PDA

View Full Version : Deadliest Catch

Holeshot
04-28-2009, 09:09 PM
Tonight's episode was probably the most heart wrenching I have ever seen in the 4 seasons its been on. The sinking of the KATMIA as told by the captain and the survivors was incredible.

Katmai Sinking Deadliest Catch

In the early hours of October 22, last year, Katmai vessel went missing. The 92 feet long boat for catching cod fish sailed with 11 crew members. The boat belonged to the Katmai Fisheries, based in Seattle, Washington. On October 22, APRN (Alska Public Radio Network) reported that the vessel was missing in the Bering Sea. The sea lies in the Pacific Ocean, bordered by Alaska, Siberia and Kamchatka Peninsula.

Katmai Sinking: Deadliest Catch - The Katmai sinking that occurred last October where few crew members were killed was featured on Deadliest Catch on the Discovery channel this evening.Skipper Phil Harris, who survived on the sinking ship now operates his own boat called Cornelia Marie.
FV (for Fishing Vessel) Katmai Ship was a fishing boat that operated commercially. Last year, in October it sank a few miles west of the Adak Island in the Aleutians. During its sinking, the Katmai was playing host to a film shooting and tragically 7 of the 11 crewmen onboard were killed. It wasn’t the first to face disaster. 4 other fishing vessels like the Katmai have sunk in Alaskan waters in the last 10 years, one being Artic Rose, where all 15 crew members will killed.
Four crew members of a fishing boat were plucked alive from a life raft in frigid, stormy seas Wednesday, hours after their vessel was reported in distress, a Coast Guard spokesman says. Five crew members died, and two remained missing.A search continued for the remaining two crew members of the Katmai, a 93-foot fish processor based on Alaska's Kodiak islandRead said two more deceased crew members were located Wednesday night by a fishing vessel assisting the Coast Guard in the search. Three bodies were recovered earlier.

0TransAm0
04-28-2009, 09:25 PM
damn i woulda watched it but the brewer game is on....

Korndogg
04-28-2009, 09:41 PM
damn i woulda watched it but the brewer game is on....

x2