PDA

View Full Version : Parking system ideas?

BoosTT
04-26-2009, 02:59 PM
I keep my car and motorcycle side by side in my 1 car garage. To park, I pretty much get the car's side mirrors about 1 inch away from the garage door opening, and then turn in (closer) to the wall once I'm through the opening.

Right now I'm using a few bricks to hit the tires to prevent me from getting too close to the wall, but I want something better. The problem is not pulling in too far, but rather the pass side door very close to the wall. I have seen the parking traffic light thing, but are there any other options?

JOHN 86GT
04-26-2009, 03:02 PM
A racket ball on the end of a rope hanging from the ceiling may work.

JOHN 86GT
04-26-2009, 03:06 PM
. The problem is not pulling in too far?

Guess my idea wont help(responded too soon)

indyzmike
04-26-2009, 03:37 PM
You could use some kind of light beam, like a laser, along the wall of the garage. It could trip a sensor and activate a light, or just make a shadow on the front wall to show where you are at.

1320PNY
04-26-2009, 03:42 PM
All types of things you could rig up. You can do the "non-intrusive" type like mentioned with a laser or a proximity sensor like the stoplight thing. You could do a simple "whip" with a felt pad and a flag (kinda like a kid's bike fiberglass flag, but with a felt tip that might touch your car). You could use some PVC rail and anchor it to the floor of the garage (like carwashes do).

It all depends on how fast, whom, and how intoxicated the "parker" is going to be.

I live in Pewaukee and have laser sensors in stock at work. If you want to do a "non-intrusive" setup, I could stop by one night and we could lay it out.

SSLEVO
04-26-2009, 07:20 PM
I do a similar thing, i keep my bike straight up and down and leaning against the wall. I use a tie down and a hook on the wall to make sure it won't tip over. That gets me another foot at least.