earlier this week from Cancun and there was nothing there about the swine flu. We all knew about it, but there was no one that had it and they weren't too concerned about it. I'd still say you are safe.

jbiscuit
04-29-2009, 12:09 PM
SoCal FTW. Go to San Diego, sit on the beach and drink Coronas FTW. Coronado Island has some SWEET hotels plus the views are awesome. Can't beat the weather either. Do the zoo there and the aircraft carrier tour, great food yadda yadda

domokun
04-29-2009, 12:14 PM
I just got back earlier this week from Cancun and there was nothing there about the swine flu. We all knew about it, but there was no one that had it and they weren't too concerned about it. I'd still say you are safe.

this is exactly what I've been hearing/reading on tripadvisors.com forum

people that JUST got back didnt know what was going on till they returned home.

I didn't get all worked up over the media lather, but sometimes you never know, a lot can happen in 3 weeks. all the people passing are either under the age of 4 or over the age of 60.

I called one our excursion places and they said they are running business as usual.

Exitspeed
04-29-2009, 12:21 PM
Doesn't Jamaica have all inclusive resorts

Take a look at this site:

http://www.allinclusiveresorts.net/

I've been to Jamaica twice. Two years in a row. I'd suggest the Sandels Whitehouse Resort. It should be around your price range. It's one of their newest resorts so it's still very clean and new looking.

We went to Sandals Negril resorts last year and it was more of a party area. We want to relax when we go on vacation. That's why we liked Whitehouse.

94greenbandit
04-29-2009, 12:28 PM
Have always wanted to go to Jamaica. Did you do any touring there, was it safe, i here some areas are iffy even for tourist areas

domokun
04-29-2009, 12:28 PM
same here, we just want to relax, and dive. thats all!

TheRX7Project
04-29-2009, 02:19 PM
Puerto Rico FTW. It's just like Mexico, with all the Mexicans running around speaking Mexican :goof

But seriously they have some nice all-inclusives, and it's all ocean.

shoooo32
04-29-2009, 04:29 PM
I got home from Playa del Carmen last week. To be honest with you, between the flu and the drug cartels I think we are going to skip Mexico and go to Belize next year. The hotels are tiny but everthing is fairly inexpensive and if your into adventure trips belize has a ton of stuff to do. (and the National language is english, which is nice)

88Nightmare
04-29-2009, 05:06 PM
I've had family that went to Aruba. I've been to Grand Caymen which was fuckin nice! All inclusive resorts are nice, but I enjoy getting out and about away from the resort, checking out the local life, local restaurants/shops....etc

lordairgtar
04-29-2009, 06:07 PM
The Dominican Republic has some all inclusive resorts as well. Belize is also good. A lot of US ex-pats live there.

lordairgtar
04-29-2009, 06:14 PM
I got home from Playa del Carmen last week. To be honest with you, between the flu and the drug cartels I think we are going to skip Mexico and go to Belize next year. The hotels are tiny but everthing is fairly inexpensive and if your into adventure trips belize has a ton of stuff to do. (and the National language is english, which is nice)
https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/bh.html
belize is nice, my supervisor went there to visit her brother who lives there. Also the Dominican Republic has some all inclusives.

pOrk
04-29-2009, 06:27 PM
My boss just got back from Maya, paid 900 for himself and another 900 for his gf for 7 nights 8 days all inclusive including air fare.

Exitspeed
04-30-2009, 07:55 AM
Have always wanted to go to Jamaica. Did you do any touring there, was it safe, i here some areas are iffy even for tourist areas

Yeah we did. We went on a shopping excursion one day. It was real safe actually. The bus driver that picks you up really has your best interested in mind. The people in Jamaica are really nice too. The real bad stuff going on in Jamaica is in Kingston which is WAAAAY (like a 3-4 hour drive) on the other side of the island and tourists just don't go there.

same here, we just want to relax, and dive. thats all!

Whitehouse man. I'm telling you, you won't regret it. The wife and I are planning on going back again soon.

The second year we went there, one of the dudes at the gift shop even remembered us. The first time we went I forgot to bring a belt. So I went into the higher end clothing store they had and they actually didnt' even have a belt. So the guy working there said, "don't worry I'll get you one and bring it to your room." Sure enough we came back to out room later that day and there was a belt in my size sitting on the bed. It was brad new too. We couldn't believe it. We went back tot he store to see what I owed him and he said $10 would cover it. Shit you can barely buy a belt here for $10. I honestly don't even know where he got a new belt from because there's not shopping around for miles.

Anyway the next year we went in there he recognized us right away. We recognized him as well.

94greenbandit
04-30-2009, 08:42 AM
Thanks I will definitely keep that place in mind.

Those people probably have connections on the black market you don't know about ;)

domokun
04-30-2009, 08:42 AM
I looked up Jamaica stuff. prices have sky rocketed ( about 2k above what we are paying for mexico )

this sucks!

Im ready to stick out the flu!

gottwins?
04-30-2009, 08:56 AM
SoCal FTW. Go to San Diego, sit on the beach and drink Coronas FTW. Coronado Island has some SWEET hotels plus the views are awesome. Can't beat the weather either. Do the zoo there and the aircraft carrier tour, great food yadda yadda

I miss San Diego...contemplating on going back next month for a while.

Crawlin
04-30-2009, 09:30 AM
this is exactly what I've been hearing/reading on tripadvisors.com forum

people that JUST got back didnt know what was going on till they returned home.

I didn't get all worked up over the media lather, but sometimes you never know, a lot can happen in 3 weeks. all the people passing are either under the age of 4 or over the age of 60.

I called one our excursion places and they said they are running business as usual.

Sorry, I misspoke...

We all KNEW what was going on. it was all over the news. BUT, there was nothing there in regards to people panicking or wearing masks, etc...

But yeah, you are right, alot can happen in 3 weeks.

nitrous
04-30-2009, 09:39 AM
You can probably get a good rate for a Juarez room right now. :P

Seriously, I would wait it out and go to Puerto Vallarta later. Unbelievable experience. Can't wait to go back. We paid just over $3500 for our 4 star, adults only resort.

www.hotelcasavelas.com

Crawlin
04-30-2009, 10:50 AM
Damn, how long are you gonna be there?

My all inclusive, flight and everything, to the Grand Oasis in Cancun, was like $700/ea. That was 4 days and 3 nights. It wasn't an "adults-only" resort only because some of the restrictions they have are pretty weird. (i.e. men have to wear collar shirts anytime not walking around the pool/swimsuit time)