PDA

View Full Version : Which Autozone on Northside?

Russ Jerome
04-28-2009, 04:25 PM
OK so I totaly hate Autozone for more reasons than I can
list at the moment but if you had to order a part thru an
Autozone what location?

My closest (Im on 45/Capitol) is 63rd and Capitol, has
to be the worst group of air heads in any WI Autostoned.

Voodoo Chick
04-28-2009, 04:47 PM
I think you would be better off coming down to this area (Greenfield, Hales Corners, etc) the Autozones here are AWESOME.

Korndogg
04-28-2009, 04:49 PM
the Autozones here are AWESOME.

lol...uhm sure.

Voodoo Chick
04-28-2009, 05:19 PM
lol...uhm sure.

Well, they are to me!! Mainly because I'm there pretty often buying stuff, and I talk to the guys there all the time, so they are now very friendly.

Irish
04-28-2009, 05:35 PM
Well, they are to me!! Mainly because I'm there pretty often buying stuff, and I talk to the guys there all the time, so they are now very friendly.

I go to the Hales Corners AZ more often then I am willing to admit. I would say that half the people know what's up and the other half have no fucking clue what inventory they have compounded by the fact they haven't got the foggiest idea how to look up the part they do or don't know if they carry...

I went in there about a month ago with DK, and asked for a harmonic balancer bolt. One of the "gray shirts" looked me dead in the face and said they didn't carry it. I walked over to the small block chevy aisle and found one. I took it to said "gray shirt" and said, "Here, you carry it." He then replies, "Huh!"

:sniper :crazyeyesAutozone gray shirts:crazyeyes

lordairgtar
04-28-2009, 06:16 PM
Well, they are to me!! Mainly because I'm pretty , and I talk to the guys there all the time, so they are now very friendly.
Fixed:thumbsup

URLOZIN
04-28-2009, 06:36 PM
I go to the Hales Corners AZ more often then I am willing to admit. I would say that half the people know what's up and the other half have no fucking clue what inventory they have compounded by the fact they haven't got the foggiest idea how to look up the part they do or don't know if they carry...

I went in there about a month ago with DK, and asked for a harmonic balancer bolt. One of the "gray shirts" looked me dead in the face and said they didn't carry it. I walked over to the small block chevy aisle and found one. I took it to said "gray shirt" and said, "Here, you carry it." He then replies, "Huh!"

I've done that countless times, it's usually followed by a thanks dumbass.

GRAMPS SS
04-28-2009, 08:14 PM
i use the one in the falls when NAPA don't have what i need...

jbiscuit
04-28-2009, 08:42 PM
napa all the way.

TransAm12sec
04-28-2009, 08:45 PM
I've been to the one on 76th, but mainly because it's the closest.

377 N 76th St
Milwaukee, WI 53223
(414) 760-1809

SSLEVO
04-28-2009, 09:29 PM
Better than the advance in Menomonee falls, you have to wait 15 min to check out every time you go there. I hate those places with a passion, it really pisses me off when they put me on hold because they have to answer the phone and talk to the person for 5 min, wtf i'm standing right here!!!

Holeshot
04-28-2009, 09:44 PM
it really pisses me off when they put me on hold because they have to answer the phone and talk to the person for 5 min, wtf i'm standing right here!!!
Believe it or not counter sales people are trained to do that. Reason is your in the store already. The phone caller is a potential sale to be. Not that you are ant less important but you probably won't turn around and walk out empty handed.

You should at least be acknowledged by the guy at the counter.

Russ Jerome
04-28-2009, 09:45 PM
I have had good luck with southside AZ's when doing road
repairs for people, the Capitol store is the worst.

Knock sensors, need two and rarely is O'Reily more.

$57 each at Autozone (cheap mexican made).
$115 each at O'Reilys (OE quality).
$180 each at Napa (unknown brand but OE from Ford is
under $150 so the point is moot).

Holeshot
04-28-2009, 09:54 PM
Here is the policy at corporate NAPA. Answer the phone on or by the 3rd ring. If a customer comes in the store acknowledge that person with in 30 seconds. If you are on the phone at least wave, nod or what ever you need to do to make eye contact with then.

Never point to an Isle to a customer. Get out from behind the counter and show them what is where. Always ask open ended questions and let the customer tell you what they think they need. Never say no to a customer or I can't get that until you have exhausted all your options. Weather its calling a tech line an outside buy from another vendor or if the customer is willing to wait there is always an option to UPS it in for them. Always say thank you. Remember the Customer is putting food on your table and cloths on your back.

team beater
04-28-2009, 09:57 PM
i use the one in the falls when NAPA don't have what i need...

i hate the people at the on in the falls, every time i go there its like i have to demand them not to be lazy.......I have much better experience at the on 76 and good hope

Holeshot
04-28-2009, 10:09 PM
I have had good luck with southside AZ's when doing road
repairs for people, the Capitol store is the worst.

Knock sensors, need two and rarely is O'Reily more.

$57 each at Autozone (cheap mexican made).
$115 each at O'Reilys (OE quality).
$180 each at Napa (unknown brand but OE from Ford is
under $150 so the point is moot).

If you ask NAPA will try to do price matching or get close. We would rather do this than have you walk out the door empty handed.

Knock Sensors are either OE reboxed or made by Echlin Inc

Echlin Principal Subsidiaries

Ace Electric Company, Inc.; Automotive Controls Corp.; Automotive Brake Company Inc.; Blackstone Manufacturing Co., Inc.; Brake Parts, Inc.; BWD Automotive Corp.; Echlin International, V.I., Inc.; Echlin-Ponce, Inc.; The Echlin Sales Company; Pacer Industries, Inc.; Midland Brake, Inc.; Ristance Corp.; Sierra International Inc.; Tekonsha Engineering Company; Beck/Arnley Worldparts Corp.; BWD Automotive of Puerto Rico (70%); Distex Industries Inc.; EAP Automotive Products, Inc.; Echlin Argentina SA; Echlin Asset Funding Corp.; Echlin Australia (Pty.) Ltd.; Echlin Ltd. (Bermuda; 99%); Echlin Canada Inc.; Echlin Europe Ltd.; Echlin Holding Deutschland Gmbh (Germany); Frictiontech Inc.; Echlin Mexicana; Mr. Gasket, Inc.; Sprague Devices, Inc.; United Brake Systems Inc.; W.M. Holding Co., Inc.; Windsor Products Company, Inc.

Yeehaw
04-28-2009, 10:23 PM
Here is the policy at corporate NAPA. Answer the phone on or by the 3rd ring. If a customer comes in the store acknowledge that person with in 30 seconds. If you are on the phone at least wave, nod or what ever you need to do to make eye contact with then.

Never point to an Isle to a customer. Get out from behind the counter and show them what is where. Always ask open ended questions and let the customer tell you what they think they need. Never say no to a customer or I can't get that until you have exhausted all your options. Weather its calling a tech line an outside buy from another vendor or if the customer is willing to wait there is always an option to UPS it in for them. Always say thank you. Remember the Customer is putting food on your table and cloths on your back.

you seriouslly copied and pasted that word for word from napatraining

Holeshot
04-28-2009, 10:28 PM
No I didn't Copy paste. Its all from memory.

xFullThrottlex
04-28-2009, 10:32 PM

haha I was a red shirt a few years back at the Hales Corners Zone, and I told one of the gray shirts there (who will remain nameless) that I was going to attempt my first port and polish job on some junk heads I had laying around the shop and his response was "Why, would you want to make junk heads shine all pretty?" :durr:durr

Yeehaw
04-28-2009, 10:36 PM
No I didn't Copy paste. Its all from memory.

haha yes we live and breath that policy but its the reason people come back :thumbsup

Holeshot
04-28-2009, 10:38 PM
haha yes we live and breath that policy but its the reason people come back :thumbsup

Been with Napa 12 years now. Its burned into the brain :goof

RanJer
04-28-2009, 10:39 PM

Oh do you now? How was work today? :goof

Yeehaw
04-28-2009, 10:43 PM
Oh do you now? How was work today? :goof

has nothing to do with that lol...mistakes thanks to fellow co workers whom get me in trouble reason i enjoyed work so much today :thumbsup

im willing to help people get parts anytime just ask

Irish
04-28-2009, 10:49 PM
Autozone is the McDonald's of auto parts chains.

SSLEVO
04-28-2009, 10:51 PM
Believe it or not counter sales people are trained to do that. Reason is your in the store already. The phone caller is a potential sale to be. Not that you are ant less important but you probably won't turn around and walk out empty handed.

You should at least be acknowledged by the guy at the counter.

Yes, i know they are trained to do that, which pisses me off even more. And yes, i have thrown my sht on the counter and walked out before, lol.

Holeshot
04-28-2009, 10:52 PM
Autozone is the McDonald's of auto parts chains.

True in the fact that AZ has more Retail store's then all the other.

Irish
04-28-2009, 11:09 PM
True in the fact that AZ has more Retail store's then all the other.

and the fact that more than half the time you are dissatisfied and have a stomach ache after you leave. :puke :rolf

SBC-Fox
04-28-2009, 11:24 PM
76th st. goodhope rd. Half the people that work there are very good couple of them at night are full time mechanics and work part time at autozone which can be quite helpful.Others suck at life and pretty much should be shot, but most are willing to help.

Voodoo Chick
04-29-2009, 12:46 AM
Fixed:thumbsup

:) *Hugs you* LOL :)

Russ Jerome
04-29-2009, 04:25 PM
76th st. goodhope rd. Half the people that work there are very good couple of them at night are full time mechanics and work part time at autozone which can be quite helpful.

That was my next choice, glad you voted for them.

As for Capitol and 63rd....OMFG they called me again today
to let me know they have one of my knock sensors in....
ok idiot boy I orderd two because I NEED 2 TO PUT THE
INTAKE IN!!!!!!!! This after they orderd a 2nd set to the
first order of two thinking they may just get there head out
of there @$$ and get something right....just one time!

I think all these problems with them is a test or a cruel tv
joke, Im probably on some overseas tv show and people
are watching and waiting for me to snap!

SBC-Fox
04-29-2009, 10:09 PM
I live in between both of them, right when i moved here from the falls went to the capitol location its been 3 years since ive been back lol

BadAzzGTA89
04-30-2009, 04:46 AM
I would go to the one in the FALLS but that's just me!!

Russ Jerome
04-30-2009, 04:32 PM
Chapter closed, throbbing headache I've got both my
sensors today- thursday.

Punch line is they rung up as $190 for the pair and not
$119 for the pair. With the sensors in my hand I said I've
had enough and readied to flee.....they quickly overrode
the tab and I made my last purchase on Capitol/63rd.

Holeshot
04-30-2009, 06:19 PM
Russ anytime you have issues please PM me. I would love a chance to earn your business.

Russ Jerome
04-30-2009, 11:56 PM
Russ anytime you have issues please PM me. I would love a chance to earn your business.

Look forward too it, I understand Badger truck my present
employer uses you.

Holeshot
05-01-2009, 01:52 PM
They deal with State Street. You would have to contact me at the Airport/ South Milwaukee location. Or via PM . I have inventory access at home for the store.